Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
glad we went last month before the tiered FP+ was going on. and nice to be able to pull FP- using our KTTW cards; we didn't do it alot but a few times. Will be interesting to watch and see how FP+ (and Free Dining) play out in the future.

I know! I think too it will be interesting to see how this FP+ works out. If fast passes are running out before non-property staying guests even arrive, then that sounds like there is a problem with the system. This is happening during "low" crowd season, so I can't imagine what it would be like during the busy season. And free dining is always a roller coaster ride! We'll just have to wait and see...popcorn::

As far as character meals, i can also recommend Chef Mickey if he is more outgoing, or Cape May Cafe for their character breakfast, which is a little more subdued. I've never done Hollywood and Vine, my kids just aren't into those characters, but I do believe it is just one dining credit. My sister's favorite character buffet's are Tusker House and Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. It really just depends what you are looking for and what characters he likes. I am trying both of these this time. But you really can't go wrong with any. : )

I'll also agree with Crystal Palace... the Pooh characters have to be a favorite with all kids, don't they? :-)

sure appreciate all the expertise here regarding discounts. My family won't be able to afford to go back for 4 years. The kids will be older,don't think that we will be doing character meals anymore. Will be staying at a Value, hope for Free QS plan but for now am using the current SPD discount so I can figure out how much money I need to save. Actually looking forward to not being tied to ADRs anymore.

I know everybody's different, but we have only come into the character meals as the child is older... we have a young teen and the two of us adults, and we enjoy them still :-)

For dinner for two me and my wife went to yachtsman steakhouse and it was excellent. I had the porterhouse and it was best steak I've ever had, cut it with a fork melt in your mouth.

Last night at yachtsman we had the ny strip in peppercorn brandy sauce and it just melted in my mouth . Best dinner here so far. We didnt like shulas my steak was rubber there and I don like to complain so I just left it over But yachtsman is well worth it

I heard that.

Let's see. For a two year old. Hmmm

Character experiences abound here. Everything from 1900 Park Fare, Cinderella's Royal Table and Chef Mickeys.

As for free dining, time will tell. Of course you've heard that Disney had one of the most successful years ever with a big increase in revenues. The future of promotions all depend on how rooms sell, along with competition factors such as the new Harry Potter opening and Universals new value resort. Sea World also had a big year as well.

We got 30 percent bb I'm happy with that. We will buy our meals the discount more then makes up for it

...apply to the Disney Mom's Panel. (This does not turn out the way I hoped, but it did end on a positive note...)

It was the last day to apply and I had almost missed it because we were leaving for Disney the next day. I read the questions and they seemed so fun to answer so I did and I never expected to hear anything back. I was shocked when I made it to the next round. Disney made it very clear that they would be unable to send notices to those who did not make it to the final round, so yesterday when I looked at my email and the very first one said Disney Mom's Panel, the adrenaline started to rush. Let's just say, Disney has a magical way of delivering bad news. They just wanted to let me know that as a first time applicant how close I was and that this years applicants were the best they ever had and that most apply more than once before being chosen and that they did want this to discourage me from applying again.

They gave me some really nice compliments and that made the whole experience worth while and magical since I never even thought of applying before and then not expecting anything. Luckily I get to talk Disney with all of you everyday! I sure would have enjoyed that FREE Disney trip though...:rotfl:

Thank you all for all the fun we have here!!!!party:

CONGRATULATIONS ... even if they didn't choose you this time keep trying. :cheer2:

I'm also very shy but have to be outgoing for my work so I know what it is like to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. You will be great when you get on the Mom's Panel since you have been so positive and helpful on these threads.

Thanks to Joe too for these threads and making them such a positive experience! No matter what other threads I read I always come back to these ones ... love everyone on here and their positive outlook. You all feel like family! :grouphug:

CONGRATULATIONS ... even if they didn't choose you this time keep trying. :cheer2:

I'm also very shy but have to be outgoing for my work so I know what it is like to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. You will be great when you get on the Mom's Panel since you have been so positive and helpful on these threads.

Thanks to Joe too for these threads and making them such a positive experience! No matter what other threads I read I always come back to these ones ... love everyone on here and their positive outlook. You all feel like family! :grouphug:
Awww that is so nice of you to say, thank you! Feel the same about all of you; otherwise I could have never shared my "bad" news. Hope you all stick around for more fun times!;)

Wasn't this discussed during one of our late night group chats? And wasn't Ronald involved in these discussions? :scared1:

Hmmmm...YES! And I am still waiting...:faint:
Otherwise, what would 52 time share weeks divided by 1.8 million be???:hyper:

Do you need to be a prior visitor before you get a code?

If you are speaking about the PIN codes that come out by snail mail and email from Disney Destinations, then not necessarily. Do make sure you are registered with them and even Walt Disney World (or updating info if you have not done so recently). The codes are very random and as far as anyone can tell, there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets one. There is also another way to get one, one can be attached to your name, husbands name or anyone traveling with you currently or in the past. One can call Disney reservations and just ask if a PIN is attached to your name or anyone's name in your traveling party. :goodvibes Joe knows more, he has another thread on this as there has been a PIN code for free dining going around. Good luck!
Here's the link:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3181159

Some have even suggested going online at WDW.com and creating a vacation package and putting it in your cart AND/OR to call Disney reservations and book a package (putting it on 7 day hold instead of $200 deposit), to help trigger a PIN code.

Do you need to be a prior visitor before you get a code?

my sister got the FD PIN we used last month; she does do anything with the WDW site but does have a disneystore.com account. We only found out about the PIN when I called to ask if I had one and then asked about her.

The one I found most interesting is that my brother in law got the FD PIN via snail mail. He has no accounts at all with Disney but has an ESPN.com account.

plutospalforever said:
...apply to the Disney Mom's Panel. (This does not turn out the way I hoped, but it did end on a positive note...)

It was the last day to apply and I had almost missed it because we were leaving for Disney the next day. I read the questions and they seemed so fun to answer so I did and I never expected to hear anything back. I was shocked when I made it to the next round. Disney made it very clear that they would be unable to send notices to those who did not make it to the final round, so yesterday when I looked at my email and the very first one said Disney Mom's Panel, the adrenaline started to rush. Let's just say, Disney has a magical way of delivering bad news. They just wanted to let me know that as a first time applicant how close I was and that this years applicants were the best they ever had and that most apply more than once before being chosen and that they did want this to discourage me from applying again.

They gave me some really nice compliments and that made the whole experience worth while and magical since I never even thought of applying before and then not expecting anything. Luckily I get to talk Disney with all of you everyday! I sure would have enjoyed that FREE Disney trip though...:rotfl:

Thank you all for all the fun we have here!!!!party:

That's awesome! Congratulations! I didn't realize that was actually through Disney. I thought it was just started by moms who were Disney fans. How do you apply to that??

my sister got the FD PIN we used last month; she does do anything with the WDW site but does have a disneystore.com account. We only found out about the PIN when I called to ask if I had one and then asked about her.

The one I found most interesting is that my brother in law got the FD PIN via snail mail. He has no accounts at all with Disney but has an ESPN.com account.
It's interesting (or sad) that your whole family got one and the TRUE Disney fan did not. Crazy how that works!:upsidedow

That's awesome! Congratulations! I didn't realize that was actually through Disney. I thought it was just started by moms who were Disney fans. How do you apply to that??

Thanks, Kat! The application process starts in mid-September, this year it was Sept 14-19 I believe. Different Disney blogging sites usually announce when it is live; I'll let ya now when next year's comes around; we can do it together. Anybody else want to join us???:grouphug:

Awww thanks!!!

Thank you and it's because of folks like yourself that I stuck around.:goodvibes

it sure is nice to be able to come here and connect with the group here, I feel like I have been a part of it since last March/April. It's especially nice as I know we won't be going back for years and my family doesn't get how depressing that is. I miss the planning and anticipation.

I know exactly how you feel!:grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Congrats. I know it can be hard to overcome a case of shy. Hope you do try again. Being on the dis has made me the go to Disney person around my neck of the woods and I owe it all to the great people I've met here on the boards.

plutospalforever said:
It's interesting (or sad) that your whole family got one and the TRUE Disney fan did not. Crazy how that works!:upsidedow

Thanks, Kat! The application process starts in mid-September, this year it was Sept 14-19 I believe. Different Disney blogging sites usually announce when it is live; I'll let ya now when next year's comes around; we can do it together. Anybody else want to join us???:grouphug:

Sounds perfect....I'm in!!!

When Black started these series of threads, in his very first post, he emphasized the hope that we all could express ourselves positively and leave the negativity behind. We all have read or been a part of the less desirable side of Dis and it can be intimidating. I actually first became a part of Dis in 2008 but did not post much and even left for a couple of years because of the negativity. I found my way back, and almost left again, until Joe started these threads and set the tone for a safe haven to talk Disney. Professionally I have to be outgoing, but personally I am shy and he encouraged me and gave me the confidence to post and to...

First of all, congrats on being brave enough to give this a go. You really have been very helpful, and I think you'd be a great addition to the moms panel. Apply again :)

Second, I TOTALLY agree about this thread being remarkably positive. I am new to the boards this year and there are a few threads I come back to time and again , including this one , to help me feel excited and happy about our trip, rather than the fear based, self centered craziness that is found elsewhere on these boards. Thank you all for being so fun and helpful and refreshing :). You have the Disney spirit!!

15 more hours and the trip is finally here!!! Now if my kids would just go to sleep... ;)

We are already saving for our next trip. Hoping to rent some points for the Wilderness Lodge villas. It only averages to about $215/night during October next year. Here's to hoping!!!

Thank to Black and the Gang for such an informative thread. Lots of fun here!

I know exactly how you feel!:grouphug:

Congrats. I know it can be hard to overcome a case of shy. Hope you do try again. Being on the dis has made me the go to Disney person around my neck of the woods and I owe it all to the great people I've met here on the boards.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! Ya wanna apply next year with Kat and I???:cheer2:

First of all, congrats on being brave enough to give this a go. You really have been very helpful, and I think you'd be a great addition to the moms panel. Apply again :)

Second, I TOTALLY agree about this thread being remarkably positive. I am new to the boards this year and there are a few threads I come back to time and again , including this one , to help me feel excited and happy about our trip, rather than the fear based, self centered craziness that is found elsewhere on these boards. Thank you all for being so fun and helpful and refreshing :). You have the Disney spirit!!

15 more hours and the trip is finally here!!! Now if my kids would just go to sleep... ;)
First, Thank you!!! This whole thread is what Disney and Dis should all be about; thanks to all of you for having the true Disney spirit!!!

Second, OMGosh!!!! You are leaving for Disney TODAY!!!!!party:party:party:

We are already saving for our next trip. Hoping to rent some points for the Wilderness Lodge villas. It only averages to about $215/night during October next year. Here's to hoping!!!

Wow! That sounds like a great price! How many can those sleep? I am nervous about doing this, so please keep us updated on the process and your experience.:goodvibes

martiniglassesforme said:

I was looking at staying at aoa in 2015. Right now the rooms are $329/night and that's a value. Howd you find WL for $215???? I'd rather stay there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter