FP TIER changes at DHS as of August 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it only start Aug 29th. My trip is the 24 to 31st and I was hoping to get HS done early in the week. Like before GE opens :)

Honestly the day GE opens might be the best HS day all year after getting through the door. Everyone will only focus on Star Wars leaving the rest of the park open most of the morning possibly. On the flip side a ton of others may purposely skip it opening day actually sending a larger amount of people to the other parks.

This is just a random guess though.

So clearly we will need to rope drop and not waste our FPs there. Talk about frustrating!
Also remember though that at least for the first couple of months there will be EEMH so rope drop will be very early. If you're showing up at normal park open then it will probably already be busy so you'll want FP's.

My new HS touring strategy will be SDD at 9AM, once I tap that add Muppets immediately, go tap that, add little Mermaid, go tap that, then start adding tier 1 rides the rest of the morning.

Good plan on the tapping out!

One thing though, the earliest Muppets FP is usually 10AM. Aside from Star Tours, I think the only other tier 2’s (on the new list) to offer a FP in the 9 o’clock hour will be Little Mermaid and Disney Junior Dance Party.

Biggest question I have is do they plan to have all elevators working at ToT by then?

We just left and it's really rotten now
One EMH morning both ToT and SDD were down until well after park opened regular hours. Plus ToT went down during our DAH. With only half the ride working FP are impossible now.

Sounds reasonable. Rock n roller we never fast pass as we use single rider. Never more than 30 min wait. But obviously Star Wars attractions and TOT will be tier one. We will get that one (tot)later in day like always.

Honestly the day GE opens might be the best HS day all year after getting through the door. Everyone will only focus on Star Wars leaving the rest of the park open most of the morning possibly. On the flip side a ton of others may purposely skip it opening day actually sending a larger amount of people to the other parks.

This is just a random guess though.
Touring Plans doesn't seem to agree
They've lowered crowd prediction to 1's and 2's for most of the rest of the parks opening week

This is a terrible change. I'm so glad my trip is before this happens. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Touring Plans doesn't seem to agree
They've lowered crowd prediction to 1's and 2's for most of the rest of the parks opening week
As someone who just got back from the SWGE opening at Disneyland, I can tell you that the rest of the park was empty. This is probably more of a reflection of the reservation system used, but we rode almost all of the rides in California Adventure by 9 AM on May 31st. Our reservations at SWGE were at 8 PM so we basically had most of park until noon when the first group let out...

One. One ride in the entire park that’s not Tier 1. If anything, I figured they’d lift the tiers just to incentivize people to get out of SWGE. If I was going to have to stand in line regardless of where I am at DHS, might as well stay in the new land (or at least the line to get into it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter