FP TIER changes at DHS as of August 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fastpass window opened yesterday morning, and for confirmation of the tiers, for Aug 28, I was able to book the current tier structure for DHS. On my next DHS day of Sept 1, the new structure was in place. So I was able to get TSM, RnRC and TOT on Aug 28, but on Sept 1, I could only chose one of those. On Sept 1, Star Tours was in tier 2.

My fastpass window opened yesterday morning, and for confirmation of the tiers, for Aug 28, I was able to book the current tier structure for DHS. On my next DHS day of Sept 1, the new structure was in place. So I was able to get TSM, RnRC and TOT on Aug 28, but on Sept 1, I could only chose one of those. On Sept 1, Star Tours was in tier 2.

Was Slinky as hard to get on your Sept 1 day as it’s been before the new tiering?

I worry it is not a good strategy to burn 2 of 3 FPs. If it is as crowded as I fear it will be, there my be nothing in tier 1 left as a 4th FP and the tier 2 May be hard to get unto as well.

I am really regretting not getting park hoppers. We never used them on our first trip, so skipped them for our second trip. Now it seems they could have come in handy this time around...

I am really regretting not getting park hoppers. We never used them on our first trip, so skipped them for our second trip. Now it seems they could have come in handy this time around...
Hey, you can always upgrade while you're there. Not that big a deal, although it's not free. I always get hoppers when I don't have an AP. I like having the freedom.

You can upgrade to a Park Hopper in the My Disney Experience app or at any guest services counter.
That's good info. I currently have 1 per day park tickets -playing with the idea of hoppers but figure we could buy them if we decide to hop.

Hey, you can always upgrade while you're there. Not that big a deal, although it's not free. I always get hoppers when I don't have an AP. I like having the freedom.
You can upgrade to a Park Hopper in the My Disney Experience app or at any guest services counter.

I had no idea! We didn't use them at all, and we do the park all day, so we don't take breaks and come back/go to a different park and I wanted to save the $500. But I'll keep this in my back pocket depending on how reports go leading up to our trip in December. Thank you! We're offsite, and this trip is for my Star Wars loving boy's birthday, so I'm slightly (totally) desperate for any advantage I can get.

I worry it is not a good strategy to burn 2 of 3 FPs. If it is as crowded as I fear it will be, there my be nothing in tier 1 left as a 4th FP and the tier 2 May be hard to get unto as well.

This is my thoughts as well. If the assumption of the crowd level being crazy high I would not plan on getting a second tier one fast pass. My guess is maybe ToT but even that I bet will be pushing it since I'd imagine many are in the same boat.

We aren't going until end of Jan 2020 so wishful thinking it'll change back by then but if it doesn't we are going to likely use our 1 FP and park hop somewhere else for the rest of the day. I have pretty young kids to being able to plan the day is crucial, so having to spend the day in shows or burning FPs just to hope we can get another tier 1 may not be in the cards for us.

Thankfully I still have a lot of time to watch how it plays out.

This is my thoughts as well. If the assumption of the crowd level being crazy high I would not plan on getting a second tier one fast pass. My guess is maybe ToT but even that I bet will be pushing it since I'd imagine many are in the same boat.

We aren't going until end of Jan 2020 so wishful thinking it'll change back by then but if it doesn't we are going to likely use our 1 FP and park hop somewhere else for the rest of the day. I have pretty young kids to being able to plan the day is crucial, so having to spend the day in shows or burning FPs just to hope we can get another tier 1 may not be in the cards for us.

Thankfully I still have a lot of time to watch how it plays out.
Disney doesn’t release FP numbers, but extrapolating from operational ride capacity and the rule of thumb that 80% of capacity goes to FastPass, There are roughly 65,000 Fastpasses for the new Tier 1 per day for a 13 hour day. Average DHS attendance was 31,000 last year.

Burning 2 is absolutely the right play as you’ll get a jump on getting the 2nd tier 1 and have a good chance at a 3rd and maybe a 4th before others get through their initial 3.

My FP day isn't until 9/25, but I am already struggling with HS on the day we hop. We want to split the day with MK.

I'm thinking it would be best to book only ToT for the morning and then book more for MK after. I just worry that there will be slim pickins during such a busy week. Maybe we should RD ToT and have FP already in place for MK.

What to do?????

Can somebody please explain how the Fast Pass is working now? Very confused and going Nov. 23-Dec.1 so I'd like to figure out my plans before it is time to book Fast passes. Thank you

Can somebody please explain how the Fast Pass is working now? Very confused and going Nov. 23-Dec.1 so I'd like to figure out my plans before it is time to book Fast passes. Thank you
There was just a change in which rides are in which tier. That information is in this thread. No other changes to FastPass.

There was just a change in which rides are in which tier. That information is in this thread. No other changes to FastPass.
I saw that, but are the only changes for DHS? Also, some have been saying they may just book one tier 1 fast pass at DHS, and then park hop and use the rest at a different park. Last I understood, you had to make all fast passes in one park.

My FP day isn't until 9/25, but I am already struggling with HS on the day we hop. We want to split the day with MK.

I'm thinking it would be best to book only ToT for the morning and then book more for MK after. I just worry that there will be slim pickins during such a busy week. Maybe we should RD ToT and have FP already in place for MK.

What to do?????

We are doing EMH at DHS, then heading to MK in the afternoon. I didn't book anything for DHS, used my FP's for MK instead.

I saw that, but are the only changes for DHS? Also, some have been saying they may just book one tier 1 fast pass at DHS, and then park hop and use the rest at a different park. Last I understood, you had to make all fast passes in one park.
Yes only at DHS. When you book in advance you can only book at one park. You can book a tier one at DHS (just one) and then park hop somewhere else later.

We are doing EMH at DHS, then heading to MK in the afternoon. I didn't book anything for DHS, used my FP's for MK instead.

The EEMH stops on 11/2 and we will be there 11/27 and 11/29. It would be extremely helpful if they extend the EEMH!

The EEMH stops on 11/2 and we will be there 11/27 and 11/29. It would be extremely helpful if they extend the EEMH!
I can’t imagine they won’t have some kind of daily additional EMH for DHS after 11/2. It may not be 3 hours nor on top of other EMH at other parks on a daily basis, but it’s hard to imagine them not having it most days at DHS through the holidays.

I can’t imagine they won’t have some kind of daily additional EMH for DHS after 11/2. It may not be 3 hours nor on top of other EMH at other parks on a daily basis, but it’s hard to imagine them not having it most days at DHS through the holidays.

It is hard to imagine, but many things they do don't make sense at all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter