• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fred Willard has passed.

Adored him on Roseanne, when he calls the wife of the man who just stiffed Roseanne on a tip.

Scott : You really shouldn't have to... Hello, Mrs. Sloan? Hi, this is Scott, I'm the desk clerk at the Come-and-Go Motel, last time you and your husband were here you left some of your private garments here and... you haven't? Well aren't you a 20-year-old busty blonde? Oops, my mistake.

Needed to find a new florist for the wedding after that one !

I love Best in Show! I think Fred Willard is the best, funniest thing in that movie and it is a hilarious movie with the great Christopher Guest comedy "rep company" at top form.

But another thing I haven't seen menrioned (and most people might not know) - a few years ago, PBS ran a really good concert performance of the musical "Show Boat," and Fred Willard played Captain Andy. I loved him in that, he just had a real warmth and charm and got to play more drama than usual. I loved that production all around.

Loved him on Everybody Loves Raymond. He and Georgia Engel worked together so well. She is gone too. DH loved him on Fernwood 2 Night.

I randomly saw his last episode of Modern Family (I don't usually watch it) and was kind of shocked by how old he looked, I didn't realize he was in his 80s.

Jimmy Kimmel dedicated his whole show tonight to Fred Willard as he was on so much doing skits for the show. Here's an excerpt:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter