Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must...Go....To....Bed.... FP+ is killing me. I don't know what to pick, Im having a hard time making sure nothing conflicts with dining or parades and entertainment. Would any of you lovely people who just came back and are itching to plan like to make my FP selections! LOL. Just kidding.... kinda......

aym4Him said:
Hey guys,

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to those who have showed their support for me and my family. This was so sudden...so tragic and we are so heartbroken. The only good thing I am taking away from this is that he went ever so peacefully. We had no warning signs. He did his normal routine the night before (2 mile walk, laundry, made his lunch for the next day, and laid his clothes out). I had no idea that when we said goodnight it would be the last time we'd speak.

We talked about our trip and what we were going to do...he couldn't wait to surprise Ethan and try and coax him to do Jedi Training Academy (he declared "OH, he WILL do it!"). We talked about going to DTD for the first time and going to Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express. We were just so excited to go and he really was ready for a vacation.

We truly covet your prayers. I just don't know where this road is going to take us but I despise it all right now. I'm trying to trust in the Lord. I know Dillon didn't suffer and he went the way I think we'd all love to go. It's just so sad that it happened so young. He was just 39.

We are numb but we are making it. DS went to school and we are doing the Halloween thing, just like we'd planned. Dillon's service is Monday. We will have visitation Sunday and I just dread it all. He has soccer on Saturday and a bday party to go to so we are allowing for that so he can have as much normal as possible.

Thank you all so much.

Amy

Many thoughts and prayers for you.

Many thoughts and prayers for you.

Thank you!!

Also, please don't feel like I'm going to think I'm being ignored with all the trip planning going on around me. I hated to jump in the middle of the thread and be a downer but I also wanted to let you guys know because, even though we've never met, I need all the support I can get.

I know there are many who have read but aren't sure what to say. That's ok! Just keep us in your prayers and that's good enough for me!!

Ok. Get back to your regularly scheduled programming...

:)

Hey guys,

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to those who have showed their support for me and my family. This was so sudden...so tragic and we are so heartbroken. The only good thing I am taking away from this is that he went ever so peacefully. We had no warning signs. He did his normal routine the night before (2 mile walk, laundry, made his lunch for the next day, and laid his clothes out). I had no idea that when we said goodnight it would be the last time we'd speak.

We talked about our trip and what we were going to do...he couldn't wait to surprise Ethan and try and coax him to do Jedi Training Academy (he declared "OH, he WILL do it!"). We talked about going to DTD for the first time and going to Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express. We were just so excited to go and he really was ready for a vacation.

We truly covet your prayers. I just don't know where this road is going to take us but I despise it all right now. I'm trying to trust in the Lord. I know Dillon didn't suffer and he went the way I think we'd all love to go. It's just so sad that it happened so young. He was just 39.

We are numb but we are making it. DS went to school and we are doing the Halloween thing, just like we'd planned. Dillon's service is Monday. We will have visitation Sunday and I just dread it all. He has soccer on Saturday and a bday party to go to so we are allowing for that so he can have as much normal as possible.

Thank you all so much.

Amy

Thank you!!

Also, please don't feel like I'm going to think I'm being ignored with all the trip planning going on around me. I hated to jump in the middle of the thread and be a downer but I also wanted to let you guys know because, even though we've never met, I need all the support I can get.

I know there are many who have read but aren't sure what to say. That's ok! Just keep us in your prayers and that's good enough for me!!

Ok. Get back to your regularly scheduled programming...

:)

Talking, okay writing, helps. Please feel free to talk about anything...we are a whole lot more.

Continued prayers for you and may the peace that surpasses all understanding come upon you to get you through.:grouphug:

Disney just released deeper discounts for the current Stay Play Dine promo! Don't have any more details, does anybody else?????:cool1:

Hey guys,

Thank you all so much.

Amy

My heart broke when I heard the news. It sounds like you are staying strong for DS. But please make sure you take care of yourself too. Prayers for you all.

Hey guys,

Thank you all so much.

Amy

Amy I am so sorry to hear about your husband, it is always so hard to lose a loved one, especially so suddenly. Just know you both now have a guardian angel watching down on you. I know we have never met but you are part of this big Disney family and anything you need please just ask. You and your son are in my thoughts and prayers. Love goes out to both of you during this difficult time :littleangel:

Ok, let's take a shot at this.

Disney has released a brand new special discount for early 2014. The promo is called the "Intro to Disney" offer and is specifically targeted at first time visitors, but available to anyone.

This special offer includes room, tickets and a dining plan, for stays most nights January 5, 2014 through March 5, 2014. Offer excludes campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Disneys Art of Animation Resort and The Villas at Disneys Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

This offer appears to be a better deal for value resorts between January 5 and February 12, 2014. For other resorts and dates, the promo is the same as the current stay/play/dine offer.

7ea16050-0a7b-431f-8f07-9c827fb86f3c.jpg~original

Hey guys,

Thank you all so much.

Amy

condolences on your loss.

Hey guys,

Thank you all so much.

Amy

I am praying that you will be given the strength to get through the coming days. I am so extremely sorry for your loss.

My question is for Black, I know there is a bounceback offer for the dates of August 20 , (I think) for free dining at that time do you think free dinning will come back the last two weeks of August my dates are Aug 15-29 , my dates are flexible.... what is your honest opinion?

My question is for Black, I know there is a bounceback offer for the dates of August 20 , (I think) for free dining at that time do you think free dinning will come back the last two weeks of August my dates are Aug 15-29 , my dates are flexible.... what is your honest opinion?

I think the free dining public offer will still be restricted to September, very similar to this year. I believe Disney is pulling back as much as they can, still knowing they must discount deeper during this time I. September but no more than they have to.

If bookings are way down more than usual, there's always the possibility of doing it longer. But I believe they won't do it a day more than they feel like they need to.

I just finished a magazine article on this very topic which will be released tomorrow.

Here's hoping for the best.

Hey guys,

Thank you all so much.

Amy
I am soooo very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you and your son are going through. Please know that there are people praying for strength and peace to carry you through. I wish I could reach out and give you a big hug. I am so very sorry.

Omg....I so need a foot massage when I get home.....although I hate when my feet are touched lol I have to dig in my closet to see if I still have my foot messager. Hot water and epsom salt....my feet are killing me and we still have 1 more day at MK.

Hey guys,

Thank you all so much.

Amy
I don't post much even though I read the boards daily. My heart goes out to you and there is power in prayer so I am praying for you. Please remember these words of comfort "It was then I carried you" and know that HE is always with us even in our darkest hour.
Prayers for you to have strength this weekend and going forward...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter