FP+ Details Are Out!

This is a tough question. You are in unknown territory.

Thanks! I realized that probably like 3 people have tried to do it so far. lol.

I'll be able to report back all sorts of fun things when I get back.

AP holders have been able to use the system, so I would think upgrading wouldn't cause too many issues. HA!

Thanks! I realized that probably like 3 people have tried to do it so far. lol.

I'll be able to report back all sorts of fun things when I get back.

AP holders have been able to use the system, so I would think upgrading wouldn't cause too many issues. HA!

I'd expect ticket upgrades/bridging to work as always...but I'm wondering how easy it will be to do if it is linked on the MB, especially at the ticket booths...I didn't notice any readers on the outside of the booths yet.

Yes, there are many people who understand how FP currently works. Some first timers, some returns visitors. There are also people who know they need to make reservations 180 days out and many people who don't. But it doesn't stop MANY people turning up at CRT for dinner and demanding a table. (I've seen and heard it)

My concern with FP+ is apart from the headache of booking rides 60 days out, I wonder how many people just won't turn up. First Timers especially are likely to book rides, not realising how big certain parks are (AK especially) and then just not turn up. I realise this happens with FP now too but I would think it's more likely you miss a ride you book 2 months earlier than a FP you picked up an hour ago.

With all due respect, I think you're missing bcrook's point. I agree that there is a percentage of the Disney-going population that doesn't understand FP. But regardless, there are STILL enough people at Disney who know enough about FP to snatch up all the TSM FP's before noon most days. There are STILL enough people snatching up PP FPs to push return times out several hours each day. And so on. So, yeah, there are some people who simply don't get FP, and even with all those people taken into account, there are still enough people utilizing the FP system currently to make it a success in Disney's eyes. I think that was bcrook's point.

I realise this happens with FP now too but I would think it's more likely you miss a ride you book 2 months earlier than a FP you picked up an hour ago.

Agreed. But if you are in SB at Splash-that's what you hope happens isn't it?

Now if they release FP+ no shows to the general population, then I'm hoping folks cancel and don't just skip.

Either way, the more no shows the better. They only have themselves to blame.

My concern with FP+ is apart from the headache of booking rides 60 days out, I wonder how many people just won't turn up. First Timers especially are likely to book rides, not realising how big certain parks are (AK especially) and then just not turn up. I realise this happens with FP now too but I would think it's more likely you miss a ride you book 2 months earlier than a FP you picked up an hour ago.

Disney will very quickly learn the percentage of people that show up for FP+, and accordingly adjust the distribution rate. I'm guessing they are already taking no-shows into account with the amount of FP+ they are handing out.

Statistically, the percentage will be predictable within a fairly accurate "maximum" percentage of people showing up. Less might be possible with bad weather or based on the season, but the maximum will be determined pretty quickly, and Disney will adjust their distribution based on this.

For lack of a better description, once FP+ goes resort-wide, Disney will overbook FP+, based on the expected no-show percentage. In other words, it's built into the system - it's not that it's something Disney can't compensate for to allow more people to reserve FP+.

Here is some interesting info on how attraction closures will be handled.:)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...handles-attraction-closures-with-fastpass.htm

I can just see the chaos this is going to cause. They are assuming people will just have handy access to MDE. how many less tech savvy people will be using a computer back at the room, or even booking in advance at home. Then arriving at the parks to find this out and having to locate the terminal ( not to mention likely line up for it ) to get their new, less desired, attraction...

This is scaring me more and more. I'm STILL in the wait and see court, but I admit I'm leaning more towards the doom and gloom of it...

Here is some interesting info on how attraction closures will be handled.:)

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...handles-attraction-closures-with-fastpass.htm

What if the closure happens early and your FP+ is for like 4pm? From the sounds of this article, it sounds like all FP+s for the res of the day would expire when the closure happens and you'd have the ability to schedule a different attraction.

But what happens if the original ride re-opens before the original 4pm FP+ return time? If it were me, I'd still rather ride the original ride I booked instead of something else.

Or would the FP+ expire when teh window opened and it was determined that the ride was still down? But if that, then other FP+ options could be limited...

It answers a question, but it creates a few more as well...

I think it is what will happen if the closure is during or close to your window.

But I agree...even if I have my phone, I may not even notice any notification to know that there was a problem.

I'm wondering if they will have CMs that mysteriously appear with touchpoint-equipped iPads, ready to reschedule guests...I'd love to see that in action... :)

I'm wondering if they will have CMs that mysteriously appear with touchpoint-equipped iPads, ready to reschedule guests...I'd love to see that in action... :)

FP+ Emergency Rescheduling Recovery Strike Team! :cool1:

In the interest of finding loopholes for the new FP+ system, I plant my tongue firmly in cheek, and submit the following:

Step 1: Reserve FP+ for Test Track, Soarin, and something else that Epcot has at an evening or late afternoon time.
Step 2: Just before your FP+ window is to begin on each attraction, send an accomplice (these are the people that are wearing brightly colored T-Shirts and following flags) into each attraction.
Step 3: Instruct accomplice on how to "create downtime" - not to be limited to possible body-damaging scenarios, or the use of Ipecac Syrup.
Step 4: Apply your new FP+ Gift Slot to tomorrow's visit to MK.
Step 5: Repeat for all 3 Epcot FP+ reservations, and voila! Simple!

;)

FP+ Emergency Rescheduling Recovery Strike Team! :cool1:

In the interest of finding loopholes for the new FP+ system, I plant my tongue firmly in cheek, and submit the following:

Step 1: Reserve FP+ for Test Track, Soarin, and something else that Epcot has at an evening or late afternoon time.
Step 2: Just before your FP+ window is to begin on each attraction, send an accomplice (these are the people that are wearing brightly colored T-Shirts and following flags) into each attraction.
Step 3: Instruct accomplice on how to "create downtime" - not to be limited to possible body-damaging scenarios, or the use of Ipecac Syrup.
Step 4: Apply your new FP+ Gift Slot to tomorrow's visit to MK.
Step 5: Repeat for all 3 Epcot FP+ reservations, and voila! Simple!

;)

OK, these posts both gave me a necessary giggle this afternoon! :rotfl:

Haven't read all of the pages, but what do you think the odds are of this being live by Jan 19, 2014?

Haven't read all of the pages, but what do you think the odds are of this being live by Jan 19, 2014?

I'd say pretty good odds by then. Every "official" mention always says rollout will occur "later this year".

I admit I carry my phone. It's my camera. But I'm not glued to it. Chances are, I won't notice a app notification, and I do not check emails while enjoying the parks. This seems useless to me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I admit I carry my phone. It's my camera. But I'm not glued to it. Chances are, I won't notice a app notification, and I do not check emails while enjoying the parks. This seems useless to me.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

And of course that is your choice and by not using this technology you are making the trade off of spending time walking to down attractions and lining up for other options. The best thing here I guess is that this will work for all people...imagine what the lines at the fp kiosks would be if everyone chose not to use the smartphone technology.

Liz

And of course that is your choice and by not using this technology you are making the trade off of spending time walking to down attractions and lining up for other options. The best thing here I guess is that this will work for all people...imagine what the lines at the fp kiosks would be if everyone chose not to use the smartphone technology.

Liz

I want to go to Disney a place away from work and work related reminders. For many a smartphone is one of those reminders, something they want to get away from on vacation. :cheer2:

I have been to the parks a few times recently and have found this technology less than effective. Arrived a for shows (B and the Beast for one) because my phone showed a time, yet it was down for refurb. Went for a fast pass, yet they were out (several attractions) and I often have no connection in MK (and other park areas) with my iPhone and it is useless. :rolleyes:

That said, it may be an option, but it is not reliable. :idea:

Also there are many who do not want to be caught up in the self absorbed world of immediacy and instant gratification and a smartphone is pretty important in that portion of the population. I wish they would stay away from Disney and let vacation happen! :cloud9:

signed - someone who is completely Obsessive Compulsive Disney and LOVES to plan, but also want some spontaneity in vacations :) :surfweb: :wizard: :goodvibes

I want to go to Disney a place away from work and work related reminders. For many a smartphone is one of those reminders, something they want to get away from on vacation. :cheer2:

Unfortunately that ship has sailed. Tom Staggs said they heard us guests want to interact with our technology in the parks.

I can assure you I'm not the one who told him that. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter