Frame for pins

Dano1182

DIS Veteran
can any one advise a decent over the counter frame I can put DVC pins in to display?
We are doing spring cleaning and have found pins all over the place !
And would like to organize them.

Wondering about this myself, as I have a dozen limited edition pins I'd like in a frame instead of a plastic bag on the shelf.

I purchased a black shadow box frame. (I think it was from Michaels). The backing was black cloth over foam core. I just push the pins into the foam core. Each of my DSs has one and we have one with our pins.

can any one advise a decent over the counter frame I can put DVC pins in to display?
We are doing spring cleaning and have found pins all over the place !
And would like to organize them.

Hey there!!
I would recommend the cork boards at Target - they also sell a variety of styles and sizes (attached is an image of two of my boards)
As well michaels and art supply stores sell shadow boxes for a more sleek look to hang on your wall. (The left board in the image is actually a shadow box) if you find a shadow box you like but it has nothing to stick pins into you can also get the cork separate at the art stores and cut it to the size you need :)

Attachments

• FFE01D2E-DA7E-4A6F-AEE7-F3BCC48B7134.jpeg
    FFE01D2E-DA7E-4A6F-AEE7-F3BCC48B7134.jpeg
    566 KB · Views: 59
Go to a Hobby Lobby or Michaels with your pins. Go to framing department & ask them what/how they would do it. You could ask how much it would cost for them to do it. It can be expensive but if you use the coupons that both Hobby Lobby & Michaels have out there, it can be a significant savings. Otherwise, take some tips from what they suggested & do it yourself.

I have a large collection of pins and I bought several black shadow box frames, all different sizes. I bought corkboard to fit the shadowbox. I put the pins in the corkboard and then was still able to put the backing on the shadowbox. I bought all of the supplies at Joann and Michael's. They came out looking really good and anytime I want I can take the back off, add more or switch them out.

I just read a suggestion to use an art canvas and stick the pins into the canvas. Sounds perfect! My DD loves to paint and generally has a small supply of small canvases. Going to suggest she paint something Disney themed and then use that to display her pins.

I have tried the shadow boxes withe the cork. They came out great. I am in the process of testing the canvas as well. I bought Cricut Disney paper from Michaels's to glue on the canvas (Toy Story) to give it a bit of pizzazz. I will use these to display my Toy Story pins. I am much happier seeing my pins on the wall than scattered in my house!

Years ago I bought a coffee table with 18 compartments and a glass top at Ikea when I first moved into my own place after graduating from college. I've since replaced the coffee table with one that better suits my needs in my living room, but moved it into my "collection" space (aka a spare bedroom where my husband and I have lots of medals/race bibs, knick knacks, and doo dads). I use the table to display all of my pins. I know it doesn't answer your question at all, I'd agree with the shadow box or cork board ideas mentioned above, but I want to show off a little :). Here's a picture from 5 years ago when I was first moving in, the table has a lot more pins in it now!406502

If you search on Etsy for Disney cork boards, there are ones where you can get cork board shaped like Mickey's head, Cinderella's castle, etc. I just bought a regular cheap rectangular cork board from Staples for my office at work that I've got a bunch of pins on.

If you search on Etsy for Disney cork boards, there are ones where you can get cork board shaped like Mickey's head, Cinderella's castle, etc. I just bought a regular cheap rectangular cork board from Staples for my office at work that I've got a bunch of pins on.
If you have more than like 10-15 pins these always seem so small.

I really like the shadow box idea -
I have a curio cabinet with glass doors where i keep all my Disney treasures
and collectibles . so I got cork and covered it with a piece of fabric to
the size of the back of the curio and just stick all my pins in that -
But i would do a shadow box or an ikea frame that had room for the cork inside so you dont have to worry about dusting them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter