Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!!
You're english is great!!! :thumbsup2

At the moment Black thinks the dates will run from August 29th to September 24. If you choose to travel from the 27th to the 3rd you could do a split stay. It is not very difficult. You would make a room only reservation (no tickets) for the 27th to the 29th. Then if FD starts on the 29th you would make a new reservation from the 29th to the 3rd with your park tickets on the second reservation. You need to have park tickets on your reservation to get FD. You are allowed to pick up your park tickets up to three days early so you could pick them up on the 27th when you arrive.

What does everybody else think??? Would this be the best scenario for our Italian friend?? :cool1:

Wait a couple more days and things should be clear. But yes, if the dates are a tad off, a split stay would be the only way to get free dining for part of a trip.

Free Dining for 2014 is a go.

The dates of interest for release are Monday, April 21st for a late summer release, which would include primarily September and possibly the last couple days of August. Dates beyond September are offered later on, as in previous years.

Do we happen to know if the 21st is the public release making Thursday the DV release, if it is happening that way or is the 21st potentially the DV day with the following Thursday being public?

Do we happen to know if the 21st is the public release making Thursday the DV release, if it is happening that way or is the 21st potentially the DV day with the following Thursday being public?

Hoping to know tomorrow.

Otherwise, someone will be placing a test call Thursday, while reporting here. :thumbsup2

Hoping to know tomorrow.

Otherwise, someone will be placing a test call Thursday, while reporting here. :thumbsup2

Excellent. I need to travel on Monday morning so I am hoping the DV only offer goes live on Thursday or Monday, which makes it easier for me to change our resevation.

Just wanted to add....

I called Disney Dining Reservations this afternoon to make ADR for Wishes Dessert Party (FINALLY!!).
CM who made my ressies was very friendly. After I was confirmed I said,
"Next hurdle .... Free Dining! The buzz is that Mon is the promo release date" (yes, I was unashamedly "fishing" for info!)

So the CM kind of snickers quietly and then says, hesitantly, "Uh, ya, um, that is the date that we've been uh, hearing tossed about as well."

The CM was probably reading this thread! They often refer folks to Dis! Thanks for fishing!;)

Just wanted to add.... I called Disney Dining Reservations this afternoon to make ADR for Wishes Dessert Party (FINALLY!!). CM who made my ressies was very friendly. After I was confirmed I said, "Next hurdle .... Free Dining! The buzz is that Mon is the promo release date" (yes, I was unashamedly "fishing" for info!) So the CM kind of snickers quietly and then says, hesitantly, "Uh, ya, um, that is the date that we've been uh, hearing tossed about as well."

Yippee!!! I just got the Dessert Party too!!!

How many days out can you change your dates without penalty? Is it 45? I have Sept booked but am thinking about moving to later fall if FD is available.
You can make as many changes as you want up until 45 days before you go :)

Wait a couple more days and things should be clear. But yes, if the dates are a tad off, a split stay would be the only way to get free dining for part of a trip.

I know this question has probably been asked several times, but I can't find the answer at the moment. I am thinking that if free dining dates include through the 24th, that as long as I check in prior to that, the entire stay is included. Is that correct? I was planning for September 20 through 27, so if the dates are as predicted, I should still be able to get FD for my whole stay?

Thank you. You are so very patient, wise one!

:worship:

I know this question has probably been asked several times, but I can't find the answer at the moment. I am thinking that if free dining dates include through the 24th, that as long as I check in prior to that, the entire stay is included. Is that correct? I was planning for September 20 through 27, so if the dates are as predicted, I should still be able to get FD for my whole stay? Thank you. You are so very patient, wise one! :worship:

You are correct. As long as your check in date falls when FD is offered, it covers up to 14 days of your stay.

I know this question has probably been asked several times, but I can't find the answer at the moment. I am thinking that if free dining dates include through the 24th, that as long as I check in prior to that, the entire stay is included. Is that correct? I was planning for September 20 through 27, so if the dates are as predicted, I should still be able to get FD for my whole stay? Thank you. You are so very patient, wise one! :worship:

Yes, as long as you check in during the promotion your entire stay, up to 14 nights will have FD

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oversight... Yes the family suites are eligible, but not always all of them. Some room types and locations are excluded, but far too many to keep track of. It all depends on what they need to book at the time.

Question, will it be the same situation with royal rooms in POR? Afraid to upgrade now for them to tell me room type or location aren't included in FD...

I've been trying to remain philosophical and calm ever since the news of possible FD came out recently. While it's true, I will be on the phone at 7am Thursday hoping for the best, I look at it this way:

I'm going to Disney anyway, FD or not. I'll take a week and a half of food whether I pay for it or not as long as we're in WDW:cool1:

Odds are, as long as our resorts of choice aren't excluded, we all should get pretty close to what we want. And really, in the grand scheme of things, how many freaks like us are out there waiting to pounce on the phones on either Thursday or Monday morning anyway? It's like the thousands of people that show up each day to the parks and don't have any idea of what a FastPass is to begin with. Hopefully the dates will work out foe everybody.

It's hard for us who know about FD (and really, would any of us know what the deal is without Mr FD himself? Black, you are the man:thumbsup2) to be patient and calm about the whole process. Tom Petty said "The waaaaaaaitng, is the hardest part". Obviously he never was waiting for a FD promo....anyway, it's gonna be alright.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to draft my fourth and fifth backup plans in case I can't get POR, CSR, or CBR.

Just wanted to say I love your avatar. Im from PA but my DH was born just outside of Boston. We are surprising our kids with a trip to Boston Thursday and a Red Sox game Friday night. We'll be taking them to batting practice, the Aquarium, Plymouth Plantation, The Mayflower and The Lobster Hut..yum!! A lot to do in a weekend but I'm good with that since we're not doing Disney again until next year.

Go Red Sox!! Have a great trip to Boston. It is such a great city, so easy to get around. And the history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter