• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ Help

Brer Kevin

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

Have been pretty busy and out of the loop from all of the news for much of the year so was hoping that some of you could help me with some quick questions as I prepare and plan my family's upcoming Disney vacation.

Will be headed down with the family from 11/27 (Thanksgiving Day) through 12/6. We will be staying offsite and have ordered our 7-day park tickets through Undercover Tourist. Just received them in the mail yesterday and understand that we have to link them to our Disney account in order to book fastpass reservations. We do not plan on hitting up any park on Thanksgiving Day, but will instead use the first day of our tickets on 11/28, so the first day to book these reservations with our 30-day window will be next Wednesday so I want to make sure I am prepared by then.

Therein lies the following questions:

1.) Will we need to purchase magicbands in order to use FP+? If not will simply using our paper tickets at the reader be sufficient to use FP+ lines?

2.) Because we are staying offsite, will we have to go online and book FP+ reservations 30 days in advance of each park we plan to visit (ex. going to MK on 11/28 so can only book starting 10/29, then plan on going to AK on 11/29 so can only book for that park starting 10/30, etc.)?

3.) We have two in our party who are not looking to ride any thrill rides, and although I know this may be considered cheating the system, could we still use up some of their fastpass choices for re-rides? (ex. Mom and sis don't want to ride RnRC, so can we still book 4 FP+'s for the ride and have dad and brother ride twice? Or even possibly to use mom and sister's tickets to book two FP+'s at Soarin, and use dad and brother's two FP+'s at TT, but have dad and brother do all of the riding?)

Thanks for any help provided, as this is our family's first time visiting in the FP+ era!

Here are some answers as I understand them. I have been researching extensively for our trip in Dec but haven't been to WDW recently so others may have more accurate information...

1.) Will we need to purchase magicbands in order to use FP+? If not will simply using our paper tickets at the reader be sufficient to use FP+ lines?

You'll exchange the paper tickets you received for plastic cards at the park. This card works as your ticket for your entire stay and has your FP+ reservations on it. DON'T LOSE IT! Magicbands are not required for FP+ and you don't have to purchase them. However, some people find them much easier to keep organized because it's on your wrist and easy to swipe at your FP+ attractions instead of having to pull out your card each time.

2.) Because we are staying offsite, will we have to go online and book FP+ reservations 30 days in advance of each park we plan to visit (ex. going to MK on 11/28 so can only book starting 10/29, then plan on going to AK on 11/29 so can only book for that park starting 10/30, etc.)?

Yes, you'll have to sign on each 30 day to make FP+ reservations. :(

3.) We have two in our party who are not looking to ride any thrill rides, and although I know this may be considered cheating the system, could we still use up some of their fastpass choices for re-rides? (ex. Mom and sis don't want to ride RnRC, so can we still book 4 FP+'s for the ride and have dad and brother ride twice? Or even possibly to use mom and sister's tickets to book two FP+'s at Soarin, and use dad and brother's two FP+'s at TT, but have dad and brother do all of the riding?)

Yes, technically someone can use the FP+ that is reserved for someone else. It's a bit of a loophole in the system and sometimes frowned upon but no one is going to stop you. It'll be up to you to keep each person, card, and FP+ straight.

Hope that helps. Have a good trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter