"Free Days" added to purchased tickets

SKINUT

Earning My Ears
I'm in the "ticket phase" of planning our trip. I'm looking at ticket prices via undercovertourist.com (buy a 5 day ticket and get a day free), the officialticketcenter.com (Purchase a 3-Day Walt Disney World Base ticket with 14 Day Expiration and receive your 4th and 5th day FREE) & mapleleaf.com (buy 4 days and get 5th free). How do the "free" days work?

My apologies if I offended in my earlier post. I was just asking about what I'd heard. Thanks for the responses...I'm learning!

11.gif

I'm in the "ticket phase" of planning our trip. I'm looking at ticket prices via undercovertourist.com (buy a 5 day ticket and get a day free), the officialticketcenter.com (Purchase a 3-Day Walt Disney World Base ticket with 14 Day Expiration and receive your 4th and 5th day FREE) & mapleleaf.com (buy 4 days and get 5th free). How do the "free" days work?

My apologies if I offended in my earlier post. I was just asking about what I'd heard. Thanks for the responses...I'm learning!

No offense-- we just like to keep things in line with Disney policy here. :thumbsup2 And as an FYI since you are looking to get the best deal you can on tickets, never ever buy them from ebay or Craigslist or one of those fly by night resale places. As we said they are not transferable, but people will try and you will be the one to lose your money. You have no way to actually know how many days are left on them until you get there, and with the fingerscan the ticket could be useless to you even with days left on it.

Undercover Tourist and Maple Leaf are both great companies. I haven't heard of the other one but that doesn't mean it isn't also a good one. I have ordered from Undercover Tourist several times and had great experiences.

The free days are really just that. You are paying the price that they list and getting the full number of days they advertise. Really it is more like a marketing ploy-- they have a discounted ticket and instead of telling you it is a 5 ticket at a reduced price they tell you it is a 3 day tix with 2 days free, because who doesn't want to get something for free! Sounds much more impressive that way! Usually I have found that while the prices are cheaper, it is really only by a few dollars. But every dollar counts so these can be a great option, depending on what you need.

Also, if you haven't signed up for the Mousesavers newsletter make sure you do (mousesavers.com) . It comes out around mid month and always has special newsletter subscriber only discounts from Undercover Tourist.

No offense-- we just like to keep things in line with Disney policy here.

Also, if you haven't signed up for the Mousesavers newsletter make sure you do (mousesavers.com) . It comes out around mid month and always has special newsletter subscriber only discounts from Undercover Tourist.

I too would suggest subscribing to the mousesavers.com newsletter (which is chock full of great info). The link to undercovertoucist.com and it's associated dicount is the very best price on Disney tickets I've found. And believe me I've looked at them all. Once you add in taxes and shipping (which UndercoverTourist includes in the ticket price) UT always wins!

That being said - if you want to use the Disney meal plans you are required to book a ticket inclusive package. While the ticket brokers do offer a savings it is generally a small amount (think under $10 per person). While I can add up for a family or group (and heck if it works out to buy thru a reseller I always do) I defer to convenience of the dining plan.

If you have kids the BEST deal on tickets is if you do one of the Youth Education Series programs. I saved over $200 on my familys tickets. The programs are not offered all the time, but if one of them falls within your vacation window you should check it out. Plus your kids get some fun education while on vacation. Here's the link....
http://www.disneyyouth.com/individual-enrollment/catalog/?location[]=WDW&filter=startDate
When I just went on the site I realized that they only have up to 5 day tickets listed on the ticket packages page, but you can order more than 5 day tickets, I got my 7 day base tickets for $164.45 each (adults and children are the same price).

thanks SDChickie! I looked through that webpage. We're going to have 2 adults, 3 kids (7yr old twins & 2 yr. old), July 30-August 6, 2011. We're planning on going to the parks for 4 or 5 days. These tickets would be GREAT, but I'm not sure if we qualify to buy them...? There are only two sessions planned during that week, both on the same day, and for ages 8-18. When I click on "buy tickets", the next page says individual tickets are for kids arriving between january and february. Maybe I'm not getting the whole thing; does that mean you can't buy these tickets if you're not arriving during that time? Would we not be able to purchase with 7 year olds? Can you buy a 5 day ticket if they're only going to one presentation? Can adults get the same ticket since one has to accompany them? Sorry to innundate you with a bunch of questions, but I'm excited for my kids to get a cool extra event at a great price! :santa:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, You only have to attend 1 session, but you can pay for the second one if you want to do both. As for the age, I would fudge their age by a year, it's not like they ask for ID from the kids. Everyone in your party can purchase tickets (adults and kids all pay the same price). They might not be selling the tickets for the summer yet and that might be why it won't let you buy them. There should be a phone number to call from that web site. I did find out that if they cancel the program for not enough participants they do still let you have the cheap tickets, but if you do not show up for the program they will charge you the difference in the ticket price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter