FP question since AK park hours changed.....

cropper

Mouseketeer
AK park scheduled to open at 9 so I made FP accordingly (some rope drop rides then start FP times at 10:00).
Now, for end of May, park opens an hour earlier, at 8:00
Curious...did FP times open for that additional morning hour??

If my June 2 & 3 dates change RD times, I doubt I can change my FP by an hour because someone already has the 9-10 time slots
Don't know if I should be bummed or not.....

Yes. I've seen 8am FP times for that week now. Didn't catch any Pandora yet. Wonder if they released extras or not.

I'm actually excited about this change because I believe that when this happens, not near as many people that were going to show up for a 9am RD show up for the 8am RD. I am curious however if you still need to plan to be there 90 min or more for RD if it's an 8am opening instead of 9.....

I'm actually excited about this change because I believe that when this happens, not near as many people that were going to show up for a 9am RD show up for the 8am RD. I am curious however if you still need to plan to be there 90 min or more for RD if it's an 8am opening instead of 9.....

yes they will show up. Yes you need to get there early. You would be surprised how many people get to 7am EMH at AK.

A lot of guests will show up for an 8 am opening. We like the earlier hours because that means that more will leave early and the lines will be even shorter in the evening.

Yes, for anyone wanting to ride FoP at rope drop, always get there at least an hour early. If it is an EMH, and hour is plenty, if it is a regular park opening an hour and fifteen is preferable.

Each time I've been the buses tend to start running around 6:30ish it seems, sometimes a bit later.

Curious...did FP times open for that additional morning hour??

If my June 2 & 3 dates change RD times, I doubt I can change my FP by an hour because someone already has the 9-10 time slots
Don't know if I should be bummed or not.....

Yes, additional FP times were released. We are at AK on our 60+1 and couldn’t get FoP. When the hours were extended, we were able to secure a 8:25 FP for FOP on June 1st.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter