Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
black562 said:
Well friends my results came back. I'm just a broken old man. I have four to six disks with arthritis. A few spurs. I have at least four narrowing disks and one disk with a spinal compression. Now I have to see a neurosurgeon to see what things I can do to help me.

I shouldn't be falling apart so soon. A trip to Disney will mend me...

Wow....that sucks. I thought my back was bad.....you win. Hopefully the neurosurgeon will be able to help you out. Feel better :)

HBGdancermom said:
Hi everyone!!! Just back from a wonderful vacation!!!! We all had the best time and now DH finally understands the Uber planning that I do on the DIS....:rotfl2:

I need to go back now and catch up! I hope everyone with trips coming up is getting excited! IT will be here before you know it.:thumbsup2

I was just thinking about you today! I'm glad you had a great trip. We leave tomorrow! !:)

Well after a year of planning I'm finally going to Disney tomorrow! Thank you everyone who helped me plan and save money. You all are wonderful! I'd be lost without my DIS family :) When this trips over ill be planning our 2015 trip.

Well after a year of planning I'm finally going to Disney tomorrow! Thank you everyone who helped me plan and save money. You all are wonderful! I'd be lost without my DIS family :) When this trips over ill be planning our 2015 trip.

Have a great time

YAY!!:cool1::cool1: I will be right behind you and be there on Sunday. See you there.:banana::banana:

Car seat: Bring hers if you wish or buy a cheaper one (Cosco brand). I applaud you for bringing it on the plane as so many check them as luggage. It's a pain to lug around, but so worth it b/c you know where it's been and how it's been handled AND your daughter is more likely to be more comfortable in her own seat :thumbsup2. We use the Evenflo Maestro in DH's car and it also doubles as our travel seat b/c it's so lightweight. DS's main ride is the Graco Nautilus. That would be a BEAST to travel with!!

I use a luggage cart to transport it thru the airport. :)

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure you can gate-check a carseat... take it to the gate with you and tell them to gate check it. They put it on by hand "last" and then put it back up on the jetway for you when you get off. It misses a lot of the "handling" of luggage that causes so much damage.

The pop up hamper is a must on any trip. Last time I took the all in one laundry sheets and loved them. Will take those again.

I read somebody else suggesting taking laundry soap and a dryer sheet... wish I had thought of that, instead of spending more $ for soap from the dispenser. (not that it's terrible, but I'd rather spend it some other way :-)

Well friends my results came back. I'm just a broken old man. I have four to six disks with arthritis. A few spurs. I have at least four narrowing disks and one disk with a spinal compression. Now I have to see a neurosurgeon to see what things I can do to help me.

I shouldn't be falling apart so soon. A trip to Disney will mend me...

Saying a prayer for you...

I'm sure a Disney stay would help :-)

Have a wonderful time!!!!! When you get back we can plan 2015 together. Lol

Sorry I've not gotten a "trip report" done... it's amazing how fast life intrudes once you're back in the real word, but with lots of people leaving, did want to get one suggestion in that we found this last trip.

If you are looking for a good spot to watch Epcot's Illuminations, try over next to the bathrooms at the Odyssey "restaurant" (which is only used for special functions and things now, I think). Kind of on the walkway from Mexico to Test Track.

Anyway, we wound up over there one night with a gentleman who struck up a conversation with it. He was encyclopedic on his knowledge of the parks (would fit right in here) and vouched for our decision. Stand on the walkway across from the bathrooms, 4-6 feet from the "corner". If you aren't in the right place, as soon as it starts you'll see and can scoot over.

It wasn't crowded and you can see well, even the "globe". We staked out a piece of planter to sit on before hand, I went over and picked up quick service from the Mexican area (whatever that new eatery is called there), and "borrowed" the tray to take back over. We ate, watched the fireworks, then I took the tray back.

After that, it's an easy shot out of the park if you're ready to leave.

Seems like these were popular with some of you folks/your kids... I'm not sure I fully understand them yet, but thought you guys might enjoy the article (which besides the media "alarmist" part, also has some background on the man and wife who started them)

http://smallbusiness.foxbusiness.com/entrepreneurs/2013/10/25/will-school-bans-kill-one-2013s-hottest-toys/?intcmp=sbcfeatures

Very interesting! My DD has slowed down a bit with the interest. I still think it is a good alternative to electronics.

Thanks for sharing!! :-)

bdillahu said:
Sorry I've not gotten a "trip report" done... it's amazing how fast life intrudes once you're back in the real word, but with lots of people leaving, did want to get one suggestion in that we found this last trip.

If you are looking for a good spot to watch Epcot's Illuminations, try over next to the bathrooms at the Odyssey "restaurant" (which is only used for special functions and things now, I think). Kind of on the walkway from Mexico to Test Track.

Anyway, we wound up over there one night with a gentleman who struck up a conversation with it. He was encyclopedic on his knowledge of the parks (would fit right in here) and vouched for our decision. Stand on the walkway across from the bathrooms, 4-6 feet from the "corner". If you aren't in the right place, as soon as it starts you'll see and can scoot over.

It wasn't crowded and you can see well, even the "globe". We staked out a piece of planter to sit on before hand, I went over and picked up quick service from the Mexican area (whatever that new eatery is called there), and "borrowed" the tray to take back over. We ate, watched the fireworks, then I took the tray back.

Outstanding!! Thank you!

We've watched Illuminations from almost every country in the "world", but had not even thought of your spot, thanks! We do like to head out after the show, so that spot would be great for us!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter