Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With every bit of information, I'm getting more confused. Should I just try to book a new res at midnight or six or whenever the offer is released? Or should i just call at seven? I didn't want to book a new res b/c I have the reduced cost of memory maker. It's $20, but still...

With every bit of information, I'm getting more confused. Should I just try to book a new res at midnight or six or whenever the offer is released? Or should i just call at seven? I didn't want to book a new res b/c I have the reduced cost of memory maker. It's $20, but still...

It is so confusing. I'm going to attempt to do it online first and then call at 7 if I can't get it to work.

If I have an existing reservation with dining and the FD offer matches my dates, resort, etc. do I have to call in a set time to add the FD? I don't want to tie up the phone as soon as the announcement comes out changing mine while others are on trying to book from scratch.

If I have an existing reservation with dining and the FD offer matches my dates, resort, etc. do I have to call in a set time to add the FD? I don't want to tie up the phone as soon as the announcement comes out changing mine while others are on trying to book from scratch.

I think they have a seperate line for if your booking a new reservation (someone correct me if im wrong)

Anyone have advice of Sept vs Nov?
I have gone the first week and a half in Nov for the past 3 yrs and always had good weather. Very cold mornings (pack a sweater or two) but sunshine and then warming to mid-late 60s in the afternoon. Chillier evenings. I'm Canadian so this is wonderful for us. However, I have noticed many Americans in sweats & long pants particularly in the early a.m. around the resort and then later in the evening. Pack a pr of jeans & maybe sweat pants? Maybe 1 day of rain on one trip and a few overnight showers on other trips. This is why I don't choose Sept. Not a big fan of driving rain in Orlando. All the best!

You will have to call. They do not hold a room for you from the FD pool just because you have a rack rate room booked. If they run out of rooms in the promotion at your resort before you call, you will have to either switch resorts or go without FD. Thats why people advise against booking before the discounts come out.

You do not have to call at a set time, but you should call as soon as you can. FD does run out, and just because you have a package booked, it does not hold a place for you with FD.

I think that's the nicest thing I've ever heard. :love:

But the longer you wait to call, the more the availability for FD at your resort in your room type has a chance of filling up :/ I think they have you press different numbers on the line if booking a new reservation or modifying an existing reservation from what I've read.

There's a set amount of rooms for the offer. The people calling and you are going against that same pool. Having it booked early doesn't have a benefit for you.

I'm missing all of the FD excitement this time around because I booked a bounceback in 2014 so we already have FD for 2015. Just reading a few posts and seeing that there may not be a head start for DV holders and you may have to book a new reservation just to get FD?

Does anyone else think that by making guests jump through more hoops to get this discount that Disney may be on the way to phasing out FD altogether (though I hope not)?

I'm missing all of the FD excitement this time around because I booked a bounceback in 2014 so we already have FD for 2015. Just reading a few posts and seeing that there may not be a head start for DV holders and you may have to book a new reservation just to get FD?

Does anyone else think that by making guests jump through more hoops to get this discount that Disney may be on the way to phasing out FD altogether (though I hope not)?

I was wondering if adding ph as a requirement was a way to see if people would pay a bit to still get free dining... Leading into the stay play and dine offer being used instead.

Seriously debating booking with a travel agent TODAY...
If Free Dining goes general tomorrow, I will be on the phone with my TA as soon as their office opens. I spoke with her on Fri and she has my wants but won't book until I call her to confirm. She advised she can put my pkg on hold (for 24hrs?) with CAA and then my $200 US deposit is due. My first choice is POP with AS Sports a distant 2nd so believe I will be fine for availability. If my heart was set on a moderate, that might be a different story. All indications are that there is much more limited availability at the mods this year. Wishing absolutely everyone the very best for their reservations & plans!

There is definitely a reduction in value when it gets this stressful, in addition to the ticket add-on requirement. However, I don't know enough to know if it's to make the dining plan continue to work on their side, or to wean the guests off of that discount overall.

I was wondering if adding ph as a requirement was a way to see if people would pay a bit to still get free dining... Leading into the stay play and dine offer being used instead.

What is the stay, play and dine? We're a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids). All my kids will be considered disney adults. Park hoppers are going to add $340 for us. I'm still doing the figuring on everything. Was hoping to stay more nights, but may have to cut back if the park hopper must be added.

What is the stay, play and dine? We're a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids). All my kids will be considered disney adults. Park hoppers are going to add $340 for us. I'm still doing the figuring on everything. Was hoping to stay more nights, but may have to cut back if the park hopper must be added.

In it's most simplistic form... Everyone pays child price for adults. So it's discounted, but not free dining.

It's what the use now at the beginning of the year instead of FD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter