FP+ Parkhopping Clarification

Huey Louie and the Deweys

Earning My Ears
So I apologize if this was posted before but I couldn't find the specific thread if it was.

Going to the World in a couple of months and would like clarification for this FP+ strategy...for one of my days I plan on going to Animal Kingdom in the morning and I'd like to make a FP for FoP, ride FoP and then hop over to the MK or HS. Do I NEED to make all 3 of my FP+ in AK (and then let time run out or check-in for all 3 rides) before I am able to make an additional FP+ at a different park? There is a lot of conflicting information on the Interwebs regarding this.

Some people have said they can make the FoP FP+ and then make a Soarin' FP+ as soon as they check in for FoP while others say this is not possible. I called Disney and they assure me I would need to make all 3 of my FPs in the same park first before the system would even give me the option to make a FP in a different park (but different cast members say different things).

Anyways, just want to know if this is real or not as it would change my strategy a great deal.

From the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky: LINK

PARK HOPPING

Booking a FP for another park while in the first park:

(test credit to @marciemi)

When 3 FP are booked for Park #1:
You can now book FP for a different park than the one you’re in. If you have booked 3 FP for the first park, as soon as you get in the FP line for your third FP, you can then make a 4th FP, either for the same park, or for another park.

When_2 or less FP are booked for Park #1:
If you book fewer than three FP and once you scan the first FP from within the first park, you can at that point make FP selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP and then still have 2 more FP for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP between parks or booking for another park CANNOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP (not just entered the park).

So I apologize if this was posted before but I couldn't find the specific thread if it was.

Going to the World in a couple of months and would like clarification for this FP+ strategy...for one of my days I plan on going to Animal Kingdom in the morning and I'd like to make a FP for FoP, ride FoP and then hop over to the MK or HS. Do I NEED to make all 3 of my FP+ in AK (and then let time run out or check-in for all 3 rides) before I am able to make an additional FP+ at a different park? There is a lot of conflicting information on the Interwebs regarding this.

Some people have said they can make the FoP FP+ and then make a Soarin' FP+ as soon as they check in for FoP while others say this is not possible. I called Disney and they assure me I would need to make all 3 of my FPs in the same park first before the system would even give me the option to make a FP in a different park (but different cast members say different things).

Anyways, just want to know if this is real or not as it would change my strategy a great deal.
I was wondering this same thing. Thanks for asking!

From the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky: LINK

PARK HOPPING

Booking a FP for another park while in the first park:

(test credit to @marciemi)

When 3 FP are booked for Park #1:
You can now book FP for a different park than the one you’re in. If you have booked 3 FP for the first park, as soon as you get in the FP line for your third FP, you can then make a 4th FP, either for the same park, or for another park.

When_2 or less FP are booked for Park #1:
If you book fewer than three FP and once you scan the first FP from within the first park, you can at that point make FP selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP and then still have 2 more FP for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP between parks or booking for another park CANNOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP (not just entered the park).
Thanks so much! This is quite helpful.

If you book 3 FPs in say, Epcot, and use your first one and then cancel the other two, will you be able to re-book the other two in a different park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter