• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP for SDD 30 days out

I've started checking FPs at 30 days, as my window for 60 is opening soon. SDD and FoP are never there. It will be up to you whether you want to refresh a thousand times a day. Good luck, OP! Hope you get it!

With all the wonderful options at WDW, I'm not waiting 90 minutes for anything.

Best advice ever, I forget where I got it from years ago: Do not give any one ride, attraction, show, fastpass or anything else the power to "make" your vacation. Keep your eye on the big picture. If waiting 90 minutes-- or 4 hours-- will make your family miserable, then forego that one special ride, and spend that time enjoying yourself-- or having a snack or a swim or a nap.
I totally agree, for us, no ride is worth that amount of pain! :duck:

We are 32 days out and there are no FP's left for it. You could get lucky by refreshing the app over and over.
I'll start refreshing like mad on Tuesday (I think) when we hit 30 days out...

Another time to consider is a week out, when the room only reservations hit the end of their "cancel without penalty" period. In fact, from about 10 days out right on through the day you are at DHS, I would be checking frequently, as that seems to be a time for plans to be rearranged and I've been able to catch some good FP that way.

Is it feasible to book 1 night at a value and stay onsite for that day and use that as a fast pass day for 60 days out? Not sure that would work, but definitely an option. This way, you get FP+ and to experience the wonderful world of onsite vacations!... And no, this isn't a promotion or suggestion of ghosting rooms just for clarification.

I totally agree, for us, no ride is worth that amount of pain! :duck:

I'll start refreshing like mad on Tuesday (I think) when we hit 30 days out...
I usually don't have much luck refreshing until we are in the park, but couldnt hurt to try several times a day before you get there.

Is it feasible to book 1 night at a value and stay onsite for that day and use that as a fast pass day for 60 days out? Not sure that would work, but definitely an option. This way, you get FP+ and to experience the wonderful world of onsite vacations!... And no, this isn't a promotion or suggestion of ghosting rooms just for clarification.

Certainly you could book a single onsite night. But many people are not able to get the popular rides for day 60. Remember, you can only book for your check in & out days. You are much more likely to get a popular ride later in your stay, say at 60+5, for example. So staying only 1 night might not be much help.

Certainly you could book a single onsite night. But many people are not able to get the popular rides for day 60. Remember, you can only book for your check in & out days. You are much more likely to get a popular ride later in your stay, say at 60+5, for example. So staying only 1 night might not be much help.

I did think about this but it's too late now, we're 44 days out already

Even at 60 days out, I was not able to get SDD at 7am. Bummer.

It seems people staying onsite have problems at exactly 60 days you're able to book the first few days of your holiday in one hit so people are actually booking Slinky at 61, 62, 63 etc dats out. x

I cahecked this morning right at opening on 30 days out and all gone as expected x

i always book our FPs backwards - when we went in October, i did AK last so we could get a FP for FOP with no issues. I'd try booking your HS day last instead of earlier in your trip. Good Luck

It seems people staying onsite have problems at exactly 60 days you're able to book the first few days of your holiday in one hit so people are actually booking Slinky at 61, 62, 63 etc dats out. x

Sadly, this trip is a shorter one and we only have 3 park days- for all of them Slinky is gone. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that we can get a same day, or at least that we can try standby at the end of the night that isn't excruciatingly long (this approach usually works for FoP for us).

I couldn't get FOP or SDD at 60 or 60+1 days out. I've been checking many times throughout the day but haven't seen any.

I checked at 30 days yesterday and only AS2 showed up. I am planning to RD to ride it. If I can get a FP later I will ride twice, LOL

One tip is to watch for changes in park hours. It seems to me that when park hours get extended, FPs open up. For our last trip we had an afternoon FP for FoP, but when park hours were extended at AK, more FPs appeared and we were able to move our FP to a morning slot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter