FP for SDD 30 days out

1andrea

DIS Veteran
We're staying offsite this year and I was wondering if it's likely to be possible do get fast passes for SDD at 30 days out?

Thanks xx

I believe you can get anything before you get there, you just gotta constantly look

I got it easy at 60 but then it was gone. I wouldn’t count on it but I wouldn’t give up. Things open up all the time esp as you get closer and people tweak plans.

Not sure, possible, we just did our's at 59 days out as we are staying onsite and there was only 1 option for us to go. We took it for 5, but not sure if this is because they are controlling the release of FP for it or that it is just so popular! Keep checking for cancellations when you are able and in the time frame.

Good luck

That's a bit depressing! We're off site too, our FP window opens in a few days time. Since we were there last, the new FP+ system has come in, and it would appear that unless you stay on site, you've no (virtually none anyway) chance of getting on Avatar Flight of Passage or the 2 new rides at DHS. I cant tell you the hundreds of times I've checked to see if anything ever seems to appear, and so far, never seen a fast pass for any of them!!!! I guess we'll just have to join the million people in the stand by line... I'm sure a 90 minute wait with our 4 yr old will be absolutely fine!!!! :rolleyes2

Totally agree! The only way we abaoided a massive wait for FOP last year was to get there half an hour before opening and wait. They huise you to different areas.

I'm not gonna lie there were so many people there I had to do my best to concentrate on staying calm as I hate being trapped. We did get on within the hour though.

I'd say a 90 minute wait is optimistic. I was expecting more along the line of 4-6 hours xx

That's a bit depressing! We're off site too, our FP window opens in a few days time. Since we were there last, the new FP+ system has come in, and it would appear that unless you stay on site, you've no (virtually none anyway) chance of getting on Avatar Flight of Passage or the 2 new rides at DHS. I cant tell you the hundreds of times I've checked to see if anything ever seems to appear, and so far, never seen a fast pass for any of them!!!! I guess we'll just have to join the million people in the stand by line... I'm sure a 90 minute wait with our 4 yr old will be absolutely fine!!!! :rolleyes2

Thanks I'm gonna need a lot of luck!! X

Not sure, possible, we just did our's at 59 days out as we are staying onsite and there was only 1 option for us to go. We took it for 5, but not sure if this is because they are controlling the release of FP for it or that it is just so popular! Keep checking for cancellations when you are able and in the time frame.

Good luck

I believe you can get anything before you get there, you just gotta constantly look

I got it easy at 60 but then it was gone. I wouldn’t count on it but I wouldn’t give up. Things open up all the time esp as you get closer and people tweak plans.

We'all just have to do rope drop and try out best! X

Think high tailing it straight there and waiting in stand by is our only option, unless a miracle happens and a fp opens up! Don't think we'll do FOP, despite our little one being tall enough, he doesn't seem to like thrill rides (our older 2 loved them when they were little!). But we'll definitely want to try the 2 new ones at DHS. Ah well...

Same for us! I'm not a big fan of tightly packed crowds rushing Xx

Think high tailing it straight there and waiting in stand by is our only option, unless a miracle happens and a fp opens up! Don't think we'll do FOP, despite our little one being tall enough, he doesn't seem to like thrill rides (our older 2 loved them when they were little!). But we'll definitely want to try the 2 new ones at DHS. Ah well...

Me neither... vowed the last time we did a rope drop 'never again', that said, we never get to the parks later than posted opening... drives my dw mad how determined I am to be there for opening! :yay:
Cant believe I'm seriously thinking about the prospect of queuing in a long line. Think the longest I've queued for many years is about 30minutes... Nothing in life is worth an hours wait in close proximity to people who haven't showered in a while in 95 degree heat!!! :sad:

Depending when you go, they have Extra Magic Hours schedule in HS for a lot of the summer. So the resort crowd gets in an hour early. Which will make a longer line when you get there.

Depending when you go, they have Extra Magic Hours schedule in HS for a lot of the summer. So the resort crowd gets in an hour early. Which will make a longer line when you get there.
Good point. We usually make it a rule to not visit a park that has had EMH in the morning that day.

That is pretty much the case for offsite visitors. Even on-site Visitors cannot get most of these rides for the first few days of their trip since it is overlapping with the previous weeks trips.

I am going the second week of July and at 60 days I had to wait for Thursday or Friday to get Slinky Dog anytime other than late in the evening when we are all tired for the day. FOP was not as bad, but Wednesday was the first day times were pretty much more readily available.

I would not touch SDD in standby. They can only load one coaster at the time so it is going to be a very slow trickle into the ride, especially in the early going.

With all the wonderful options at WDW, I'm not waiting 90 minutes for anything.

Best advice ever, I forget where I got it from years ago: Do not give any one ride, attraction, show, fastpass or anything else the power to "make" your vacation. Keep your eye on the big picture. If waiting 90 minutes-- or 4 hours-- will make your family miserable, then forego that one special ride, and spend that time enjoying yourself-- or having a snack or a swim or a nap.

Don't think we'll do FOP, despite our little one being tall enough, he doesn't seem to like thrill rides (our older 2 loved them when they were little!). But we'll definitely want to try the 2 new ones at DHS. Ah well...

My DD9 doesn't like thrill rides or rollercoasters but she does love Soarin and FOP. if your DS likes Soarin it might still be an option for you.

We are 32 days out and there are no FP's left for it. You could get lucky by refreshing the app over and over.

I didn’t get it for 60 days out, although I could of had it for 5:30 but that would of meant a lot of wasted travel time for us! We are doing the studios in the am and Epcot at night and even though we are staying at the BC it wouldn’t be too bad going back and forth.

So my plan is to wake everyone up early, they will be used to it as the day before we have a 7am flight, and then we will get to the studios we’ll before the 7am opening and *leisurly* walk to SDD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter