• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ for Safari or Kali - WWYD?

FP+ for Safari or Kali River Rapis

• Safari

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • Kali

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Neither (see below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lvsdisney

DIS Veteran
We're not rope droppers, so that's off the table.

I currently have an NRJ FP+ for 10-11 am and a Safari for 11-Noon.
My 3rd FP+ is EE, which I need to keep because DS LOVES that ride, and it's got to be a guarantee. We have that for 1:30-2:30 due to lunch constraints.

For a random Wednesday in May (non-holiday) WWYD?

Would you keep the Safari FP+ and Standby Kali? Or Vice Versa? We've ridden safari on previous trips. We never got to do Kali because it was closed (trips were in January).

ETA: Thanks!

I found when we tried to do Kali, the lines weren't too bad earlier in the day but as the day got hotter, so did the lines.
https://touringplans.com/animal-kingdom/attractions/kali-river-rapids/wait-times

I also found when I had a FP+ for it, the ride was down which was converted into an anytime FP.

If it were me, I'd probably see if I can move NRJ to 11am and when you arrive at the park (assuming 10ish), do the safari first (wait times tend to also rise as time goes by but looks ok for the first 2 hours - no more than 20 min according to touringplans). After the Safari, do NRJ FP+ then have a Kali FP for 12-1 (or another suitable time) and if the ride is down, it will convert into an anytime FP (you can go on EE twice!).

I'd keep it as is. We've been twice in May. Once the weather was wonderful, the other way too cold for Kali. If you've never been on the ride, basically 2-4 people get soaked to the core, and everyone else is not too bad. We usually get an extra FP for later in the day or do standby just before we leave in case we are one of the chosen ones. Btw, there are free lockers by the ride to put anything you wish to stay dry. The stowaway on the ride definitely leaks.

I'd keep it as is. We've been twice in May. Once the weather was wonderful, the other way too cold for Kali. If you've never been on the ride, basically 2-4 people get soaked to the core, and everyone else is not too bad. We usually get an extra FP for later in the day or do standby just before we leave in case we are one of the chosen ones. Btw, there are free lockers by the ride to put anything you wish to stay dry. The stowaway on the ride definitely leaks.

Great point! The weather will be a big factor. Thanks!

My husband and I were just talking about these rides the other day and we both agreed that the Safari Fastpass is one of the most valuable fast passes in Disney because of how long and horrible the standby wait is and on the other hand Kali River Rapids Fastpass seems like one of the worst because the merge point between standby and Fastpass feels pretty soon on so it doesn't feel like it gets you very far ahead.

Definitely safari. It's more enjoyable IMO and the standby for that is too long for this girl. I'd use a 4th FP for Kali, if you need it. The wait times usually aren't too bad unless you want to ride in the middle of a very hot day.

I would FP Safari. I love Kali but always scared about FPing water rides because I want it to be nice and sunny to dry off rather than overcast and cloudy so I am wet for an uncomfortable length of time. I can then decide day of if the temperature is to my liking either waiting in line or getting it as my 4th FP.

Either one is a good choice. Kali would be a good option for that time (by the way, don't FP+ Kali in the evening- it will be a walk on- so if you're ok getting pretty wet in the evening, that's probably your best option.) The Safari is more likely to have a line throughout the whole day (it probably will go down towards the end of the day though) so that's a good option, but since you've done it before, maybe you would want to do Kali. Both are good choices.

When will you get there? Obviously you'll be there by 11 for your NRJ FP+ but if you're there around 10, at the beginning of your NRJ FP+, the line for Kali might be short enough to do before you use your FP+. (If you do that, make sure you can get to NRJ in time- you definitely don't want your FP+ to expire!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter