Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read a few different dates for the release to the general public. Will I be able to do this on the 5th or 7th?

For the visa offer, you have to call. For the public offer, you have to book through the link on Disney's special offers page.

Ah ha! Thanks Smitch425! That's what needed to know. So when the GP offer is live online, I just need to click through a link on Disney's site. Got it. Thanks!

Thanks.. Don't have a Disney Visa though. I was inquiring about booking the GP offer at midnight when it's released- how do you apply the FD via online reservation?

It will be on the website. Just click the link. It will be on the main booking page and the special offers page. It won't be midnight. 6AM EST.

I really hope I am able to do this at POR. It's pretty much my cheapest option with a family of 5. Should I have a back up just in case? I think the only other thing I could do is get connecting rooms at a value.

It will be on the website. Just click the link. It will be on the main booking page and the special offers page. It won't be midnight. 6AM EST.

Thank you. :)
I had read that the last GP offer went live at midnight, so i thought this one might as well.. Either way, I'll be ready!!!

I really hope I am able to do this at POR. It's pretty much my cheapest option with a family of 5. Should I have a back up just in case? I think the only other thing I could do is get connecting rooms at a value.

You won't have an issue. POR is not everyone's first choice despite its awesomeness. Two values would be your backup. Now that we're a family of 6, we're going with two values.

I have read a few different dates for the release to the general public. Will I be able to do this on the 5th or 7th?

It is looking like the 7th right now. Party tickets will likely go on sale on the 5th. Therefore, the public date has been pushed back.

You won't have an issue. POR is not everyone's first choice despite its awesomeness. Two values would be your backup. Now that we're a family of 6, we're going with two values.

Oh that makes me feel better! Thanks. I am getting so anxious lol!

Thanks, is it better to book a new reservation online at midnight or 6am (any ideas? is so were do I do this)then cancel existing or just wait until 7am and call like everyone else and hope not to be on hold forever?
In addition does any one know if the 10-17 of September is a good time OR is something major going on?

What would you do?

Upgrade from pop for CSR with FD and save about $200?

or

Add an extra day at POP and save about $100 (water park day/DTD whether onsite or not)

What would you do? Upgrade from pop for CSR with FD and save about $200? or Add an extra day at POP and save about $100 (water park day/DTD whether onsite or not)
Depends on if you want QS or TS. Is saving $100 with an upgrade to the standard dining plan? If so if do that!

Ok black (or anyone ;) ), I just realized that there's a lot of dates not included at the end of Nov-Dec 12. I know about Tgiving week, and I know about Pop Warner (Dec 6-13th 2014) . But isn't the week between usually a FD week? It was in 2012.

*fingers crossed* that it was just left off the list.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but I did a search and couldn't find anything. Plan on going Nov 1 -8. Was hoping to catch the osbourne lights. The first MVMCP is Nov 7. Anybody know if the osbourne lights will be the same night? Anyone think they might have an early castle lighting ceremony on Nov 6? TIA

Ok black (or anyone ;) ), I just realized that there's a lot of dates not included at the end of Nov-Dec 12. I know about Tgiving week, and I know about Pop Warner (Dec 6-13th 2014) . But isn't the week between usually a FD week? It was in 2012.

*fingers crossed* that it was just left off the list.

That week was excluded last year.

I want to make sure I understand this before I make any changes. We will be in WDW November 6-12. FD looks to be available November 9. Can I book a split stay and get the FD for the 9, 10 & 11th? If I do that, will my ADR dates also be split? and my FP+ dates? If I wait and try to book FD after my ADR date, will I be able to keep my ADRs or will I have to reschedule the ones during FD?

So much to consider...so confused!

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but I did a search and couldn't find anything. Plan on going Nov 1 -8. Was hoping to catch the osbourne lights. The first MVMCP is Nov 7. Anybody know if the osbourne lights will be the same night? Anyone think they might have an early castle lighting ceremony on Nov 6? TIA

Last year the Osborne Festival of lights started the first night of MVMCP.

So my first choice is POFQ, but not a Visa holder, so most likely that is not gonna happen.

All the POR standards are booked for when I want to go.. Oct 25-nov 3

My third back up is CBR, is there any hope they will have some FD rooms on May 7th?

Hi...Can someone explain to me if our dates are good? Aug. 26th-Sept. 4th, we have never had an issue before because our dates have always fallen within promo dates. Do we just get from the 31st on? Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter