FP+ Royally sucks

Well just booked our FP+'s and I have to say it was a pleasant, non-stress-full event. (Sorry Buzzin'down) I was not able to have access right at midnight, but did at 12:15! May have been a few minutes earlier even but I went to throw on the disney jammies expecting a long adventure lol. Looks like we are going to get off the road, into our hotel and then hop the train, 7DMT that is :thumbsup2
Gotta see the castle on arrival night, tradition :goodvibes so pretty excited to ride that night (hopefully it is running, but what can you do?)
Hope everyone else was able to get on glitch free~ and get their choices. :thumbsup2
Thanks again for the screen shots and for the how to itinerary..they were helpful. I wasn't even stressed heading into this. Guess some pixiedust: was out there, (or the system is actually working ;))

I must be missing something.

Full disclosure:

I'm not the most tech savy person out there. No smart phone. No data plan. No facebook, or other social media for that matter. We have an iPad, but only use it at home, or other places that have wireless.

Fairly tech free plan:

We've got our FP+'s and ADR's all booked for our end of August trip. I'll have them on a piece of paper stuffed in my pocket. I know if I want short standby waits, hit rope drop. Most of our park days include AM EMH's as well. FP's are all for late morning and early afternoon so we have a chance to ride headliners twice (rope drop and FP). Lunch early. FP's used up by 1 or 2 pm so we can (if we want) check the kiosks to get a 4th (or more).

Usually when it gets hot after lunch, we head for CofP, HofP, or other indoor non-headliners.

To me, the new system beats going up to a machine only to find out the return time is over dinner. So you settle for a FP to something else you weren't that excited about, but the return time means you can't get another FP till after dinner. Then you get back to what you really want to ride and it means miss the parade or miss the ride because the return time is now 8:30 and you know you won't get a decent viewing spot.

Well just booked our FP+'s and I have to say it was a pleasant, non-stress-full event. (Sorry Buzzin'down) I was not able to have access right at midnight, but did at 12:15! May have been a few minutes earlier even but I went to throw on the disney jammies expecting a long adventure lol. Looks like we are going to get off the road, into our hotel and then hop the train, 7DMT that is :thumbsup2
Gotta see the castle on arrival night, tradition :goodvibes so pretty excited to ride that night (hopefully it is running, but what can you do?)
Hope everyone else was able to get on glitch free~ and get their choices. :thumbsup2
Thanks again for the screen shots and for the how to itinerary..they were helpful. I wasn't even stressed heading into this. Guess some pixiedust: was out there, (or the system is actually working ;))

Don't apologize, that's great news! In theory I think the FP+ system is good/great (Offering 5 per day would make it great for me). If it functioned for everyone the way it did for you I would be praising WDW for this innovation. Hopefully within the next few months they iron out all the kinks and this system will truly be more of a convenience than source of frustration for some park goers. Enjoy your trip!

I have hit 2 issues since FP+ started.

1. was my December trip last year and we were "part of a test" and MDE said that me and DW were not friends...i said tell me something i dont know... but the CM in the MK fixed all that and it was all good from there on out
2. my current trip and the 60 days out at midnight for FP+ didnt recognize me and yes i was frustrated and yes it worked in the AM and i got everything i wanted.....

So as far as i can see it works....i like it....it could be better, i.e. no tiering, more than 3 in advance and park hop in advance but i imagine that will all be coming soon

The legacy system didn't even accomplish this- there were plenty of visitors who didn't understand it either- there is no way to create a system using technology that would fulfill this criteria

No offense (and sorry if I'm quoting an old comment), but I personally hate this thought about FP-. While yes, there is never a 'perfect' solution that every single person will understand, FP- was really just like getting a movie ticket.

Once someone did it once, or was shown how, it became pretty stinkin intuitive. Granted, there were people who really 'knew' the system and leveraged it beyond other guests, but it never excluded anyone or made riding an attraction this personally difficult.

I'm sure if you never saw a hammer before, you may fumble with it at first, but once you hit the nail, you could do it again. Instead, now someone saw you fumble the hammer and decided instead to give you the keys to a bobcat to do the same job.

Don't apologize, that's great news! In theory I think the FP+ system is good/great (Offering 5 per day would make it great for me). If it functioned for everyone the way it did for you I would be praising WDW for this innovation. Hopefully within the next few months they iron out all the kinks and this system will truly be more of a convenience than source of frustration for some park goers. Enjoy your trip!

Were you ever able to go back in and adjust your FP+ times and get what you wanted ? :confused3 (sorry if you already answered that way back... I haven't read through all the pages)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter