Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roll Call:

Grand Floridian 9/13-9/20
Hoping for a room discount or we'll have to move to a mod

Does anyone know for sure if room discounts are given same day as free dining? I've got a disney visa :)

popcorn::

Roll Call:
POR 10/4-10/17

If the offer comes out and includes POR, I might have to move my reservation up 2 days. Doing so would be worth it considering the length of our stay.

fingers crossed :yay:

Good luck! I've been trying to add the 2nd onto my reservation at the BC but it's all booked up. Maybe we'll get lucky! Sending luck your way!!

I still don't have the modify button on my current reservation.

Does anyone know if I can call when and if DVC members get the green light and make brand new res? I would then hold two reservations overlapping. Then I can cancel my current one.

They tried to modify mine last year because we had to tweak dates, and I was uncomfortable with what they were doing and saying.
I'd rather book and know I have what I want, then cancel the old one.

If Movies is excluded, I'm glad we switched hotels then. We were originally booked for AS Movies (loved it in 2013), but decided to make the switch to AS Sports since movies seems to be excluded from discounts lately. I'm now trying to come up with a plan B and C in case I can't get FD at AS sports.

If we move up to a moderate, we can still get the QSDP free, right? I know the TSDP is a better deal, but we still might go with QS (we like the freedom it brings rather than planning around dinner reservations).
You can use your TS credits for a QS meal instead. This is allowed. :)

Yeah, the snake story kind of freaked me out also. Where were these snakes???

LOL

I have also been told by people who stay at CBR all the time that they have never seen a snake. My problem was that I am terrified of them so I would literally freeze and not want to go anywhere else.

I've seen snakes at Pop, but TBH the lizards freak me out more than snakes lol

ya I never saw a snake, alligator or other make scream animals. Wait, I did have a chipmunk or mouse run across the path and a lizard but they were afraid of me so I was ok with that. LOL

I also got one as a SAHM (okay I actually work per diem but so little that I make virtually nothing :-)) and I got one just today. On the application it states to include all income, if you're over 21 and someone helps you pay your bills, you can include that income also. I took that as to include DH's income, as he helps pay my bills. :D

:duck:Ya that's what I did, but DH knew about it and got his own card which he uses as much as me or more. I have a great credit score because of him. LOL

So correct me if I am wrong but, are you saying that you can use your snack credits at the kiosks at F&W? I have had free dining before but, have never been to F&W.

Yup signs tell you what can be used. It's definitely worth that sampling stuff.

Heck . . . I'm worried that I'm sidetracking this thread . . . should be about fall free dining not snakes. However, you'll be fine at CBR. Just use common sense. When Pete says "stay out of the damn lakes, he means the amoeba . . . but there are also gators & snakes in all water in Florida. A few years ago, a young boy was bitten by a cottonmouth at CBR when the toy he was playing with fell into the vegetation near the walkway and when he reached in after it, he was bitten. Florida is Florida and its important not to shove your hands into the veg or put your body into water other than a pool or ocean. Disney resorts are very well maintained & sightings (much less encounters are very rare). I haven't heard anything about in a room. CBR is a great resort. A little common sense goes a long way & you'll be good to go.

Last year a thread I was on talked about Gators in the water of the resort I was going to and I was freaking out. But as it's been said, Disney does a great job keeping us as safe as they can. I saw a YouTube video of a CM trying to catch a gator at the bottom of splash mountain. It's Florida and wild life is everywhere. Just be smart and don't go off paths and if you see something that doesn't look right, report it to a CM.

It was more the "issues" that I was playing off. Occasional vs Issues is a big different. :)

Related to snakes - DH has a picture - yes after he called the front desk :) - WL Courtyard view - 5th floor looking down at BIG snake sitting behind a bush near the entrance to the food area.. Prior to our marriage so glad I was NOT there! Anyway he said two guys with trash can and grabber things (??) came out walked from both sides, snatched him up, threw him in it and departed.

Ok snakes can climb.....that would have creeped me out.
When we were looking for a house in this neighborhood, the first one we thought we wanted didn't work out. After were lived here a few years, the people that did buy about a year after we inquired told us about the exterminator they had to hire because the walls were filled with snakes. Apparently someone left the back door to basement open which is across from wet lands. Yaaaaaaaaa I got on my knees thanking my God for not allowing that one to work out. Can you imagine?
Ok I'll try to be done snake talk. It's been a nice distraction from worrying about FD though. LOL

I'm old fashioned like that, too. I'd feel terrible if I went behind his back. Lol. I'm not going to do anything until he gets home from work and I can discuss it with him. :goodvibes

:love2:I'm old fashion too. DH wasn't planning to use the card as it was just for the discounts but with the points we are loving the "free money" by paying it off every month and only charging things we usually pay cash for. The points keep adding up. So well that I just bumped us to try the premier for a year since we got a 50 point statement credit. Wish I could have got in on a higher point deal so I could keep the extra points for more years. But that's ok it's working for us because we are able to not over charge.

I'm starting to hope RO discount comes out more than FD for a few reasons. My girlfriend helped me crunch some numbers and thoughts. But I'll be following to see what does come out and where.

pixiedust: to all!!!

yes, you must be right! We stayed BC CL last Thanksgiving. We have a F&F discount this year that excludes the Garden Wing and only includes the CL.

Seriously guys.... I
Was picking up from preschool and gone an hour and there are like 7 new pages!!!! Holy moly!
If I quickly skimmed the pages right....
Am I right that these dates were based on this twitter/blog from SA?
And then the potential Friday Disney visa release is based on previous history?????
The thought that it could be tomorrow..... I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!!!!!!
Yippee!!!!!!!!
Yikes.....so many more pages! I love it! IDK about tomorrow...but here's hoping!

(I forgot the quote button, this is about Candlelight :) ) TY, paying out of pocket for lunch is a better deal. I'll use the credit on a dinner show :)

Off topic: I'm feeling conflicted now. We could do October and mnsshp spending an extre $250 or November with Christmas party. We have never been to either what would you do?

Its funny we thought we would go and check it off our list of things we took our kids to do, but we all love it! He loves the place as much as I do and I love the planning!

Oops this one came in while I was typing.
That's what our trips in the earlier years with the kids were about.
DH did our 2013 trip because we had friends to go with. Then 2014 happened. LOL and he said "I'm Disneyed out". Now he is asking me how many days on the counter for this next one that isn't even booked yet.
We love not having to drive and if we don't both want to do something, we both have ways to enjoy separate and catch up later. I think this trip might be more of an explore other resorts trip. We'll see. A lot of the TS I have been looking at are at resorts instead of parks. We find resorts can be just as great to walk around and enjoy as the parks at times. We don't have the little ones to entertain, and we don't have to do every ride.
I'm kind of surprised by his turn around but pleasantly happy.

I'm still betting tomorrow (4/24)VISA folks and Monday(4/27) the rest of us!

Speaking of the rest of us...what are the odds of getting FD if we're not VISA carrying members? I scrambled to the phone for the Summer discount and everything was taken at the BC by 10am the first morning it was available.

We're now staying at the BLT--does anyone know if it's hard to get FD there if you don't have a VISA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter