Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for all of the great information!! Hoping the Park Hopper/Water Park add-on isn't going to be a thing, but it's not the end of the world if it is. PH only adds $272, but we have 2 adults and 2 kids over 10, so even with the add-on we'll still save around $1400 on free dining. :cool1:Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

The park hopper rumor is not exciting to me. I will be taking a 3.5 year old and almost 2 year old at the time. I'd hate to have to buy something we would not use. But because I hate to waste things I know I'm would try to use them anyway without tiring out my kids.
Oh who knew a Disney trip could be so mentally exhausting before it even begins. I haven't done this much math in awhile! I love it! :cheer2:

We loved having our PH with little kids. Went back to hotel after lunch for a nap (only adults rested) then headed back out to a new set of rides for the evening!

Since our Littles still take naps the PH made sense for us sense we were going back to the resort last year after lunch. It was especially nice when staying on the monorail loop. We hopped to MK several times when we hadn't originally planned to.

Can you have a split stay and keep the free dining the 2nd part of the split if the days are not included on their own?

Can you have a split stay and keep the free dining the 2nd part of the split if the days are not included on their own?

I'm not sure I know what you're asking. Free dining would have to be available on the check-in date of the 2nd part of your split if that's what you mean. In fact, a lot of people do a split stay if they want to start a trip on a date when free dining isn't available. They'll book a room-only for the beginning of their trip, then do a package with the free dining for the remainder.

This Disney Visa is burning a hole in my pocket. I'm tempted to just book POFQ and pay for dining.

I don't have a Disney Visa, but trying to figure out how to best maximize a trip given the possible FD dates is making me want to just give up book a vacation regardless of when FD is offered too. Because I originally wanted to go sometime around Dec 13 - 20, and really don't want to have to bother with a split stay. But I don't want to pay full price either, which is what I'd have to do to stay at POFQ, which is the place I'd really want to stay onsite. So I may just have to hope for a UOC, rent DVC points, or stay offsite, who knows.

I don't know how to take a screen shot and I don't understand computers or cookies and I don't usually post over here and I'm not even sure if this pic will show up but I was on another page looking at something and this advertisement popped up for free dining. When I click on it it just takes me to the normal Walt Disney travel page and it doesn't show this listed in their current discounts, so I don't know if it is an outdated link or a new link that is a mistake or what. Just thought the info belonged over here. If the pic doesn't show up it says:
"GET A FREE DINING PLAN when you buy a non-discounted 6 night/7-day Walt Disney Travel Co. package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and tickets with Park Hopper Option.

728x90_FY15_WDW_Transact_FY14_Q4_Free_Dine_Minnie_Picnic.gif

Again, just sharing. I already have a UOC myself that trumps the FD so I don't really care, but I see it is a topic of great excitement for some.

let's say my check in day was 11/18-11/30 and I wanted to stay at BC from 11/18-11/25 and then wanted to switch to the CR for the remainder of the trip. Can I still get the FD for the CR half even though 11/25-11/30 is not within the FD days

I don't know how to take a screen shot and I don't understand computers or cookies and I don't usually post over here and I'm not even sure if this pic will show up but I was on another page looking at something and this advertisement popped up for free dining. When I click on it it just takes me to the normal Walt Disney travel page and it doesn't show this listed in their current discounts, so I don't know if it is an outdated link or a new link that is a mistake or what. Just thought the info belonged over here. If the pic doesn't show up it says:
"GET A FREE DINING PLAN when you buy a non-discounted 6 night/7-day Walt Disney Travel Co. package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and tickets with Park Hopper Option.

View attachment 90731

Again, just sharing. I already have a UOC myself that trumps the FD so I don't really care, but I see it is a topic of great excitement for some.
Just out of curiosity what site was this on?

View attachment 90731

Interesting. Where did you find this? Could it be old, but then again it mentions park hopper? Another way Disney changes an offer and makes money. They can't give away dining for free.

Just out of curiosity what site was this on?

I was reading an article on the free thought project. It wasn't a disney site. My husband says it is an advertisement geared towards me related to stored cookies on my computer. I frequently have Disney ads in my sidebar, but they are usually up to date. I haven't had one that is for an expired offer or anything before.

That is why I made the disclaimer I don't know how cookies works. Usually the ones I see lately are for the summer discount.

I was reading an article on the free thought project. It wasn't a disney site. My husband says it is an advertisement geared towards me related to stored cookies on my computer. I frequently have Disney ads in my sidebar, but they are usually up to date. I haven't had one that is for an expired offer or anything before.

I'm not exactly sure how cookies work either, other than they are targeted based on your browsing history, but it would seem doubtful that it was a past offer, usually cookies are fairly up to date, as you've noticed. But I don't think this is even a past offer, is it? Very interesting. It does make you wonder with the site being down this morning, and new offers coming, if this advertisement just came out a bit too soon. It will be interesting if the park hopper ticket rumor turns out to be true, or if it's just a marketing technique to try to convince you to buy park hoppers when you don't really have to for the deal. Because I'd be really shocked if they required a 6 night stay as well. But who knows anymore! Thanks for the info.

ETA: If it turns out the park hopper rumor is indeed true, I think I may have to thrown in the towel on FD. Disney money-making tactics may have just knocked me out, lol.

That's

View attachment 90731

This is very interesting. I don't think its old because I've never seen the park hopper requirement on any other FD offer. I bet they're gearing up for the release and this slipped through the cracks.

not fair. I was just browsing the uk site and they have an offer for 2016 FD!!!

Disney always promotes more length of stay than is required for an offer. I bet, with when the new offer comes out, the PH option is a must. I'm going to see if I can generate that ad on my pages.

Disney always promotes more length of stay than is required for an offer. I bet, with when the new offer comes out, the PH option is a must. I'm going to see if I can generate that ad on my pages.

That is true, I do always see them promote some length of stay - but never park hoppers. PH very well may be required. Ack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter