FP help for DHS morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

raraavis

Team NO Capes!
Hi everyone, my fastpass+ day is coming up on Thursday! I pretty much have a plan for all of my days but my last one. I'm planning on going to DHS on the morning of 2.12.20 (it's my only morning there but my third day at that park). That will be 60+9 for us, so I don't think I will have too much trouble getting a morning SDD FP. We plan to arrive for rope drop at DHS (no EMH listed yet) and then hop to MK around 3pm. I need help selecting FPs since everything we're doing in the morning are tier ones. I want to be able to book a 4th FP after I swipe at my 11am FP, so any suggestions for a 10am FP, or any changes to my current plan?
9:15-TSM
9:45-SDD, using 9-10 FP
10-AS2
10:50-Pixar Place meet and greet
11:05-Star Tours, using 11-12 FP
11:20-Celebrity Spotlight
11:50-Path of the Jedi
12:10-Mickey and Minnie red carpet dreams
Lunch
1:30-SW A Galaxy Far Far Away
2:10-VoLM
2:30-Meet Chewbacca
2:50-Meet Darth Vader

Last edited:
You could grab a muppet fastpass & then swipe it but not go in. Also a good show though. Also, Muppets is not too far from Star Tours so you could swipe there right before you go to that attraction.

Last edited:
You could grab a muppet fastpass & then swipe it but not go in. Also a good show though.
Thanks, that's actually what I was thinking! I love that show too, but swiping and not going in would work better for us

If you only book two at DHS, you can book one at MK as soon as you tap into your first one at DHS.

Yeah I know, but I don't exactly know when we'll get to MK. This is my first time going with a kid, so I just don't know how on schedule we'll be.

Yeah I know, but I don't exactly know when we'll get to MK. This is my first time going with a kid, so I just don't know how on schedule we'll be.

But why are you bothering to consider booking a third FP in DHS, to tap and not use?? The only reason to do this is if you want another tier 1 in the same park. Or am I misreading your plan? I thought you wanted to book your later FP in MK? If so, just book what is available after you scan in for SDD, and if you have to modify it later, no loss.

But why are you bothering to consider booking a third FP in DHS, to tap and not use?? The only reason to do this is if you want another tier 1 in the same park. Or am I misreading your plan? I thought you wanted to book your later FP in MK? If so, just book what is available after you scan in for SDD, and if you have to modify it later, no loss.
The reason I didn't want to book my 3rd FP at MK right after my SDD swipe is I really don't know what time we'll be getting to MK. I haven't been to Disney since they implemented the electronic FPs, so I just am not sure how good I'll be with the app. I guess since this day would be our 9th of our trip, I should be pretty comfortable with it 😆

So you think the best option would be to just select an MK FP after I swipe in for SDD and then just modify it throughout the day when I know my schedule a little better?

So you think the best option would be to just select an MK FP after I swipe in for SDD and then just modify it throughout the day when I know my schedule a little better?
Yes! Never waste a FP in Park#1 when you can book for Park#2.

Book a MK FP for 3:30 and you have until 4:45 to use it.

See the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky for park hopping tips.

Yes! Never waste a FP in Park#1 when you can book for Park#2.

Book a MK FP for 3:30 and you have until 4:45 to use it.

See the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky for park hopping tips.
Thanks!

I've read that darn addendum so many times, but I learn better through doing. So I think I'll continue to be confused about FPs until I get a chance to go through the process. Then once I'm a super expert with it, Disney will go and change it again lol :laughing:

You are going to be in TL, so walk through GE after SDD and the first attraction you will come to when exiting the other side of GE will be Muppet's 3D, select that as your 10 am, go up and zap it, you don't have to go into the show just use up that FP. Star Tours is basically right next to the Muppet's area. and that will put you in the area you need to be in for the rest of your attractions..
Once you use your Star Tours, you can begin to select FP's one at a time from that point forward.

You are going to be in TL, so walk through GE after SDD and the first attraction you will come to when exiting the other side of GE will be Muppet's 3D, select that as your 10 am, go up and zap it, you don't have to go into the show just use up that FP. Star Tours is basically right next to the Muppet's area. and that will put you in the area you need to be in for the rest of your attractions..
Once you use your Star Tours, you can begin to select FP's one at a time from that point forward.
I thought about doing that, but I didn't want to walk through Galaxy's Edge because I'm worried I'll get sidetracked and convince myself to blow off all my plans to ride RotR again! Plus, we probably wouldn't have time for Edna's meet and greet at Pixar Place if we walked through GE instead of going out TSL the other way. Since it's our last day in the parks, this plan might not even happen. It all depends on what attractions we still want to see or maybe want to do again, oh and how exhausted we are 😩

But they have no need to do this at all, if they only want (and book) two FP in DHS. In fact, as soon as they scan in for the first FP in DHS, they can book one at MK.

As we discussed further up in the thread, the ONLY reason to book and scan in for unwanted FP is to finish using Tier 2s to be able to book another Tier 1 in the same park. If you are hopping, there is no reason to do so.

If I have booked my three fastpasses at Hollywood Studios, one of them being a throw away tier 2 fastpass, do I have to scan in for that throw away fastpass in order to book an additional tier 1 after all my three are done. Or, can I just let the throw away tier 2 fastpass expire?

I did my FPs this morning for 2/2-2/8 and got SDD at 10:10am (the earliest) for +7, but +4 through +6 were either unavailable or in the late afternoon/evening. That darn Slinky Dog is a slippery one! I had to shuffle my park day plan based on his availability. And NO Muppets, I think everyone is on to the muppet game.

Just an update: had my fast pass day this morning, and I got SDD for 9:55 (60+9) and Star Tours for 11:20 (nothing earlier was available). I'm saving my 3rd FP for MK. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter