FP + What we know and what we want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now my feelings are hurt, :sad: we never, ever had that happen.

Dry your tears.

If you want to head out to California, you still have a chance for the CM's to give you the word at DL/DCA.

However, many, many people were never told that by Disney cast members. They used the system as it was described in all official brochures, on the website and even on the back of the ticket.

I have been going multiple times every year for over 30 years and every year since Fastpass began, not once did a CM volunteer that info to anyone in our group. Had I not read about it on here, I would have never known.

I am curious when you got your Fastpass did they just come up to you and say "oh by the way, you don't have to really come back at the time it says", or did they tell you that when you asked if you could come back late. :confused3

But as you said, it does not matter, or actually it did matter to Disney because they stopped it.

I actually learned that I could use FP any time after the return time from a CM--not from Disboards. We were a few minutes late and I was explaining/apologizing to the CM that we got stuck somewhere when he nicely interrupted and told me that it wasn't a problem and that they would accept a FP any time after the initial return. That was awhile ago though.

Just in case Lugnut comes back and drops another hot topic - and this one gets maxed, I started a second thread. Maybe we can leave the talk of unwashed hands on these pages. :sick:

:) I don't know if I did the switch over correctly? hopefully. I saved the second post for updates.

FP+ What we know and what we want to know Part II

That "what we want to know" sounds so .... uh...innocent? :)

Me? What did I do?

I'm just upset this will never happen again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e79SuHotazs

:rotfl:

Unless of course I can buy up 17 fastpasses.

Yes.

In so many words, yes.

Often it was loudly announced to groups of guests getting FP's.

In the past we have been given FP's from CM's for various rides as some surprise "pixie dust". Our last trip a CM gave us a FP for RnRC at HS when we were purchasing something in a store The FP had "expired" and but she told us that we could use it anytime.

If you paid the $5 and had them sent to you, you get actual cards with both regular ticket codes and barcodes. Mine is associated with my account currently. It is not an activated AP, so it remains to be seen what it gets me.

I have heard of someone being able to call and get the ticket codes over the phone...don't know how easy that is.

It's $25 for our tickets to be sent out to us! I know that it's only $25 and compared to what we are already spending on a the trip but it's not the point. :( Also it does NOT cost Disney $25 to send me a letter/package, they are taking a cut from the "postage"

Don't understand your continued need to be rude in your arguments. My experience visiting Disney quite frequently over the years was to be told repeatedly by many different CMs that we were perfectly welcome to use our FP late but not early. It wasn't because we were part of some secret club and knew the secret special handshake. It was just the way FP worked and was part of their policy in practice. Evidently, this bothers you for some reason but since its really not applicable anymore it's time to move on.

:thumbsup2

I have found that people need to be rude when they actually don't have a valid argument. They use rudeness and harassment to try and get people to back off and back down. :confused3

I have been told on many occasions by CM's that is was fine to use the FP's to return anytime after the time stamped on the ticket. This was NOT what was bothering Disney, no matter what people who claim they are "in the know" keep saying. FP "abuse" isn't why they have created this new system.

That was NEVER the actual policy. Many employees also do not wash their hands before returning to work - that does not make it the official policy.

Despite it not being written in a manual, I've been told by literally dozens and dozens of CM's during past trips that I do NOT have to return during the time stated on the FP. As far as I'm concerned that WAS Disney's official stance because you're not talking about a single CM. Also before the enforcement time started, when I returned hours after the time "expired" I'd never had a single CM stop me from trying to enter the FP style.

I actually learned that I could use FP any time after the return time from a CM--not from Disboards. We were a few minutes late and I was explaining/apologizing to the CM that we got stuck somewhere when he nicely interrupted and told me that it wasn't a problem and that they would accept a FP any time after the initial return. That was awhile ago though.

Now this I can definitely see happening, I just got the impression that some believe that everyone knew that you "could" come back late and I know many did not know this, myself included until it was discussed here.

Now this I can definitely see happening, I just got the impression that some believe that everyone knew that you "could" come back late and I know many did not know this, myself included until it was discussed here.

Yup, we've experienced CM's making raised-voice announcements at the entrance of TSMM, that FP's were good until the end of the day, anytime after the return time. And, when this CM was making these announcements, a manager was standing right next to him, so it certainly wasn't a case of a rogue CM (like some have suggested in the past) giving out rebel advice. ;)

There is even a printed poster (Disney printed media) that has been posted here in the past that spells out that FP is ok to use anytime beyond the return time. Folks would then point out that this isn't necessarily "policy", it's "guest recovery"........ lolololol. Well guess what, if you can call a duck a "mallard", "bird", "fowl", or a duck, it's still nothing but a "duck"! :thumbsup2

But, you're right, many guests didn't know you could use FP beyond the "window". Heck, there were guests that didn't know they could use FP, and thought it was a pay-for-use option (I've witnessed people saying this at MK). I bet there were(are) even guests who don't know what FP is.

I think there is nothing wrong with people now or in the past taking advantage of the FP system to the fullest extent that Disney allows with a few exceptions.....

Disney frankly helped create the monster they now seem to be complaining about now and trying to fix.

Respectfully, I've been trying to follow your logic with respect to FP and FP+, and you are all over the place, and very inconsistant.

You say there is nothing wrong with people using the old system to the fullest, but you do in fact have a problem with just that.

You say Disney is fixing a problem, but if it were an issue, spending this kind of money to fix it makes absolutely no sense, there is obviously something else completely unrelated to what you percieve to be going on. There is no problem to fix, they are looking to generate more revenue. There is no coincidental "fix" to a problem if a problem didn't exist.

:thumbsup2

I have found that people need to be rude when they actually don't have a valid argument. They use rudeness and harassment to try and get people to back off and back down. :confused3

I have been told on many occasions by CM's that is was fine to use the FP's to return anytime after the time stamped on the ticket. This was NOT what was bothering Disney, no matter what people who claim they are "in the know" keep saying. FP "abuse" isn't why they have created this new system.

:thumbsup2 We were told this many times too by many CM's. No asking if we could come back late. They just offered the info. I agree. The "abuse" is not the reason for the new system.

Respectfully, I've been trying to follow your logic with respect to FP and FP+, and you are all over the place, and very inconsistant.

You say there is nothing wrong with people using the old system to the fullest, but you do in fact have a problem with just that.

You say Disney is fixing a problem, but if it were an issue, spending this kind of money to fix it makes absolutely no sense, there is obviously something else completely unrelated to what you percieve to be going on. There is no problem to fix, they are looking to generate more revenue. There is no coincidental "fix" to a problem if a problem didn't exist.

Yes, you are right. I didn't have a problem with people using FPs to their fullest within what Disney allowed with a few exceptions that i laid out previously. I dont have a problem with people using their FPs past the window pre-enforcement days because that is what Disney allowed to happen as a guest recovery procedure.

I just question how well known was this and I am very suspicious of all these people conveniently claiming a CM told them they could use their FP past their FP times to try and bolster their position while people like Sammie on this thread never was told in all the trips they have been on. But, its a moot point now because of enforcement.

AND again, I never said Disney spent a billion dollars just to address the FP program. People want to keep trying to extrapolate that from my words but you will not find me saying it.

IF you go back and carefully read what I said, I said that the FP changes were part of a larger initiative, namely MyMagic+ program. And you are right, the bottom line is to generate more revenue. I have said as much before.

However, if FP wasnt a problem in any way then why did Disney even change it? Why didnt they leave the current FP system in place and not roll out FP+? They could have rolled out the rest of the My Magic + program and not include FPs at all.

Lastly, it is funny if I would have brought up the old FP arguments surrounding FP enforcement, the doom and gloomers would have been out en masse telling me to let it go but yet they are silent when people are bashing the other side of the argument. Very telling indeed.

:thumbsup2 We were told this many times too by many CM's. No asking if we could come back late. They just offered the info. I agree. The "abuse" is not the reason for the new system.

Where have you seen that FP "abuse" was the reason for the new system?

Nice strawman you are building there....

I was just thinking about this while getting caught up...

How many "problems" have been cited as the reason FP+ was created?

- FP "angels" giving away their Fastpasses...well, it doesn't cost a billion dollars to have scanners at the FP returns to verify the owners

- Late FP users...well, it doesn't cost a billion dollars...oh, wait...they fixed that one already. And it didn't cost anything but some thickened skin for the frontline CMs...

- Repeat FP "uberusers" - it doesn't cost a billion dollars to change it so that any given ticket can only get 1 or 2 FPs at any given attraction, just some programming, and maybe a slightly larger database.

- Rope-droppers...it doesn't cost a billion dollars to restrict FPs in the morning to spread them out more. Make the exclusion time two hours no matter what.

So, why do they spend a billion dollars? To make more than that back.

And funny, Disney has admitted that's the reason they did it. Not to fix any perceived problem.
I don't believe that anyone is taking the position that the company spent a billion dollars just to keep a few of us from riding TSMM five times per day.

Instead, I believe that they were building the nextgen/mymagic+/magic band system to do many things that tend to serve the bottom line. The development of nextgen allowed them to also fix some things that weren't quite right, but never really rose to the importance of deserving their own big change. One of these was FPs.

FP supposedly wasn't working in practice the same way that it was conceived. The few tweaks that were made over the years never really got it to where it was conceived to be. Rolling it into nextgen allows a more sweeping change to be made that might allow it to be 'fixed' once and for all.

Of course, this is all just speculation.

...it is no coincidence that the FP+ system will stop most of the abuse.

...they may have want to address areas of the FP program but just didnt see a viable solution at the time.

....address issues within the FP program but they did address those in the process of rolling out the total program. And that was no coincidence.

Where have you seen that FP "abuse" was the reason for the new system?

Nice strawman you are building there....

Just a few samples of your assertions that FP abuse was, in your opinion, a reason for the change.

And, yes, you have made it clear it's not the only reason, but the way you go on repeatedly about "abuse", suggests you feel the "abuse" had a bigger role in the decision to make the change.

There is an underlying reason for the change, FP "abuse" has nothing to do with it, imo. Has Disneyland changed their FP policy yet? If not, why?

FP supposedly wasn't working in practice the same way that it was conceived.

Says who? Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen anything that suggests Disney is addressing anything for this reason. :confused3

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter