FP+ for last-minute trip?

GoHerbie

Mouseketeer
Today we booked a last-minute trip with our first park day 5 days from now on Thurs 12/22 (yes we're crazy). Does anyone have suggestions for booking FP+ at the last minute? Should we book now to guarantee something, or don't book anything in order to have the days wide-open for trying our luck with same-day FP+?

We're rope droppers and leave the first park around 2pm and will have park hoppers, but prefer to have the afternoon flexible so we'll book FP+ in the first park of the day. Thanks!

If you know which park you are going to be on what day, there is no harm in going ahead and doing it. We will be there next week and I haven't booked a single one. We never know what park we want to go to so we tend to do it either the night before or the morning of or when we are waiting in line for another ride. I've been looking every day and pretty much everything is available except FEA and SDMT, neither of which is a big deal to us.

I find rope dropping during late December is more effective than at any other time of year. We avoid the parks from noon until 8:00pm so I would use the fast pass on the second park of the day when the crowds swarm.

I'll answer my own question - we visited the parks on Dec 22-26. Since we only booked 5 days in advance, there weren't any advance FP+ available for the mine train, Frozen, and Toy Story, so we rushed to them at rope drop. There were enough advance FP+ available for remaining attractions that everything worked out fine.

Would this still apply in June? Probably planning a DL trip, but popping in to see if WDW is possible never using FP+ before and probably staying off site.

Would this still apply in June? Probably planning a DL trip, but popping in to see if WDW is possible never using FP+ before and probably staying off site.
When staying offsite, your linked tickets provide you with a 30-day booking window. You'll be able to book FPs for whatever is available 30 days out from each park day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter