• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ for shows - any testers done this yet?

TJDisneymama

DIS Veteran
I'm curious how it will work for fantasmic, illuminations, wishes, etc. Like how early do u have to showup, where are the assigned seating, etc. Anyone?

IMO illuminations and fantasmic totally not worth it. Haven't done wishes. MSEP totally worth it. Prime viewing area no wait.

I did Fantasmic because I was curious, and had a tight time frame with a dinner ADR. Got to the line about 5 minutes before the show was to start (it was right next to the normal line)to be told I had missed by FP+ window and had to join the regular line, which ended up being standing room only. Oh well- I was there at rope drop so got enough TSM for my tastes so it wasn't a big deal.

MSEP the FP+ window was 15 minutes prior to the start of the parade. The reserved area was right in front of the castle, and I got in pretty close to the start of the window and was in the 2nd row, so apparently they opened the reserved area early. I thought it was worth it to use the FP for this as it really saved a ton of time for a spot, and I was able to sit the whole time while I watched the parade, which was great. You enter the reserved area from the Tomorrowland side of the center of the hub.

Not sure about the others.

We did Wishes and Illuminations. Our show time was about 10 minutes prior.

Wishes was in the Rose Garden, Illuminations was behind the gift shop at the entrance to World Showcase.

I did feel Illuminations was worth it, as the viewing area is the best. We have seen Illuminations every year since Epcot opened and have never been able to find a place where we have a clear view of the Globe. We could actually see everything projected on it.

This is not something I would do often but a one time thing it was worth it.

We used the Fantasmic! FP+ during Christmas Week. A lot of people say that it is worthless because there is no reserved section, but we used it for the second Fantasmic!. Had we got in the standby line when we got into the FP+ line we would have probably been in sections 1 or 5, but with the FP we just kept walking until we scanned our band and went right into the theatre and we were very close to the top of section 3. It was worth it for us in that way, but I would not pick with the current tiering.

I would say depends when you are going. We are here now and it would not make a difference. The Wishes FP is in the rose garden at the side of the castle so not a straight on look. As for Fantasmic, we arrived 30 mins prior to the show and was in the section beside the FP section, the FP section was empty. I guess you can arrive after but you are only saving yourself 15 mins or so in a non busy time.

If you are coming at a high peak time then for sure, but not during low peak.

IMO illuminations and fantasmic totally not worth it. Haven't done wishes. MSEP totally worth it. Prime viewing area no wait.

Hub-Parade-WishesNoMove_122113_zps77227077.jpg

As for Fantasmic, we arrived 30 mins prior to the show and was in the section beside the FP section, the FP section was empty.

I assume you mean beside the DP (Dining Pkg.) section.

However, since your trip, there is no longer any reserved section for Fantasmic! FP+.

IMO, there is zero reason to get a FP+ for Fantasmic!.
Virtually worthless.

MSEP the FP+ window was 15 minutes prior to the start of the parade. The reserved area was right in front of the castle, and I got in pretty close to the start of the window and was in the 2nd row, so apparently they opened the reserved area early. I thought it was worth it to use the FP for this as it really saved a ton of time for a spot, and I was able to sit the whole time while I watched the parade, which was great. You enter the reserved area from the Tomorrowland side of the center of the hub.

What kind of seating do they have for the parade? And how many rows deep is it?

What kind of seating do they have for the parade? And how many rows deep is it?

No seats (except the curb.)

Kids and shorter guests stand in front of taller guests.
I've not read any complaints about blocked views.

No seats (except the curb.)

Kids and shorter guests stand in front of taller guests.
I've not read any complaints about blocked views.

Haha thanks Robo, I thought maybe they put out seats since she said she had second row and sat. I was thinking it was a great use of a fast+ if that was the case;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter