Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been answered but we went last year from 10/22-10/27 and had FD. I see the trend the past 3 years has had FD starting on or around 10/20. Do you think they may release those dates a little bit later? We have a BB FD in September for this year but would love to switch to October. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part!! ;-)

Sorry if this has been answered but we went last year from 10/22-10/27 and had FD. I see the trend the past 3 years has had FD starting on or around 10/20. Do you think they may release those dates a little bit later? We have a BB FD in September for this year but would love to switch to October. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part!! ;-)

I do not expect another public FD release for those dates. That week was much more crowded last year than in years past. The best we can hope for now is a FD PIN with expanded dates, or a public room discount.

I do not expect another public FD release for those dates. That week was much more crowded last year than in years past. The best we can hope for now is a FD PIN with expanded dates, or a public room discount.

We were there at that time last year and I agree, it was ridiculously crowded. I'm not surprised at all that FD is not available during that time this year.

Anyone who booked FD at CBR, we have Disney visa and have always stayed at POR, POFQ, or value, and we are booked at CBR this year. Our dates fall in FD and planning on calling Thursday. Does anyone who's booked FD at CBR tell me if standard rooms are usually available? I know at other resorts, standard rooms are harder to get.

Anyone who booked FD at CBR, we have Disney visa and have always stayed at POR, POFQ, or value, and we are booked at CBR this year. Our dates fall in FD and planning on calling Thursday. Does anyone who's booked FD at CBR tell me if standard rooms are usually available? I know at other resorts, standard rooms are harder to get.

We always book CBR with free dining and there is always plenty of standard rooms available! :)

Not to be too paranoid, but do we feel quite confident that this is a free dining promotion and not something new like stay/play/and dine?

Have you checked your dates for POR?
Looks like we are checking in about the same time and several room categories at POR are already booked solid with no availability. With that being said, make sure you are flexible with your room categories. I have no idea what the best way to handle your request would be to give you the best shot but I just wanted you to be prepared:goodvibes

Thank you, SPOERLX3. I am flexible with room categories and have my spreadsheet of choices all priced out--lol. That being said, if I can't find an available room at POR, I'm still going to Disney World, so I won't allow myself to be disappointed. :)

Not to be too paranoid, but do we feel quite confident that this is a free dining promotion and not something new like stay/play/and dine?

There is nothing to indicate that it is anything other than free dining.

Black and smitch are always pretty spot on with the free dining info each year, haven't seen them wrong yet.

May be a silly question, but what should I actually say to the CM's on Thursday? I'm almost afraid to call and ask if they can apply the FD offer to my reservation and they just laugh and say that it's not offered at this time, again...

Seriously bummed out here. We arrive on October 22nd. How does the split stay work? Could we book hotel Oct 22-26th, have our 10 day passes, then check out and recheck in for the free dining from Oct 26th-31st? and just continue to use our original 10 day passes?

I can book online starting at midnight on the 7th? If so i will do that, then transfer my dinner reservations over to the new # and get my $200 that I already paid refunded.

I have looked up getting a Disney debit visa but it wasn't available in my area and I live in PA. Anyone know a reason why this might be?

I went 11-15 to 11-25 and loved it! The decorations were all up in the parks, including the Osborne Lights. The resort lobbies were no complete until the last couple of days we were there.
I do not like the cold, so ideally, I would prefer a couple degrees warmer if I were to go to a water park. We did manage to find 2 days that fit in our busy schedule to swim at the resort though, one exceptionally good day. It was fun listening to Christmas music while swimming at AoA our last day. : )
The crowds were also very low that week last year also. I would definitely go back then. : )

Thanks for the info everyone! Now to try to make a decision..we already purchased our airline tickets from Southwest for a great deal - I'm wondering if the flights will be as cheap in Nov? :confused3

Hubby and I checked in last year on Nov 15th at WL. We loved it - but I do not like the heat ( I know that sounds funny when you're going to Florida). It actually did get hot at least one day (85-ish). There was only one day it was too cold to swim. The Christmas decorations went up at the hotel during our stay.

Thanks for the info!

it actually depends on which character dining that you do..... some include more then others, honestly also depends on number of people and number of days you stay. they are already sold out for 176 days out for Cinderella royal table if that gives you any help on how quick certain ones can sell out...besides you can do different expierences with dining... the coral reef we felt was some of the best food we had along with la hacienda de san angles which we aligned our reservation 45 min prior to fireworks, asked kindly for a window seat and had a great view

Thanks! Wow that was lucky on the fireworks seating!! There are just the two of us, we are staying 6 nights and my Son wants to do Chef Mickey's and I was thinking of O'hana because I love Lilo and Stitch! I hadn't heard of the Coral Reef and Hacienda de San Angles as character dining so I'm off to research (some more) I will have to see what I can do about booking as early as possible. Thanks again, to all of you who are so helpful!

I can book online starting at midnight on the 7th? If so i will do that, then transfer my dinner reservations over to the new # and get my $200 that I already paid refunded.

That is what I did last year. The offer was online by a little after midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter