FP questions

bestjsg

Mouseketeer
I have read some reviews online that even at rope drop at DCA, there is still a 40 min lineup just to get RSR FPs, is that still the case ?

Also, in DCA, can I still get FPs for Soarin and WOC , right after I got FP for RSR ?

Kind of...people start lining up to the FP for RSR as soon as they open the turnstiles. They do not, however, let folks start to pull the FP until after the park official opens to the public. I usually end up in line somewhere a near Playhouse Disney and it can be another 25 minutes until I get to pull the FP. The line can get very long before they open the FP marchines, so I can imagine that the folks at the end of line will have to wait on the order of 45 minutes to pull their's.

Yes, RSR is disconnected from the rest of the FP system, as are the WOC FP. So you can grab a Soarin' one after getting an RSR and WOC ones.

Yes this does happen so get there really early so you can get an early spot in line. That way you are doing most of your waiting when the park is not open. Often times, we have our FP in 5 minutes (After waiting 30+ before the park opens) and then we head to TSMM and walk on (non-EMH day, of course).

thanks.

To anyone who has just came back (like this past weekend) , is this your finding also ?

oh also, how about sending someone with the tickets to get Soarin FP and another to the RSR FP line, got the Soarin FP then walk over and hand the tickets to the person at the RSR FP line, this way , we would get both FPs and probably can go on Soarin by the time we get the RSR FP.. ?

oh also, how about sending someone with the tickets to get Soarin FP and another to the RSR FP line, got the Soarin FP then walk over and hand the tickets to the person at the RSR FP line, this way , we would get both FPs and probably can go on Soarin by the time we get the RSR FP.. ?

There's almost no line in morning. Once you have your RSR FPs, you could probably head over there and be inside in 5 minutes.

thanks.

To anyone who has just came back (like this past weekend) , is this your finding also ?

We were there Aug 7- an early entry day for onsite guests but we stayed off site. So we entered at 8am and rode TSM and C-Screaming. At about 840 we made our way to get RSR FPs.... The line was at Off The Page or what ever the name of the store by Animation is. We didn't even bother getting in line. The return time was 430 and we doubted that we wouldn't even get FPs.

The next night, we lined up Single Rider for RSR during WoC and got on in 40 min.:)

We were there Aug 7- an early entry day for onsite guests but we stayed off site. So we entered at 8am and rode TSM and C-Screaming. At about 840 we made our way to get RSR FPs.... The line was at Off The Page or what ever the name of the store by Animation is. We didn't even bother getting in line. The return time was 430 and we doubted that we wouldn't even get FPs.

The next night, we lined up Single Rider for RSR during WoC and got on in 40 min.:)

thanks for your info...but wow, even on single rider still 40 mins...

We just got back from a 5 day trip. We went into DCA on Tuesday (non EE) and we all went straight to Toy Story which we walked on. As we walked past the FP area for RSR I noticed the line was very long. I came back to RSR FP at 8:30 and the line had shrunk drastically. It took 5 minutes. Totally painless. Our return time was 1:45-2:45.

We did the same thing on Thursday except I got in line for FP's at 9ish. Even less people. I wouldn't push it to far though. Our return time was 4:35-5:35. As it turned out, the ride was down when we returned so we ended up riding it at night. That was fun! Better at night I think.

It's a super cute ride and very fun, but I would never wait more than 30 minutes for it. FP is the only way, or single rider.

We were there last Wednesday (not a magic morning) park opened at 8:00, we left our hotel at 7:30 (walking) and headed to DCA we hoped in the RS FP line and were just before the Playhouse, line moves very quickly at 8:00 and we grabbed our FP's and headed at straight for TSM and had about a 10 minute wait by the time we reached it. The FP line for RS at park opening is fairly harmless and totally worth it. It is a fun ride but I can't get over how people wait an hour + for it!

Last Saturday we was chosen as family to open DCA. I had no idea about a line for fast pass but quickly figured it out. Was about 5 minutes back pretty fast. The line was real long by the time the park open. Funny thing is we didnt even need them. I got the fast pass while husband took grand kids to stand in line. Hes in a wheel chair. I was able to join them just as they was entering Radiator springs line. We stood in that line about 20 minutes till we got to the ride. We was sent to a handicap entrance and after we all boarded the 4 year old got scared so he got off with her. Then when the car came back they let him ride with the other two grand kids while I stayed with the 4 year old. Because we had a long day with lots to do we asked the kids if they wanted one more or move on. We all agreed move on. I gave the fast pass to a family with several kids who was about to enter the stand by line. I agree with momof4fans above. The ride was cute but I would NEver in a million years wait 2 hours to ride it. Almost nothing is worth that to me. That que goes on forever in the sun if lots of people in it.

Last Saturday we was chosen as family to open DCA. I had no idea about a line for fast pass but quickly figured it out. Was about 5 minutes back pretty fast. The line was real long by the time the park open. Funny thing is we didnt even need them. I got the fast pass while husband took grand kids to stand in line. Hes in a wheel chair. I was able to join them just as they was entering Radiator springs line. We stood in that line about 20 minutes till we got to the ride. We was sent to a handicap entrance and after we all boarded the 4 year old got scared so he got off with her. Then when the car came back they let him ride with the other two grand kids while I stayed with the 4 year old. Because we had a long day with lots to do we asked the kids if they wanted one more or move on. We all agreed move on. I gave the fast pass to a family with several kids who was about to enter the stand by line. I agree with momof4fans above. The ride was cute but I would NEver in a million years wait 2 hours to ride it. Almost nothing is worth that to me. That que goes on forever in the sun if lots of people in it.

My DD4 rode it once and wouldn't ride it again. She's not a thrill junky like my other 3 kids. So my husband stayed with her. As a result we had two extra FP's. My DS14 randomly gave them to two Japanese women that were headed for the 75 minute standby line. They were so happy! They gave me a brand new, really cute insulated pouch, maybe a drink cozy, from Tokyo Disneyland and kept bowing and thanking us. It was fun to make them so happy.:)

And yes, that que goes on and on and on. And it doesn't seem to move. NEVER!

thanks to all who replied .

further question re FP .but now for DLR ...

can you get FP for Space mountain , Star tour and Splash Mountain all at the same time /before using the first one first ?

thanks to all who replied .

further question re FP .but now for DLR ...

can you get FP for Space mountain , Star tour and Splash Mountain all at the same time /before using the first one first ?

As far as I know, those three FP are not disconnected from each other. They're all in the same park, so the only way you could hold all three is if two hours lapsed before the time window for the first one opened. You can pull another FP either when the time window opens or if two hours elapse, whichever is first. So, let's say you pull a FP for 3:00 pm at 9:00 am. You'd then be able to get another FP at 11:00 am. Then at 1:00 pm, you'd be able to pull a third FP. If the second FP was for after 1:00 pm, you would then be holding three FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter