Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you willing to buy two sets of tickets? If not, a split stay will not work for you. Unless you don't plan to go to the parks the first couple of days.

Like, buying length of stay for the 5-8 and then another for the 9-14? We are open to doing that depending on cost...need to do the math. ;)

Like, buying length of stay for the 5-8 and then another for the 9-14? We are open to doing that depending on cost...need to do the math. ;)

Yes, you would buy the full amount needed for the entire trip with the first reservation, and then the minimum needed for the free dining package, likely a two day base, and save those for future use.

Yes, you would buy the full amount needed for the entire trip with the first reservation, and then the minimum needed for the free dining package, likely a two day base, and save those for future use.

Oh, that makes sense. Yes, we could probably do that.

This is probably a silly question, but what is the phone number to call on Thursday for the Disney Visa?
:confused3

Right now our trip includes FD...fingers crossed. If that is the case, we are booked for 8 nights 7 days at the parks. No tickets on the day we arrive and day we leave...long drive to/from. First trip with 3 boys (2,5,8) My question is- do I book an extra day...9 nights w/ 8 days at the parks? Or is 7 days at the parks enough time to soak up all things Disney??? I know traveling with a toddler we will go at a slower pace. We probably won't come back until the toddler is 5/6. Thanks :-) is it may 1st yet?!?!?!

Couldn't the tickets be bought with the FD package and then picked up early? That is what I have been told. We have FD in August on a BB offer which couldn't start until the 20th. We have 8 day hoppers on that package with only 5 days in our resort on that package, then will arrive earlier (on the 15th) and pick up the tickets as early as allowed. Right now we're planning a resort day and water park day, then picking up the tickets 3 days early. But I have also been told, on these boards by someone who works in ticketing, that with the MB we might actually be able to activate our tickets as soon as we get there on the 15th and then add park days to our 8 day tickets if we want more.

Right now our trip includes FD...fingers crossed. If that is the case, we are booked for 8 nights 7 days at the parks. No tickets on the day we arrive and day we leave...long drive to/from. First trip with 3 boys (2,5,8) My question is- do I book an extra day...9 nights w/ 8 days at the parks? Or is 7 days at the parks enough time to soak up all things Disney??? I know traveling with a toddler we will go at a slower pace. We probably won't come back until the toddler is 5/6. Thanks :-) is it may 1st yet?!?!?!

I would always say book an extra day if you can swing it--and free dining will help a lot with cost! I went last year when my daughter was 2 and found it not so bad, but we did move slower for sure and took a lot of afternoons off.

Thinking about revising our dates. Originally planned on Sept 19-29ish. Now thinking of Oct 3rd-13ish. Is there any reason we wouldn't want to switch? Anything major going on which makes things crazy in WDW around then?

Had a question to initial post, as I've read some conflicting news on other sites (sorry new to all this)

I'm planning on staying at Disney 11/10 - 11/14, haven't booked anything & I'm hoping for FD

Initial post says that FD will be released to Disney Card Holders on 5/1, will this include November dates or will there be a second FD release later on to cover November & December?

Also, do Disney Card holders need a code to book ahead on 5/1 rather than 5/7, or is it by virtue of having the card & putting the $200 deposit on it enough to book early?

I wouldn't switch your ADRs if I were you. I would simply add more. At this point, while the release doesn't appear to include your dates at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of October bookers jump ship and Disney ends up coming out with more October offers. I'm not nearly as experienced as many of the posters on this board, but if you keep your current ADRs and add some others for different dates, you'll have options if in the event Disney comes out with another release or you get a pin or something. Just be sure you cancel ADRs once you decide so you don't get charged and so someone else can book at the restaurants.

this is what I plan to do. my dates are fixed since our flights were booked at an obscenely cheap price...

arrive oct. 19 - 27....FD would be good for my in laws/parents but this just means we hold reservations and then wait for a PIN etc. and book a fully cancellable room at Hilton Bonnet Creek.

its simple. no FD during our days, then Disney gets less $$. if we get FD, we spend more on passes and book on property...

either way, it's not the end of the world. but then again, we go A LOT...so I can appreciate some might not be too happy.

This is too stressful...

Yep I hear ya! I wasn't expecting Oct dates yet so I haven't applied to my Visa or planned my backups. Thought I had some time to do that! So now waiting until the 7th seems like an eternity but really I thought I was going to have to wait until August so this is a good thing! We want CSR and I hope we will be safe since it's so big. In 8 days this will (hopefully) all be over!

Thinking about revising our dates. Originally planned on Sept 19-29ish. Now thinking of Oct 3rd-13ish. Is there any reason we wouldn't want to switch? Anything major going on which makes things crazy in WDW around then?

Good amount of school breaks that week. It's also Columbus Day Weekend 11-13th.

anyone know of anything major at Disney between Sept 10th and 17th? Looks like a good slower time to go

We have been 3 times for these dates. Except for last year each time was great with no big lines or crowds. Last year they had a Villian event at HS that brought extra people to the area. The whole night was a gong show, poorly organized and disappointing. Nothing like that planned for this year so you should be good!!!

Couldn't the tickets be bought with the FD package and then picked up early? That is what I have been told. We have FD in August on a BB offer which couldn't start until the 20th. We have 8 day hoppers on that package with only 5 days in our resort on that package, then will arrive earlier (on the 15th) and pick up the tickets as early as allowed. Right now we're planning a resort day and water park day, then picking up the tickets 3 days early. But I have also been told, on these boards by someone who works in ticketing, that with the MB we might actually be able to activate our tickets as soon as we get there on the 15th and then add park days to our 8 day tickets if we want more.

I asked a similar question earlier but ending up finding the answer here on this post from another board

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3269935

Sounds like "YES" you can go to Guest Relations up to 3 days prior to your package starting and activate the ticket portion of the package. YAY!!!!! Now my friend can do a RO for the first two days of her trip and activate her tickets before the package would start on day 3 with the free dining :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter