Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the dates that I will be there Oct 8-13 but the past 2 years these dates have been included in FD, does anyone know if they release more FD later on that may include these dates? thank you.

So my first choice is POFQ, but not a Visa holder, so most likely that is not gonna happen.

All the POR standards are booked for when I want to go.. Oct 25-nov 3

My third back up is CBR, is there any hope they will have some FD rooms on May 7th?

Don't lose hope on POFQ...I made a last minute adjustment to my reservation a few weeks after the FD promo came out last year...there was still availability...

So again, don't lose hope...stick with POFQ and keep trying for a couple weeks if you have no luck!

I don't see the dates that I will be there Oct 8-13 but the past 2 years these dates have been included in FD, does anyone know if they release more FD later on that may include these dates? thank you.

Those dates have never been included.

those dates have not been included:

September 29 – October 2, 2013
October 18 – November 2, 2013

9/30/12–10/4/12
10/19/12–11/1/12

Oct 1-6, 2011
Oct 22-Nov 3, 2011

the dates for this year are not likely to change.

I am sure this was most likely already answered by someone but I can't seem to find it. If I arrive on Aug 27th and stay to Sept 1st do I have to split my hotel reservation if the dining plan starts on Aug 30th? Do I check out of one reservation and check in again on the 30th?:confused3

I am sure this was most likely already answered by someone but I can't seem to find it. If I arrive on Aug 27th and stay to Sept 1st do I have to split my hotel reservation if the dining plan starts on Aug 30th? Do I check out of one reservation and check in again on the 30th?:confused3

You will not even be able to do a split stay with those dates. FD requires a minimum 3 night stay, and it doesn't start until Aug 31.

Thinking about revising our dates. Originally planned on Sept 19-29ish. Now thinking of Oct 3rd-13ish. Is there any reason we wouldn't want to switch? Anything major going on which makes things crazy in WDW around then?

there is a big conference the 1st week of October and of course it's busier Columbus Day weekend.

Thinking about revising our dates. Originally planned on Sept 19-29ish. Now thinking of Oct 3rd-13ish. Is there any reason we wouldn't want to switch? Anything major going on which makes things crazy in WDW around then?

If you, or anyone else, does plan on changing dates and has ADR's they are going to release. please post them on this forum
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3251535. There are some people who didn't get all the ADR's they wanted and this is a good way to help out a fellow DISer, especially if you are not going to use them.

This is the September thread, but there are other ones out there for other months too.

Hello fellow FD stalkers ;) I am SO excited to hear that the fall dates are likely to be released on May 1 to DV holders :) Giddy!!!! We currently have a bounceback reservation with a check-in date of 11/14. We would like to change this to the FD promotion. I am wondering how difficult it will be to modify this reservation, given that there is a "separate" bounceback department within the reservation system? Is this likely to cause backups for us? Would it be easier to start from scratch with a new reservation on the 1st?

Thanks in advance, and a BIG thank you to Black for the awesome scoop!

Wow, I am sooo excited!!!! I just signed on to check this thread and had no idea they might be releasing November dates next week!!!! That is GREAT news! I thought for sure I'd have to wait until August!! :cheer2:

(Just to be sure....we check in on 11/14 and out on 11/22. We will qualify for the free dining for the whole trip, correct?)

Quick question for you guys. If for some reason we cannot get POR, we are a family of 5, and go with 2 rooms at a value, am I amble to upgrade the dinning plan at a later date, or do I have to do it when I reserve the package?

So thankful for you all and all the great work you guys do. You all make waiting/planning so much fun :):thumbsup2:)

Quick question for you guys. If for some reason we cannot get POR, we are a family of 5, and go with 2 rooms at a value, am I amble to upgrade the dinning plan at a later date, or do I have to do it when I reserve the package?

So thankful for you all and all the great work you guys do. You all make waiting/planning so much fun :):thumbsup2:)

All dining plans must be finalized at least 72 hours prior to check in.

I have a question. We have only been to WDW once before when there was free dining (in 2011) and we just did a value resort with Quick Service. But this year I was thinking of doing some character dining. I'm trying to decide if it would cost less to upgrade to regular dining for the TS meals than to pay OOP for some character meals. I'm sure somewhere there are prices for the character meals. And if I don't book way ahead will I still be able to book character dining or do they sell out fast? Can someone help me out?

BlackPearl695 said:
I want to make sure I understand this before I make any changes. We will be in WDW November 6-12. FD looks to be available November 9. Can I book a split stay and get the FD for the 9, 10 & 11th? If I do that, will my ADR dates also be split? and my FP+ dates? If I wait and try to book FD after my ADR date, will I be able to keep my ADRs or will I have to reschedule the ones during FD?

So much to consider...so confused!

Anyone?

Are 2 value rooms cheaper than a family suite at AOA or All Star Music? I have a family of 6.

this is what I plan to do. my dates are fixed since our flights were booked at an obscenely cheap price...

arrive oct. 19 - 27....FD would be good for my in laws/parents but this just means we hold reservations and then wait for a PIN etc. and book a fully cancellable room at Hilton Bonnet Creek.

its simple. no FD during our days, then Disney gets less $$. if we get FD, we spend more on passes and book on property...

either way, it's not the end of the world. but then again, we go A LOT...so I can appreciate some might not be too happy.

Do you rent a car when staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek or do they have shuttles that run on demand? Do you pay out of pocket for meals when no FD is offered or do you purchase a DP? Also, when staying at the Hilton, are you eligible for the Extra Hours (EMH)?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter