Free dining and package question

midnight star

DIS Veteran
Quick question. I know Disney will randomly release "free dining". If you already have the dining plan on your package, and then they announce it is offered, can you remove it to get the free dining?

I had a travel agent who did it for me so not sure how hard it was, but we booked with the dining plan and then switched to free dining. We had a family of four staying at pop, all Disney adults with plans to park hop for 6 days (upgrading so we can do the water park), so free dining is clear cut winner on possible deals and I had told my travel agent we wanted that deal. The deal dropped and I emailed my travel agent and she said she knew and had been working on it for a while. At the end of the day, we got the updated statement. Sorry I can’t fill in the actually process but definitely can be done.

It depends on the offer. There are usually only so many rooms with free dining, and also generally require a certain ticket package. The reservation line has been very helpful!

Quick question. I know Disney will randomly release "free dining". If you already have the dining plan on your package, and then they announce it is offered, can you remove it to get the free dining?

It's not automatic. You either have to go online and hope you can just modify your existing reservation or you have to call and hope for that. But more likely, you'll have to rebook your entire package and be refunded your original deposit. It's also highly likely that you will have to change room preference, resort, and maybe even your dates in order to gain that free dining.

And it's not really a "random" drop. It's usually only available in the fall: Sept, some Nov dates, and Dec and has to be booked by some time in July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter