• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know any good apps for Disney world? So far I have 2 Disney World Wait Time apps plus Mouse wait, Disneyworld by Undercover Tourist, Theme Park Detective, Disneyworld Fun facts, WDW Secrets Gold 2.0, Twiz Transportation Wizard, My Disney Experience, Touring Plans Menus & Touring Plans Lines and Disney World Countdown.

Hypothetical example:

I book a week trip before free dining is announced.

Free dining is announced and my week is within the promotion.

Question:

Are there only a certain amount of rooms reserved for free dining at each resort?

If so is it possible that people fill up those slots ahead of me and I might not be able to upgrade once opened to general public?

I noticed Black hasn't been around for a bit. Isn't he the one that usually gives us a heads up on free dining?

Does anyone know any good apps for Disney world? So far I have 2 Disney World Wait Time apps plus Mouse wait, Disneyworld by Undercover Tourist, Theme Park Detective, Disneyworld Fun facts, WDW Secrets Gold 2.0, Twiz Transportation Wizard, My Disney Experience, Touring Plans Menus & Touring Plans Lines and Disney World Countdown.

What does this have to do with free dining?

What does this have to do with free dining?
Im sorry, you must not have read what I said when I created this thread "Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)" but I created it for anyone to be able to ask anything they wanted, hence the (and a whole lot more).

Well, you started this thread in the Dining Plan forum, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to then say, "This thread is for whatever you want to discuss, whether it has anything to do with the dining plan (or free dining) or not." This is the Dining Plan forum, it's for threads about the dining plan.

Well, you started this thread in the Dining Plan forum, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to then say, "This thread is for whatever you want to discuss, whether it has anything to do with the dining plan (or free dining) or not." This is the Dining Plan forum, it's for threads about the dining plan.
Dont know what to tell you. Thats where it is. Thats where the other ones just like it have always been. Thats where it will continue to be.

Sadly, it looks like Black's last post was April 2014 (under that name). I kind of remember their were a lot of people giving him grief last year and being very unkind. He started getting a little disillusioned and spoke of taking time off. Sad not to have his insight anymore. Hopefully he comes back. He is missed.

Exactly luvmylatte. We all wanted his insight but when anything he said wasn't 100% spot on he seemed to catch a lot of flack. Hope someone with some insight decides to share :flower3:

Yes, I think that Black is taking a hiatus. He has been extremely helpful over the years. He would look at some other sites around the world to get a sense of the timing, dates, excluded resorts. He was very accurate for many years. It seemed like the last couple years, he took more and more flack when things weren't exactly as he predicted. (From some of his posts, I even think that he might have taken some heat from Disney itself, but that is a hunch). He has a nice Facebook page now. Sad that folks get so heated on these boards, particularly when others are just trying to he helpful.

Does anyone know the app. $ difference between the dining plan and deluxe dining plan if I were to hopefully get fd at a mod. upgrade ?

Yes, I think that Black is taking a hiatus. He has been extremely helpful over the years. He would look at some other sites around the world to get a sense of the timing, dates, excluded resorts. He was very accurate for many years. It seemed like the last couple years, he took more and more flack when things weren't exactly as he predicted. (From some of his posts, I even think that he might have taken some heat from Disney itself, but that is a hunch). He has a nice Facebook page now. Sad that folks get so heated on these boards, particularly when others are just trying to he helpful.
and he is not the only person who left the DIS boards because they were "attacked" when FD did not drop on the predicted day, or the FD dates were off by a few days. For the most part the information was pretty close to spot on, but that was not good enough for some people. too bad this minority ruined it for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter