Free $200 Disney Gift card question?

Kara19840

Earning My Ears
Hi

We booked for the 2016 Free Disney Dining package which included $200 gift card. I am sure I have read this somewhere but cant remember where. Can anyone tell me where you collect the card from? Is it in Disney Springs? Thanks

that's fantastic...i was worried it would come by post - and given our track record with receiving things from disney, i'm happy to hear i pick it up at disney springs!!

You do need the voucher from Disney UK though to collect the gift card - might want to see if they can send the voucher to your hotel?

You do need the voucher from Disney UK though to collect the gift card - might want to see if they can send the voucher to your hotel?

good point...well i'm sure there's some sort of set up for people who don't get their mail..

good point...well i'm sure there's some sort of set up for people who don't get their mail..

from what i remember i think you need the vouchers for the MDE, and if flights are booked through Disney all the tickets for flights, might be worth ringing Disney and see if they can post to your work or a relative?

from what i remember i think you need the vouchers for the MDE, and if flights are booked through Disney all the tickets for flights, might be worth ringing Disney and see if they can post to your work or a relative?

i've reserved the 'free dining' package, but not the flights...i book flights independently...

you don't actually need vouchers for magical express - if that's what MDE means?
we've ridden it without vouchers...

in any case, i'm not worried..

Wha?! o_O I assumed the gift card would just get posted to me?! So a voucher gets posted thay I then have to exchange at DTD? How far out does the voucher arrive as Im now as 56 days . . .

Wha?! o_O I assumed the gift card would just get posted to me?! So a voucher gets posted thay I then have to exchange at DTD? How far out does the voucher arrive as Im now as 56 days . . .

You get a lovely bit of mail about a month before your stay in your hotel. It has all the booking details (including how to book Magical Express should you wish to use it - no voucher required), a book of money off vouchers for various places and a voucher for your Disney gift card that you must take to the customer services desk in World of Disney, Disney Springs to exchange for a gift card (don't lose it or forget it - don't think there's a Plan B). If my memory serves me correctly (couldn't go this year but have done it several times in the past) you need to pick it up while you are resident at your Disney hotel. We always start with a stay on property and then move around for another 2 - 3 weeks. Think we almost mucked it up one year as we thought we could cash it in at any point. Last minute visit to Downtown Disney as we were then on our final night on property when I read the Ts&Cs!

Mrs TT

Definitely don't leave it too late! Completely went out of my mind last year and forgot to collect it. Guest services tried their best to sort it once I got home but alas there was nothing they could do.

Next year we have $200 + an additional $100 so definitely cant miss picking that one up!!

You get a lovely bit of mail about a month before your stay in your hotel. It has all the booking details (including how to book Magical Express should you wish to use it - no voucher required), a book of money off vouchers for various places and a voucher for your Disney gift card that you must take to the customer services desk in World of Disney, Disney Springs to exchange for a gift card (don't lose it or forget it - don't think there's a Plan B). If my memory serves me correctly (couldn't go this year but have done it several times in the past) you need to pick it up while you are resident at your Disney hotel. We always start with a stay on property and then move around for another 2 - 3 weeks. Think we almost mucked it up one year as we thought we could cash it in at any point. Last minute visit to Downtown Disney as we were then on our final night on property when I read the Ts&Cs!

Mrs TT

Fab thank you! Already got magic express booked, just dont think I've ever had a giftcard before. Hoping the BF isn't expecting to share it . . .

We had our luggage tags with discount booklet and map etc but no voucher for the $200 gift card. We are only 6 days away now.

On our last visit the pack didn't turn up at all. I'd actually forgotten all about it until about a week before we left, so it didn't leave them enough time to resend anything by post. I called Disney and they were really helpful and emailed me all the paperwork that was sent in the post (other than the discount booklet which was at the hotel). I printed it all off but the only thing anybody asked for while we over there was the voucher for the gift card.

We had our luggage tags with discount booklet and map etc but no voucher for the $200 gift card. We are only 6 days away now.

I need to double check our pack but is the voucher not at the bottom of the letter that comes with the pack?

Just pulled our pack out. There should be 2 sheets of A4 paper. One is the covering letter and the second is a booking confirmation summary and the voucher is at the bottom.

Just pulled our pack out. There should be 2 sheets of A4 paper. One is the covering letter and the second is a booking confirmation summary and the voucher is at the bottom.

We just checked ours and we only had one a4 sheet which had the confirmation details on and a paragraph about booking the magical express but no voucher.

There was a fold out map with discounts on the back, the luggage tags and a little book about the parks.

We just checked ours and we only had one a4 sheet which had the confirmation details on and a paragraph about booking the magical express but no voucher.

There was a fold out map with discounts on the back, the luggage tags and a little book about the parks.

I would give Disney a ring. Ours was a voucher along the bottom of the page of our booking confirmation. It looks like it is perforated.

We called and it is because we booked the suite at Art of Animation which isn't a moderate or deluxe resort. Apparently it only comes with moderate or above. I must admit I did not see that anywhere when we booked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter