FP question

Meka003

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been answered, I tried figuring it out but I want to make sure I am not confused.

SO lets say I have 1 FP booked for the day at Epcot for a tier 1 ride, if I dont book anymore FP would I be allowed to grab another tier 1 after that as my "4th" since so others were booked ? Or do I need to actually use 3 FP before being allowed to grab another tier 1 ?

Thanks

You can only book the initial bunch of 3 FP+ regardless of the ride Tier they fall into for one park/day. You can't get a 4th until you've used up all 3 of those FP+ then you add that 4th one after you've finished your third FP+, then after you finish the 4th, you can add a fifth and so on.

Only way you can do this is if you are hopping to another park. You could theoretically book a tier 1 at EPCOT and then book a tier 1 at HS next. The tier system does not transfer between parks.

Sorry if this has been answered, I tried figuring it out but I want to make sure I am not confused.

SO lets say I have 1 FP booked for the day at Epcot for a tier 1 ride, if I dont book anymore FP would I be allowed to grab another tier 1 after that as my "4th" since so others were booked ? Or do I need to actually use 3 FP before being allowed to grab another tier 1 ?

Thanks
When staying in one park, you must use all 3 FPs before trying for another Tier 1.

When hopping, after using a Tier 1 at your first park, you can immediately book a Tier 1 for Park#2 and a Tier 1 for Park#3.

From Post #8 of the FP FAQ:
A second Group 1 attraction in the same park can be scheduled only as a 4th FP or beyond. In other words, scheduling less than 3 FPs for a day in a tiered park is not a shortcut to getting a second Group 1 FP in the same park faster.

Only way you can do this is if you are hopping to another park. You could theoretically book a tier 1 at EPCOT and then book a tier 1 at HS next. The tier system does not transfer between parks.

My understanding is you cannot book FPs in 2 different parks at the 60 day mark for the same day. So they cannot book the FP in another park until they have used the FP in the first park.

My understanding is you cannot book FPs in 2 different parks at the 60 day mark for the same day. So they cannot book the FP in another park until they have used the FP in the first park.
Correct. A guest doesn’t have to have 3 pre-booked FPs if they know they’ll be hopping and booking a FP for Park#2 as soon as they enter the first FP line in Park#1.

We don’t even know if the OP is hopping.

You must use or at least make and let all 3 expire before making a second tier 1 selection at the same park.
Now if you made a tier 1 selection at Epcot and that was the only FP+ you made then as soon as you scan in for that FP+ you could look for a tier 1 at a DIFFERENT park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter