Free dining and adding someone to my room?

KarenAylwood

<font color=red>It wouldn't be the holidays withou
I started showing DBF all the restaurants my mom and I are planning on going when we go to Disney in Sept and he started asking when it was and if he could come.

Now mind you, he's always been anti- Disney and thinks it's too expensive, wouldn't want to go, blah blah blah. Now he sees all these restaurants and that we're going for free and he's suddenly interested.

If he ended up being able to come and it was after June 4th- would he still be able to get free dining with us? Or what about after July 31st (my date when all money/changes are due)?

It would be like we're just adding him to the room and buying his park tickets so would he still be able to get free dining? :confused3

I believe that it will have to be added by June 4. In addition, there is an upcharge for additional adults in the room (not "juniors" as DCL calls teens). And he will need at least a one day park ticket.

I suppose he could suddenly be 12 years old--same rate for DDP and ticket, but no upcharge for room.

He will also have to check in at the same time as you and your mom do, or the reservation will be modified. This is the new terminology that Disney is highlighting in response to abuse of the FDP.

I had a similar situation for our planned stay in September so this is current

We were going, just the 4 of us, and DS17 wanted his girlfriend to go. So we checked with her parents and the way we did it was to add her to our package, so she's the same as us. Not sure if you want to do that, but that's what we did.

what does the new terminology mean?

also, my advice to the op would be to put your db on the ressie now and you can always remove him later... we're doing something similar w/my nieces... they are 90% sure they'll be joining us, so we put them on... there's no charge to take someone off your ressie!

gigi -

When I spoke with the ressie CM last week, he indicated that the people would be taken OFF - that's what "modified" will mean. I posted on this on another thread. Everyone has to check in at the same time if they are on FDP.The "abuse" could come in if someone on the ressie checked in 2 days later, but their dining credits are all listed on the one card. I could eat off the phantom guests' plan for a couple of days, theoretically....
Glad you put the nieces ON - better ON - than OFF - !!!! Enjoy!!

ah, gotchya! since we're all traveling together, me and dh and four kids aren't a problem...

FWIR: Everyone needs to check-in at the beginning of the trip, and they may want to see everyone in the flesh, due to all the abuse.

I called and asked a similar questing. I have an aunt who wants to come with us, but not for the entire time. First of all, the CM told me that another person can be added to your room up to 5 days before arrival...BUT, you would have to remove them 45 days before. So I would suggest waiting to see if he was actually going to come. Also, everyone on the dining plan MUST be present at check in.

First of all, the CM told me that another person can be added to your room up to 5 days before arrival...BUT, you would have to remove them 45 days before

Is this true during the free dining as well?

Yes, it is, because I am going on the FDP in September. I told the CM that 2 people may be coming, but they just weren't sure yet. He suggested waiting to add them, because I can ADD someone up to 5 days prior to arrival, but if I want to REMOVE someone, it had to be done 45 days prior to arrival.
HTH!

Ladybugsy said:
Yes, it is, because I am going on the FDP in September. I told the CM that 2 people may be coming, but they just weren't sure yet. He suggested waiting to add them, because I can ADD someone up to 5 days prior to arrival, but if I want to REMOVE someone, it had to be done 45 days prior to arrival.
HTH!

So can I assume that this means an additional person could be added shortly before the trip, and still get Free Dining even though the June 4th FDP reservation deadline has ended??

This is contrary to what others have said, so I just wanted to make sure that's what you mean! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter