• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP MDE App “Refresh” experiment today

JBeaty0507

Mouseketeer
So we haven’t been in the WDW parks in the last two years. We head out this Thursday and plan on activating our Annual Passes. I’ve been reading a lot about people getting great FP’s via just refreshing the times on the MDE App. I thought this might come in handy for our future trip and thought I’d just look at today to see if I had any luck. It worked like a charm! It took me approximately 7 minutes on the app for a FOP FP for today to show up. It took 2 minutes for a FEA FP to show up. I’m completely impressed. Good job Disers! Can’t wait to actually use this in park and actually get these FP’s!!

You just keep checking times for the specific FP you want. Each time you click a time slot, different available FP options show up. If you are on the website, you just click the reload icon

What @AngiTN said is exactly how I did it. You just go in like you're either making a new fastpass or modifying an existing one and just keep hitting the different times listed at the top. Each time the rides come back up, they list different times or sometimes different attractions. I just sat there doing that for the times stated and magically......a fastpass. The one that popped up for FOP was for 10 minutes later. Crazy!!

Please, do NOT explain. There's nothing to see here, no such thing exists... :ssst:

OK...the cat is out of the bag. Yes, others have described it well. You don't even need to keep clicking a different time slot, you can click the same one over and over. You can use it to get a new FP+ or modify an existing one. During summer trips, we use this to blow through our first 3 FP+ in an hour and then start grabbing more.

:rotfl2: I figure it's probably fine to let it out on the Disboards because most "normal" people I tell that I follow forums for Disney World think I'm absolutely insane anyways. I want to tell them that this is why I am able to do more things on my vacation than you. :cool1:

But for real, we booked our trip 2 months ago (just before the 60 day window) and we have every reservation we wanted (including a fireworks dessert party and BOG) and are prepared for the crowds. So I really appreciate everyone on these boards! I think I may have actually gotten this tip from a board that @Klayfish posted on :scratchin:scratchin:scratchin

So we haven’t been in the WDW parks in the last two years. We head out this Thursday and plan on activating our Annual Passes. I’ve been reading a lot about people getting great FP’s via just refreshing the times on the MDE App. I thought this might come in handy for our future trip and thought I’d just look at today to see if I had any luck. It worked like a charm! It took me approximately 7 minutes on the app for a FOP FP for today to show up. It took 2 minutes for a FEA FP to show up. I’m completely impressed. Good job Disers! Can’t wait to actually use this in park and actually get these FP’s!!
“Refreshing” the Disney app by modifying or searching for FP availability seems like a no brainer!

What has everyone been doing?? Did everyone think that once you chose a time you had to stick with it?

Plans change, new passes pop up.

I have a harder time remembering my password on this site, having to change it and then finding my way back to the topic I wanted to reply to, lol!!!!

I carry a savvy teenager with me on all my Disney trips. She is up to date and knows how everything works. Makes touring much easier for me.

Fingers crossed for the Magic FOP pass!

OMG, I just ran this thread by afore mentioned teen (age 16). She showed me a very simple move on her iPhone where she simply did a downward thumb motion on the screen & when the screen bounced back up it was refreshed!!!! Heeeelllllo. She says it may vary, depending on the app.

Clarification...is this tip just for same day FPs, or for future dates? I've been refreshing trying to get FOP for next week and haven't had success yet. I'll keep trying...

Clarification...is this tip just for same day FPs, or for future dates? I've been refreshing trying to get FOP for next week and haven't had success yet. I'll keep trying...

I was there December 2 to 8 and was very successful same day. Future days were harder. After Peter Pan was closed the night of MVMCP on December 5, I kept trying to get one for the morning of December 7. It took awhile but I did get one the night before.

Typically there is much more movement of FP's the evening before and the day of than there is further out (there will be some movement earlier but there's constant changes being made day of).

I tried doing the refreshing trick yesterday when we were at HS, hoping to get another TOT fast pass after our three others were completed. When availability popped up, the program wouldn’t let me select that or a TSM —- couldn’t figure out why?—-kept saying we weren’t eligible

I tried doing the refreshing trick yesterday when we were at HS, hoping to get another TOT fast pass after our three others were completed. When availability popped up, the program wouldn’t let me select that or a TSM —- couldn’t figure out why?—-kept saying we weren’t eligible
this happened to me. I just exited out of the app and went back in and it worked correctly.

Rode FOP three times in one day using this trick.

The other trick is to modify your existing FP+ to make them earlier once you knock the first one out.

We saw the "not eligible" message a few times as well when booking, for example, Toy Story again after using it as part of our original 3 FP. The message on the app indicated that we could not make a FP for the same ride twice in one day. We had a party of 10 (that all rode Toy Story previously) and it allowed all but 2 to make the FP again and made the other 2 not eligible. It wasn't consistent on how it functioned.

Rode FOP three times in one day using this trick.

The other trick is to modify your existing FP+ to make them earlier once you knock the first one out.
what?????? I need to do more research obviously...... so the general idea is ,day of, you can use your FIRST Fp of the day,and then start looking? or you need to use all 3 before you can start trying this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter