FP weirdness for March at DHS

Have been experiencing this myself - thankfully so far with just one FP for TSM I had moved to early morning once the new opening hours were announced for March.

MDX has rescheduled it at least 5 separate times over the last day - every time I have been able to go back and get around the 8:30-8:45am time I wanted.

As of 3 hours ago, I now also have a multi-experience FP added as a 4th option that day. Not sure if that will ultimately stay on or not but we willl gladly take it if so!

Always an adventure planning a WDW trip but this is an entirely new wrinkle. :oops::-)

We were affected by this but looks like everything has settled out now. We were given anytime FP for our canceled 8AM hour TSMM, for any tier 2 rides including Fantasmic. I noticed just now when trying to change a time of another FP that the only things unavailable on 3/5 now are the 3 tier 1 rides plus Fantasmic. It’s weird that Fantasmic is gone this early, correct? Could it be they blocked any further FP for that since they had to (presumably) give out so many anytime FP for that day in the madness?

My moved 8:05 TSMM on 3/13 hasn't been corrected yet. Maybe they're going day by day to get things fixed. I'll give them until the end of the day before I call and complain.

My moved 8:05 TSMM on 3/13 hasn't been corrected yet. Maybe they're going day by day to get things fixed. I'll give them until the end of the day before I call and complain.
Same here. I actually had 2 tsmm one had been moved back to 8am after being moved 3 times. Now it’s an anytime. However the one that was moved to 8PM is still the same and it’s two days before.
side note. My 7dmt ended up with an anytime for just 7dmt.

After over 24 hours of peace they've changed my ToT FP for March 4 into an anytime one (but just for ToT, which is cool with me). But my beautifully arranged 9-10-11 FP schedule is over and I'm stuck with a Muppets for 12:05. Gonna be a fun month of refreshing!

Happened to us on 3/6 too. Luckily kept our 10:15 SDD and we now each have 2 anytime tier 2 FPs. Here's my question, looks like it will let me book 2 more tier 2 FPs now for each of us. Will I be able to book a 4th FP (not tier restricted) the day we're there after using our SDD and 2 anytime ones or do I HAVE to book 2 more so we use 3 booked FPs?

Last edited:
Happened to us on 3/6 too. Luckily kept our 10:15 SDD and we now each have 2 anytime tier 2 FPs. Here's my question, looks like it will let me book 2 more FPs now for each of us. Will I be able to book a 4th FP (not tier restricted) the day we're there after using our SDD and 2 anytime ones or do I HAVE to book 2 more so we use 3 booked FPs?
I think that the way the multi experience FPS work is that they don’t count, meaning that you still need to use your 3 regular fast passes before you can book a 4th fp.

So I have to make 2 more FPs then? What if I never noticed that the others got converted to anytime FPs. I wouldn't know I had to book 2 more. Not complaining about basically getting 2 extra tier 2 fastpasses at all but it seems weird I have to book more to be able to use up my 3 and try for a tier 1 again that day

I think that the way the multi experience FPS work is that they don’t count, meaning that you still need to use your 3 regular fast passes before you can book a 4th fp.
When we went. I think I remember our SDD fastpass converting to a multiple experience pass b/c it wasn't working when it was time to redeem. That in turn let us choose another tier one. So we chose Toy story mania.

Same thing on our AK day. Everest wasn't working when it was time to redeem and changed to multiple experience. SO I chose another tier 2, the Safari ride. So we ended up having 4 fastpasses.

Might be a dumb question but since I have now 3 Anytime FP+s on 3/6 at DHS, can I choose my daily 3 FP+s at another park for that day? Then use my Anytime FPS at Studios later in the day?

Might be a dumb question but since I have now 3 Anytime FP+s on 3/6 at DHS, can I choose my daily 3 FP+s at another park for that day? Then use my Anytime FPS at Studios later in the day?
While in theory this would be true, we still do not know if Disney is going to do anything about this. Based on reading this, an insane amount of people have 2,3,4,5 and even 6+ Anytime fastpasses for the first weeks of March. While I think they can't remove them all (we need something for the inconvenience, it is possible they can limit it to 1 per person. Who knows? This is uncharted territory.

I've had a lot of anytimes at one time across 3 parks (thank you rain storm) and while it is different than the current situation they had no impact on what I could book through regular FP's and still maintain all the anytimes. Just added this to show it can be done though it is true that you never know what Disney IT will do/screw up.

Screenshot_20200209-202953_Samsung Internet.jpg

Since I never had one of those multi-experience FPs on my account - how do they actually work? I mean when I go scan at the entrance of a ride, will MDE be so smart as to first check if I have a booked FP for that ride at that time and if I don't use the multi-experience FP? I don't want to lose it by accidentally being used for a ride I actually have a FP for for the time I scan the band. Or should I just play it smart and use that FP at the attraction I want to use it at before my regular FPs come up?

Since I never had one of those multi-experience FPs on my account - how do they actually work? I mean when I go scan at the entrance of a ride, will MDE be so smart as to first check if I have a booked FP for that ride at that time and if I don't use the multi-experience FP? I don't want to lose it by accidentally being used for a ride I actually have a FP for for the time I scan the band. Or should I just play it smart and use that FP at the attraction I want to use it at before my regular FPs come up?
The best way to avoid accidentally using an anytime is to not tap in to a regular FP during the standard grace period. So 5 min before and 15 min after the scheduled hour. Using it within the actual hour window will use the regular FP. Outside of that hour, you risk it using the anytime.

An observation: I have not seen any FP+ for times before noon on any of my dates March 4 - March 8 (even for low tier 2s). While I know these times generally fill up first, I'm wondering if they have been intentionally restricted at this point to allow for the abundance of Anytime passes to trickle through. Also have seen not a single tier 1s even with a lot of refreshing.

An observation: I have not seen any FP+ for times before noon on any of my dates March 4 - March 8 (even for low tier 2s). While I know these times generally fill up first, I'm wondering if they have been intentionally restricted at this point to allow for the abundance of Anytime passes to trickle through. Also have seen not a single tier 1s even with a lot of refreshing.
I tend to agree that since the period when FPs were taken out of circulation for a day or so that at least the tier 1s have been removed from the system while they fix whatever glitch occurred. Of course, they could drop back in at any minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter