Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that aym4Him has posted quite a bit in this thread. She is part of the November trip group (and i believe the trip was a WISH for her son) and just shared some horrible information with us. She stated we could send out a little message to the other threads she follows.

She lost her husband.

Please send your prayers to her and her son.

I misspoke. Her son's first trip was a WISH trip.
In any case, please send out good thoughts to her and her family. Thank you.

What would be the ideal time in 2014 to book a trip, if i wanted to fall under the free dining promotion?

I know nothing has been released and won't be for some time, but i'd like to book my trip now. How does Sept 10-15th sound when going off of Disney's history of the FDP?

September is best bet and those dates look good.

I noticed that aym4Him has posted quite a bit in this thread. She is part of the November trip group (and i believe the trip was a WISH for her son) and just shared some horrible information with us. She stated we could send out a little message to the other threads she follows.

She lost her husband.

I am speechless and heartbroken. Thank you so much for sharing. She is a big part of this thread and to think of all the pain she is in is unbearable. Many prayers today and everyday for her and her son.

Thank you for the response. Wondering if we are still able to pull legacy FPs, if I should change some of my FP+ choices to those that are exclusively +. Decisions.

I will tell you a mistake we made. We booked a FP+ for Fantasmic and went in last night during our fast pass time only to find out that there is no longer reserved seating for FP+ for Fantasmic. They just have you sit in any general seating that is open. When we asked where the FP+ reserved seating was they just said that they don't have it anymore and FP+ just gets you in quicker. In our case it was slower than the standby line since we had to stop to scan our bands twice!

She lost her husband.

Oh my gosh that is terrible news. Prayers go out to her and her son during this time.:littleangel:

Probably not, but keep on top of it. The whole system seems incredibly slow right now. We chose to download our pictures, but about 100 of them didn't get included. It took us several sessions with the help desk to get it fixed -so double check that you have all your photos when you get the CD. When we called this morning, shortly after opening, the recording said that it might be around 30 minutes before we would be able to speak with someone. I suspect we aren't the only ones with PP+ struggles.

I know the feeling! I'm starting to dream of a Aluani trip and trying to plot a way to make it happen. ;)

Aluani sounds fabulous!!:cool1:

9 days woohoo luggage is out last years magical express tickets cut off and new ones going on today

:banana::banana:

Thanks so much guys!!! Now that Ive got everything else planned, Im even looking ahead to what snacks I wanna try. My husband says I have a problem! LOL I know ya'll will understand! I was struggling to know if I wanted a pumpkin funnel cake, or caramel corn from Germany. Now I know! OOP for funnel cake, and popcorn with my credit for later!!! :thumbsup2

Any other must try snacks in Epcot?

I don't know if it is a snack credit but the Ravioli in Italy is the best I have ever had!!!!!:cool1:

She lost her husband.

That is awful!!!! Prayers for you and your family Aym4him.:worried:

Does anyone have any advice for trimming the magic bands? Trying to get brave enough to cut it down!

This falls under the "whole lot more" portion of the thread title :rotfl:
1. We are staying at AOA and I have read that I can get milk at the resort but not bread. So I was thinking about packing a loaf or two in my checked bag. My hubbie is a packaging supervisor so he has lots of different size boxes and bubble wrap so do you think it would survive? :lmao: Anyone try this?
2. While starting the packing process I can't decide how many pairs of p.j.s to pack the kids ds 6, dd 3, dd 18 months. At home we usually change them every night or every other night. We are staying for 7 nights and I really do not want to do laundry but 7 pairs each seems like a lot! So how do you decide?

Thanks for any advice! Only 13 days left to worry and drive my family crazy with all these silly details :dance3:

Does anyone have any advice for trimming the magic bands? Trying to get brave enough to cut it down!

pull off the gray part, you have to use some force to get it off. We were afraid to do it before we left home but decided to try it while we waited in line 45 minutes for the DME. Fit the kids much better.

Maybe some good news for some. The new dining cancellation policy ($10 fee per person if reservation not cancelled day before for ALL TS restaurants) that was supposed to go in to effect tomorrow is being delay. No word on when it will start.:)

Is fastpasses available during the entire Halloween and Christmas parties or only until 7? I have fastpass plus set up but will it work if I didn't use magic band to get in? And can you get paper passes with party card or only key card? I am so confused....

She lost her husband.

That is such terrible news. I send love and prayers for both her and her son. What a devastating loss for them both.

She was so looking forward to her upcoming trip.

Xo

She lost her husband.

My thoughts are with you and yours, aymHim...

Wendy

Is fastpasses available during the entire Halloween and Christmas parties or only until 7? I have fastpass plus set up but will it work if I didn't use magic band to get in? And can you get paper passes with party card or only key card? I am so confused....

No FPs of any type are available during the parties, I don't think, but there's so much other stuff going on there's usually little wait for rides...

Is there a concierge at Pop who can help with dining reservations while we are down there or am I going to have to call ? Having a hard time with error messages on the website. I hate calling.

She lost her husband.

Sending out thoughts to her family.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to those who have showed their support for me and my family. This was so sudden...so tragic and we are so heartbroken. The only good thing I am taking away from this is that he went ever so peacefully. We had no warning signs. He did his normal routine the night before (2 mile walk, laundry, made his lunch for the next day, and laid his clothes out). I had no idea that when we said goodnight it would be the last time we'd speak.

We talked about our trip and what we were going to do...he couldn't wait to surprise Ethan and try and coax him to do Jedi Training Academy (he declared "OH, he WILL do it!"). We talked about going to DTD for the first time and going to Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express. We were just so excited to go and he really was ready for a vacation.

We truly covet your prayers. I just don't know where this road is going to take us but I despise it all right now. I'm trying to trust in the Lord. I know Dillon didn't suffer and he went the way I think we'd all love to go. It's just so sad that it happened so young. He was just 39.

We are numb but we are making it. DS went to school and we are doing the Halloween thing, just like we'd planned. Dillon's service is Monday. We will have visitation Sunday and I just dread it all. He has soccer on Saturday and a bday party to go to so we are allowing for that so he can have as much normal as possible.

Thank you all so much.

Amy

So was anybody at HS today at the Indiana Jones show at 4:00? If you were, that was my husband up on stage who acted out the dying scene as one of the extras lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter