FP+ Stay out today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's complete garbage that anybody has to deal with this kind of stuff in the parks, even if the majority don't. One or two days of this happening is one or two more than should be. This is a vacation. There should be no worries about IT at any point. I don't care what your feelings are about FP+, we should all be able to agree this kind of stuff is not okay.

Good luck trying use a FP that you only have a screenshot for. I think that would be a pretty easy way to get 10 FPs a day.

If you only have a screenshot, consider it useless. Too easy to change and then claim you have a valid FP+.

If you only have a screenshot, consider it useless. Too easy to change and then claim you have a valid FP+.

My plan today would be to say "But think about it...... I couldn't change that FP today if I wanted to!" :p

I think it's complete garbage that anybody has to deal with this kind of stuff in the parks, even if the majority don't. One or two days of this happening is one or two more than should be. This is a vacation. There should be no worries about IT at any point. I don't care what your feelings are about FP+, we should all be able to agree this kind of stuff is not okay.

:thumbsup2

Wanna bet whether they are taking opinion surveys in the parks today? :rotfl:

:rotfl2: Uh ..... :rotfl:

I think the folks in the parks have been labeled "acceptable losses" or "collateral damage" today.

VERY poor show, Disney.

I have to admit, when the news of the 4th FP's working out so well hit the boards a few days ago, I felt a glimmer of hope, immediately followed by a a twang of guilt for being happy about it, because although I am better off than I would have been a week ago (in theory anyway), those people who paid the going rate for their trips with all the restrictions got nothing back for it. Nothing. You just can't not feel for them. And it's really not fair.

Just one anecdote I know, but....

Last month we had a FP for MSEP. Got there, for whatever reason the bands weren't showing when scanned. My wife pulled up the screenshot she saved on the phone, they let us all in. Yes, you probably can't 100% count on it, but I'll still bring it as a backup, especially for hard things to get like parades, 7DMT, and A&E.

One or two days of this happening is one or two more than should be. This is a vacation. There should be no worries about IT at any point.

I agree. I've said this before, but when the same problems are recurring continuously for months on end it is not just a case of "occasionally things go wrong." Nowhere is it acceptable for the paying guest/customer to take on the problem of the paid supplier/service provider. Ever.

My plan today would be to say "But think about it...... I couldn't change that FP today if I wanted to!" :p

Can I borrow you for our trip in case I need a quick, brilliant response to any comments? ;) You'd be worth the additional park ticket. Hopping included!

Can someone please post this on the I love FP+ threads so the rest of us who say this system is a piece of junk dont get labeled naysayers and jerks all the time?

There is no reason for any of this...heads should be rolling in Disney IT today.

Here now and the computer systems are a mess. We have been told that the bad weather is causing problems. There were even some issues at Mama Melrose trying to pay with wrist bands. Tomorrow is supposed to be raining too...bummer. :(

Can I borrow you for our trip in case I need a quick, brilliant response to any comments? ;) You'd be worth the additional park ticket. Hopping included!

I could be talked into it. Will you carry my camera gear? :teeth:

Here now and the computer systems are a mess. We have been told that the bad weather is causing problems. There were even some issues at Mama Melrose trying to pay with wrist bands. Tomorrow is supposed to be raining too...bummer. :(

SERIOUSLY? :rotfl:

I'm sensing a cover-up in the works. :lmao:

Can someone please post this on the I love FP+ threads so the rest of us who say this system is a piece of junk dont get labeled naysayers and jerks all the time?

There is no reason for any of this...heads should be rolling in Disney IT today.

I may be alone here, but I feel no need whatsoever to try and persuade those who like it to dislike it. I think you have to have blinkers on to believe that there are no issues. If others are that laid back that they find these problems don't affect their vacation negatively in any way, then kudos to them. Clearly we share a similar view of FP+ in its current state. We are not as small a minority as others may have us believe ;)

:rotfl2: Uh ..... :rotfl:

I have to admit, when the news of the 4th FP's working out so well hit the boards a few days ago, I felt a glimmer of hope, immediately followed by a a twang of guilt for being happy about it, because although I am better off than I would have been a week ago (in theory anyway), those people who paid the going rate for their trips with all the restrictions got nothing back for it. Nothing. You just can't not feel for them. And it's really not fair.

I'm glad that I decided last fall that FP+ was too uncertain and planned only one day of our spring break vacation to be at Disney. But I totally feel for everyone who planned a trip of a lifetime or any pricy Disney-focused trip during these seemingly endless transition months. Not to mention today, when the system crashed. It's easy for people who go all the time to shrug and say that Disney will get it all worked out eventually.

Hater!!!!! :laughing:

I am in the park and it is a complete mess. It doesn't recognize my account, says I have no ticket media, but when I try to add my AP, it says that is associated with an different account. Hating FP+ today.

But the other day it was the greatest thing ever

borat-thumbs-up.jpg

I may be alone here, but I feel no need whatsoever to try and persuade those who like it to dislike it. I think you have to have blinkers on to believe that there are no issues. If others are that laid back that they find these problems don't affect their vacation negatively in any way, then kudos to them. Clearly we share a similar view of FP+ in its current state. We are not as small a minority as others may have us believe ;)

Then there are people like me, who just haven't used it yet, so I'm not going to be down on it.

Yes, today is super bad, but I'm just not going to act like I'm surprised that a site crashed when something so huge is released. It happens. It would suck to have it happen on vacation, I agree.

MDE - what can I say? I've booked my trips and ADRs and have had no problems at all. I can just keep my fingers crossed it stays that way.

I see no need to rain on others parades, if they like it, are having a good time or whatever, good for them! :)

I know my computer system always crashes when it rains. :rolleyes1

Good lord, if that is seriously what they are telling CM's to tell people, well, I'll keep the rest to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter