Free Dining 2015 - The Results - Poll

Free Dining 2015 - Did You Get What You Wanted?

• a) I got the resort and room category I wanted and all is right with the world. Disney rules!

Votes: 161 58.1%
  • b) Not quite, but still got the discount and an acceptable resort and room.

Votes: 86 31.0%
  • c) Had to compromise and move to a resort I didn't want. Still got FD but not pleased.

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • d) Got squat. I'm going to Universal.

Votes: 21 7.6%

• Total voters
Put me in the "got squat" category, but still going. I also booked using a TA for the first time ever, thinking they'll do all the work for me when discounts come out. She said she tried (I ended up contacting her first), but she got nothing. Disappointing.

we had to move resorts to CBR and our dates by two days but we still go the deal and it saved us around $1800 for 4

I can't complain too much we got the deal and we get to check out a different resort this trip

Wasn't expecting the number of people that voted 'd' so far

Wanted CBR standard, had to bump up to water/ pool view. Other then that, got exactly what we wanted. We were going to add park hopper this trip anyways, so no problem with having to add that. Checking in last day FD is offered - got in on it by the skin of our teeth! CBR 12/21-12/29

Wanted CSR Business class. Switch to CBR Pirate room (not happy) then added a day and ended up in CSR Standard room. Very happy and saved tons of money.

Voted B. Had already booked AoA fam suite w/hoppers during eligible fd week. Called Monday to try and just add fd and there was nothing left at AoA. CM only had All Star Sport 2 rooms - asked her to check mods and was disconnected (this was after being on hold 2 hours). Tried calling back, on hold an hour and had to hang up. Got online early the next day and 2 rooms at Pop were available with FD so I booked that rez. When phones opened I called, waited an hour on hold and got a nice CM who said still no rooms at AoA and nothing at CSR (what I really wanted from the very beginning) or CBR. Had her cancel the AoA - she made note on my Pop ressies to do adjoining rooms and said it was guaranteed due to my fam size and kids ages. Still checking in here and there for CSR or even CB - seen a few posts getting pirate rooms but so far nada for me. I really should not complain, Pop actually saves us some money and since we really want to go to MNSSHP, we just put the difference we would pay on the mod towards that. Now I just need that darn BOG dinner rez to become available!

We had POR booked but switched to CSR to get free dining, which we were prepared to do, so we were excited to get everything we wanted. We are surprising the kids with a scavenger hunt next week for the big reveal! With free dining we saved $900 but it would have been more if we didn't have to do park hopper which we won't use.

I voted "b" We were originally booked at CBR standard view, but had to switch to POR Garden view to get FD. Didn't have to move our dates which was good, but we've already done POR so I'm a little bummed we couldn't do CBR since that's the only mod we haven't stayed at before. But we'll be at Disney sooooo Totally good there :)

I voted B but in essence it could be A - I was torn between WL and one day longer at CSR business class. At the time I was leaning towards WL but couldn't get it with FD but did get CSR business class - so I guess decision was made for me and now excited to move to the next planning stage! Extra day will allow for a slower pace and an extra TS meal which is one of our favorite parts of the trip - all without having to worry about what two steak loving teen boys will want to order!

Got CBR Pirate room. Was booked at PORFQ but that wasn't on the list. Was told we had to book a Pirate room and that Standard rooms at CBR are not included in the promotion (is that true?). Did not have to change dates and saved +$700 for 3 of us.

I chose B but am somewhere between A & B. We wanted a standard room at CSR, and ended up with a preferred room instead. We still saved $800. I know a lot of people didn't have luck with their TAs getting free dining, but mine did a better job than I could get on my own. I looked at 6:15 and all I could find for a mod for those dates was a royal water view room at POR. We're now really excited for our first trip to the world!

Voted B, but could have voted A. Did not get the room category, but it's such a minor thing.

I voted "A", we got a standard room at CBR for the dates we wanted! We are traveling with friends who were also able to get the same thing. I guess it depends on your dates.

I voted "A", we got a standard room at CBR for the dates we wanted! We are traveling with friends who were also able to get the same thing. I guess it depends on your dates.

I am just curious what your dates are. Also, were you already pre-booked in a standard?

When people say they saved money, do you mean because you were paying for dining originally or is it savings on the resort because you switched? Just curious : )

Our dates are 9/16-9/22, and we were not pre-booked, just got really lucky! I also booked in the evening (about 5pm CST), so maybe when others who had pre-booked released their standard rooms, they may have become available.

When people say they saved money, do you mean because you were paying for dining originally or is it savings on the resort because you switched? Just curious : )
We always get the dining plan. This is the first time we have gotten it for free. We have gotten a room only discount in the past. For us the free dining saves us more.

Originally I would have been b or c. We got a CBR Pirate Room. I wan't thrilled, but could have lived with it. Stalking Disney this week paid off though. I got exactly what I wanted... POR Preferred Room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter