• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free airport parking - Offer ended

wayneg

On Friday evening I tried Monarchs airport parking service which guarantees lowest prices or your money back.

http://extras.monarch.co.uk/airport-parking.asp

I booked 11 night MAN T3 multistory at £69.99 + 50p cancellation fee (just incase it didn't work)
Same was available on Asda travel for £62.38

Sent email off as instructed on Monarch's site, has to be done same day and include screen shot of lower price along with link.

Got email back today saying they are refunding my money:banana:

Quote from their site
Best Prices Guaranteed

We are constantly monitoring our prices and are confident in our ability to offer you the best prices on Airport Parking.

That's why we guarantee that if you find the identical parking for less on the same day of booking with us, and let us know immediately, we'll refund the whole price of your booking. That's right, we'll let you park for FREE!*

So i have found airparks on monach for 81.99 and airparks its 77.99 what do i do just email them, how do i know if its identical?

I have booked 4 lots of parking (2 for me and 2 for my mother) all of which I have found cheaper elsewhere and on each occasion have been refunded within a week of each application.

Always pay the 50p charge though as if they don't honour it you can cancel the booking.

orangetiggs said:
So i have found airparks on monach for 81.99 and airparks its 77.99 what do i do just email them, how do i know if its identical?

You make the booking, then you take a screen shot of the cheaper one you found. Make sure it shows the same dates and times that you have just booked. Then email the customer service address with your booking ref and say that since booking you have found it cheaper at INSERT WEB SITE and you have attached the screen shot for ref. The politely ask for them to refund you as per the price match promise.

You should get an acknowledgment email straight away saying they are looking into it and then a second email confirming it a few days after this.

loads of people have had their money refunded,over on the dibb,after some one posted about this.
just my luck though,i had already booked mine.typical!
tracy x

I've got 2 lots refunded used one back in July for meet and greet no problems whatsoever. Next one to use in aug 2013. Good deal and glad people are still finding cheaper parking.

Just done a quote on monarch and asda for Cophall Gatwick in Jan and asda is about £3 cheaper, so am going to try the price match thing. What's the email address we use to monarch does anyone know?

Found email addy, just sent my email, fingers crossed :)

I've had 4 lots if parking booked and refunded (minus the 50p of course!!) Used 2 already and no problems! If you can find cheaper then definitely worth trying to claim, at worst you can cancel and only costs you 50p!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards app

Thanks for posting Wayne. :thumbsup2

I just booked mine for next June & emailed them the cheaper quote. Hopefully they will refund it, will let you know.

I've had an email back from them saying that it has been forwarded to the Product Department for approval and they will be in touch 2/3 working days. Fingers crossed :)

I ended up doing two bookings last night.

9 nights in June = £69.99
3 weeks next October - Meet & Greet £149

I had two emails first thing this morning saying they had been forwarded it on to the product dept etc.....

Just got another email saying the 3 week one has been refunded (£149) & I can park for free!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Thanks again Wayne. :thumbsup2

Great saving :thumbsup2

I just checked my account, money still not back in there. I recieved email at 12 Noon yesterday saying it had been refunded, shouldn't take over 24hrs to show on my account.

Great saving :thumbsup2

I just checked my account, money still not back in there. I recieved email at 12 Noon yesterday saying it had been refunded, shouldn't take over 24hrs to show on my account.

They said it would take 3-5 days in my email. Maybe they are slow at processing them. ;)

They said it would take 3-5 days in my email. Maybe they are slow at processing them. ;)

Email I got said it had been refunded but no timescale, when I log in and see my car park reciept it says refunded £69.99 at 12.05 yesterday. They must use a slow system, Matt just paid me some money from his account and as soon as he hit the button it was in my account.:confused3

Email I got said it had been refunded but no timescale, when I log in and see my car park reciept it says refunded £69.99 at 12.05 yesterday. They must use a slow system, Matt just paid me some money from his account and as soon as he hit the button it was in my account.:confused3

I've just had the other one refunded. :cool1:

Here is what they said in my email.
"A refund of £65.99 has been refunded back onto your card (Please allow 3-5 working days for this to show on your statement)"

If it's not back on my credit card by next Thursday i'll chase them up. :)

Does it apply to meet and greet (do they even offer such a service?) or just regular parking? I had an email today from Holiday Extras offering the same thing, but I just assumed there was some kind of small print loophole to enable themselves to wriggle out of it.

Does it apply to meet and greet (do they even offer such a service?) or just regular parking? I had an email today from Holiday Extras offering the same thing, but I just assumed there was some kind of small print loophole to enable themselves to wriggle out of it.

Yes its any service they offer on Monarch's site, has to be exactly the same service. Just spent the last 20 mins searching for Easter dates, Monarch are the cheapest I can find. Just pay the 50p extra so you can cancel if it doesn't come off.
I guess once they pay out they alter their prices to stop future claims where they can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter