Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it bedtime yet? This is going to be a LONG night. I am hoping that the rumor is true, and hopefully starts on 8/15 for POR which is what I have now. I will be online and ready at 7AM though.

Who's with me?

You must have the card in hand. They won't give you the number over the phone.

Ok.. if I can't fast track a card, can I have a family member pay for the trip and me pay them back - or would they need to be travelling with me? (I'm sure I already know the answer, but I gotta ask :) ).

Roll Call: Sept 19th - Sept 26th.
We are 5 (2 adults and 3 kids)
First Choice POR but 2nd would be CBR!!!!!!!! EEEEKKK!!!!!! So exciting!!!!

Looking forward to free dining being released.
Roll Call: 9/5 - 9/12 CSR

My family of 5 and my parents are going to celebrate my DD turning 13. You gotta love a kid who looks at you and says, "I would really like to spend my first few days as a teen on Disney property." How could I say no to that?

I think if that was the case, you might be better off taking a room only discount and paying for your quick service meals or the quick service dining plan and forgo the FD promo?

Oh, ok, good point. Thanks! I really need to sit down and price every option out....just in case.

Figures as I am booked to arrive on 11/20 grrrrrrrrrrr

I would have to come a day early with my 4th grader and the rest of the fam would have to come the 20th.

$200 change air fee and then an extra hotel night
We were booked the 21st, but we are switching to the 19th, we were driving, but now just having DD and her BF fly Friday night to meet us.

My friends went that week last year and said that it rained way to much. What did you think?

We went this week and didn't mind the heat but I guess we are used to it in MO? As for the rain we have little ones that napped in the afternoon which seemed to be the popular time for rain. So it didn't affect us much. We had ponchos and stroller rain cover. Most of the lines are covered as well.

I know this was kind of asked days ago, but I can't find the answer.

Is there any downside to booking online rather than waiting for the phone lines to open?

Two years ago I waited on hold for 2 hours to change my booking to free dining. I gave up and made a new booking with free dining and then cancelled my old reservation and everything worked out great.

This year is different as I don't have an existing reservation yet, I will just be making a new reservation. Am I missing the benefit to doing the reservation by phone?

Thanks!!! :)

Good luck to all of us!!!

I would try online if the offer is up before 7am. Downside is that their system is glitchy. But if you can get what u need online then do it!

You TA is wrong on this. Are they really a certified disney travel agent? Not trying to be mean, but they should know that the two do not effect each other. Others will not be having their dining reservations released either. You may see some things open up if people switch around dates to fit in with free dining, but more people will potentially book too.

Again not trying to sound mean, I just don't like people giving out wrong advice that could mess things up for you. I would get them if you have a disney visa to resolve things for you in order to secure free dining at the hotel you want. I'm always of the opinion of doing things right away rather then waiting and potentially if free dining is best for you having to switch resorts to take advantage of it.

Agree with this. We used AAA last year and it seemed to be the same way.

Roll Call:
Going Aug 30-Sept 5 with my wife, mother-in-law and 13 month old baby girl. Probably staying in either Coronado Springs or Wilderness Lodge. Just trying to decide if the extra couple hundred is worth the upgrade to the deluxe

I think the boat to MK and the small size of the resort is worth it!

Nov 14-21st torn between POR and CBR. I want CBR, husband loved POR. We need one or the other because we have 5. Might have to just keep our POR reservation without free dining if neither are offered. Or, we'll be paying a lot more for Wilderness Lodge.

The only rooms at WL that sleep 5 are deluxe club level and studio villas (and 2 bedroom villas).

If Movies is excluded, I'm glad we switched hotels then. We were originally booked for AS Movies (loved it in 2013), but decided to make the switch to AS Sports since movies seems to be excluded from discounts lately. I'm now trying to come up with a plan B and C in case I can't get FD at AS sports.

If we move up to a moderate, we can still get the QSDP free, right? I know the TSDP is a better deal, but we still might go with QS (we like the freedom it brings rather than planning around dinner reservations).

Our concierge at GF told us some CS will take the T'S credits and some wont.

REALLY?! Oh, my. I think I'll apply, then! Maybe I should make sure he won't have a cussin' fit first. Or maybe I'll just do it and deal with the cussin' fit later. :rolleyes1

I am also a SAHM and I have one. ;) But if DH didn't want me to have one I wouldn't get it. I'm old fashioned like that.

Last year the garden Wing at CR was excluded and that is where I am now booked

popcorn::

Roll Call:
POR 10/4-10/17

If the offer comes out and includes POR, I might have to move my reservation up 2 days. Doing so would be worth it considering the length of our stay.

fingers crossed :yay:

From what i am reading here...are the dates going to be released on Monday, the 27th, or am i reading it wrong?
Well, the speculation is that Monday, the 27th will be released for Disney Visa holders. It is speculation at this point. Look here on Monday to find out if it's true or not!

Ok ladies help me. If we get the regular plan free at a moderate, can we use that Table Service credit and Beirgarten for a Candlelight seat? If so, I am going to book the last date in Nov and wrap it over Thanksgiving. Then figure out how to pay for it :)
Candlelight dinner seats are 2 TS credits, not 1 like normal.

As a potential warning--Is seems like last year that POR and possible ASMo closed at the eleventh hour when they were supposed to be open. If you are really wanting FD and that is the only reason you would go and book, would hold off until the promotion is released. Gentle reminder . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter