FP question for Epcot

dylans mommy

Mouseketeer
Hi, I am booking our FP soon. On our Epcot day I will be FP Mission Space. I can't ride it since I get really bad motion sick. Do I have to scan my band so we will be able to attempt to get a 4th pass that day or once that time is done my FP will go away? This has never been a issue for us but after our last trip I figured out I can not handle that ride. 🤢

You can just scan in, since I assume you'll be going to the ride with the rest of your party. Heck I'd scan in, wait through the queue and then just chicken exit out.

I always have this issue since there are some rides I cAnt do due to motion sickness as well. I make FPS for me also and scan in as well because otherwise it seems to create problems or be a pain. Or one of my older kids will use my MB to ride a second time and no cm has ever said anything

If no one want to use your band to ride it go scan in- you can do it as early as 5 minutes before your FP kicks in.

Last edited:

Depending on how prone you are to motion sickness, another option might be for you to ride the "less intense" green side while the others ride the "more intense" orange side. The green side doesn't spin, so it's less likely to cause motion sickness. The cast member at the entrance will ask you which you want to ride, and give you a card with the corresponding color.

I've usually just let them expire, except Soaring. That one I'd go through the room, help buckle in the kids, then exit stage right and hang out in the hallway waiting for the ride to finish. But we've also never really did the whole 'get another FP' thing. This upcoming trip will be different for us, and I might start trying to book additional FPs in the parks. From what I've seen, you can start booking as soon as you scan in and are in the FP line, so I'll probably be doing that. Scanning, in, exit stage right and book the next FP while waiting for everyone.

You can definitely just scan and walk away. I had to do that a couple of times this trip with my short 5yo when everyone else but him was riding a ride. It allowed us to make an immediate secondary FP that included him. lol.

Why not just not make one for you? Then once everybody in your party does the ride, you can look for your 3rd FP while looking for their 4th. I did this for my dad last year, that way I knew that I wouldn't have to worry about him scanning in or the FP expiring and falling off.

Why not just not make one for you? Then once everybody in your party does the ride, you can look for your 3rd FP while looking for their 4th. I did this for my dad last year, that way I knew that I wouldn't have to worry about him scanning in or the FP expiring and falling off.
If she does this she can not get a tier 1 for herself. She has to use her first 3 before she can book another tier 1.

Its been 60/40 for us letting unused FP+ expire so if your nearby and can just scan in with the rest of the party I would just to be sure. We have better luck with shows expiring without tapping in than rides so if we are booking a true "throwaway" for everyone we choose an early morning show.

Do I have to scan my band so we will be able to attempt to get a 4th pass that day or once that time is done my FP will go away?

As others have said, the system is inconsistent about whether an unused FP properly falls off of your account. If it doesn't you'll have to use another tier 2 before refreshing for tier 1s. Also, if this is your third FP of the day, you would have to wait until the end of the expiration window to try for your 4th, rather than refreshing as soon as everyone taps.

All of that is to say, unless it's a significant inconvenience to go with the rest of your party, tapping and leaving is going to set you up for a better chance of success on 4th + FPs than letting it expire will.

If it expires it doesn’t stop you from getting a 4th FP. This has worked twice in Epcot for my family.

If it expires it doesn’t stop you from getting a 4th FP. This has worked twice in Epcot for my family.
"If it expires" is the key phrase.
Sometimes they DO expire if not scanned.
But, sometimes they just "linger" in the MDX account.
"Scanning in" solves this possible issue.

"If it expires" is the key phrase.
Sometimes they DO expire if not scanned.
But, sometimes they just "linger" in the MDX account.
"Scanning in" solves this possible issue.
Even if the old FP still shows up in the app, it doesn’t limit your ability to get a new FP+. (That’s from my experience. I don’t know if someone else has had a different experience with it)

Even if the old FP still shows up in the app, it doesn’t limit your ability to get a new FP+. (That’s from my experience. I don’t know if someone else has had a different experience with it)
There has been much discussion in this regard.
That's why I was so specific.

Thank you all. I will be walking up with my family anyways so I will just scan at the entrance so I am able to hopefully get another FP. I somehow got sick on the green side so I think my best bet is to skip it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter