Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it isn't fun, then what fun is it? :banana:

Still working through data, it wasn't as clear cut of an answer as I hoped.

More to come....though probably not tonight.

Any chance POR is NOT included this time around, or are rooms being 'set aside' for FD?

If you insist...

85inn.jpg~original

:rotfl2: Love it!!

Just saw a travel agency on my Facebook feed say "Free Dining is here for fall!" Obviously that is a little shady considering the deal isn't even out yet. Plus, we all know that Disney calls September "late summer" not fall. So that just makes me laugh that this agency obviously isn't knowledgable. :rotfl2:

Really hoping free dining gets announced for November. I'm already staying up late stalking the disney store each night for frozen merch. I might as well stalk WDW for free dining as well.

Assuming Monday is THE day.... will this impact my ability to make my ADR's on the same day?? I'll be 180 days out, and not sure if the FD chaos will lead to huge wait-times for ADR's...not sure how this all works.

AND... September FD seems locked and loaded. Black, how confident are you that October will be offered too? Just looking for a little hope :)

I'm in the same boat. Monday is ADRs for us too and I'm concerned the website will be crashing. There are 10 of us going, an we want BOG, CRT and others. I'll be online right at six, but I am getting worried.

I'm in the same boat. Monday is ADRs for us too and I'm concerned the website will be crashing. There are 10 of us going, an we want BOG, CRT and others. I'll be online right at six, but I am getting worried.

If Monday is the Disney Visa day for September FD, less people will be able to book and can only do it on the phone starting at 7AM. Hopefully you will have all your ADRs done by 7AM.

Our current reservation is under my Mom's name. She does not have a Disney Visa, but I do. If FD is released can I call to add it using my card? Or will I have to change the whole reservation to my name?

Our current reservation is under my Mom's name. She does not have a Disney Visa, but I do. If FD is released can I call to add it using my card? Or will I have to change the whole reservation to my name?

Your good! Yes, if the reservations were not made with the DV then you may have to put a $200 deposit down on both to get the discount to work.

I handle all our reservations for both me and my mom when she goes and I have never had a problem handeling her reservations or payments.

When and if free dining comes out on Monday, are there any rumors if it will also have a RO discount? Thanks for all off the info, it's been so fun reading along

Wonder if we'll be fighting for the same ones? May the best disboarder win!! Kidding! Good luck-- and hope you don't snag our CRT reservation :)

The bright side is, if it does crashes, everyone else will be in the same boat too! Good luck with those ADR's!!!:woohoo: They are separate lines, but...Disney does everything well, except computers! :laughing:

ngress said:
When and if free dining comes out on Monday, are there any rumors if it will also have a RO discount? Thanks for all off the info, it's been so fun reading along

Don't know for certain, but if it's not released the same day it won't be far behind.

Your good! Yes, if the reservations were not made with the DV then you may have to put a $200 deposit down on both to get the discount to work.

I handle all our reservations for both me and my mom when she goes and I have never had a problem handeling her reservations or payments.

Awesome! Thanks! :wave2:

No. Free dining should be looked at as a discount; it's not technically free because you're paying rack rates for your room. Disney won't double up on the discounts.

I think this person meant is there going to be a RO discount along with FD, i.e. use RO instead of FD. My understanding is yes; you usually have option of FD or RO when FD comes out.

No. Free dining should be looked at as a discount; it's not technically free because you're paying rack rates for your room. Disney won't double up on the discounts.

Love this, so I guess a room only discount isn't really a discount since your paying full price for your tickets and dining :lmao::lmao:

FD is one of the only promotions that is not discounted but added to your package for free:thumbsup2

There are already RO discounts for much of August and September.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

Discounts can not be combined so you need to choose the promotion that is right for you. Discounts past Sept dates should come later.

Don't some people receive PIN codes before FD goes out to the public. And just wondering if Black has an inside source or is it just a guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter