Free Dining Success Rate

Been trying to switch over to a moderate resort (any will do right now).

Was originally at POP, TA switched it to ALS. Been checking for an upgrade.

We wanted Pop and the only value available was ASP. It was our last choice :sad:. Oh well at least we are going to Disney! My TA (and best friend) is going to keep checking for us.

We are excited to do just the Quick Service Dining Plan. We have not enjoyed having to stress over the ADR's the last couple of trips and felt that our trips have become less spontaneous. So this trip is going to be relaxed and care-free :love:.

We went for FD on our honeymoon 11/9/15. Our goal was to go again that same week this year or the first week of December. However, I was unsure about the dates and because I have to compete with 30 other people to request time off at work, we decided to wait until FD was released. I booked the day it was released, but I had to wait until way late at night because it was my closing night at work. We didn't like the November and December dates so we chose 9/10-9/17. My goal was CBR, POR, or Pop because I knew I couldn't afford what I really wanted. . .AKL. Because we wanted to save as much money as possible to put toward other things like MNSSHP, we decided it would be cheaper for us to do Pop and upgrade to the basic DP for only and extra $275 or so. I also paid $66 dollars more to get a preferred room at Pop. Total spent for 7 nights is less than 2 grand.

We went for FD on our honeymoon 11/9/15. Our goal was to go again that same week this year or the first week of December. However, I was unsure about the dates and because I have to compete with 30 other people to request time off at work, we decided to wait until FD was released. I booked the day it was released, but I had to wait until way late at night because it was my closing night at work. We didn't like the November and December dates so we chose 9/10-9/17. My goal was CBR, POR, or Pop because I knew I couldn't afford what I really wanted. . .AKL. Because we wanted to save as much money as possible to put toward other things like MNSSHP, we decided it would be cheaper for us to do Pop and upgrade to the basic DP for only and extra $275 or so. I also paid $66 dollars more to get a preferred room at Pop. Total spent for 7 nights is less than 2 grand.

Nice. Go every year. Feed the need. Then pass on the magic when you have kids.

Wanted POR or CB but got the Cabins. It was more then we wanted to pay but they look nice and roomy for our family of 5 :) We weren't picky on the dates, we could of went any time but everything sold out before 9am! We are super lucky to have gotten the cabins.

You have to go into your chase disney visa account and make sure the settings indicate that you want emails and special offers, etc. I did that and apparently it put me on the list! :)

I have looked everywhere on the Chase site and cant figure out how to do this. I've found on the Disneyreward site, a link to set up email for special offers but it just takes me back to Chase. Can you point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
I have looked everywhere on the Chase site and cant figure out how to do this. I've found on the Disneyreward site, a link to set up email for special offers but it just takes me back to Chase. Can you point me in the right direction?

Well, I see what you mean... unfortunately, I went back to my account and tried to retrace my actions to figure out what I did and there is just no way to recall it. I do remember I went around and around trying to figure out how to expand my settings because I saw the recommendation on someone else's thread about how to get the notifications, and I was just determined to do it one way or another. I did the same thing that you experienced, going around between Chase and Disney, and finally clicked on something that opened up choices for online/email advertisements - which normally I would avoid like the plague! But I gave permission somehow and have been getting some offers through the Disney visa ever since. I'm really sorry I can't explain it any better :confused3- but I just spent 15 minutes circling around and got nowhere! But I know I did it a few months ago....

I called at 7 AM ET and had to switch from Club Level we had booked to Savannah View at AKL. We were fine with that though because I think the free dining is a better deal and we can just request and Arusha view & hope for the best. But, I'm still checking daily just in case we can get our CL back on the offer!

We are late to the party, but we got our home at Pop. Our dates were pretty flexible, but I wanted to go down for my birthday again. We've been checking, but ASp preferred was the only value available.... Until this morning! :cool1:

I checked this morning and had my choice of rooms at POR for my dates. Just for fun I checked again and everything was gone. Glad I was checking at least 3 times a day to change or I would have missed it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter