Free Dining ?

stsomewhere

DIS Veteran
I got a pin code for free quick dining.

I would like to stay at a resort for 6 or 7 nights. We do not want to go to the parks everyday.

We would like to spend a day or 2 at a park, a day at BB. waterpark, a trip to the beach, a trip to Universal to see Harry Potter.

We have a one day ticket left from a previous trip.

Can I get free dining if I only buy a one or two day ticket? Would it be good for the entire trip?

Thanks

Yes! Unless it states otherwise on your PIN, you only have to buy 1 day park ticket in the package to get the free dining for the entire stay.

Hey!

We just got the same pin offer, too! :cool1:
Please let me know what you find out or if you book, how it went.
With the Electrical Parade and new fireworks here just for this summer (they say) DH and I would love to take the kids to the parks just for a day or two - and this would be the perfect excuse :D

QSDP - I got another one today too. :woohoo: too bad it's not for our travel dates :mad: other wise I would have been all over it w/ my TA.

I got the same PIN and booked my trip purchasing only a 1day MYW base ticket. I also was able to upgrade to the Regular Dining Plan (1ts, 1cs, 1 sn) for a small amount more.

How much did it cost you to upgrade to regular dining, if you don't mind me asking! I thinking about it for this year but not sure. I wasn't aware they had new fireworks, is that just in MK? Is the electrical parade new too?

After you purchase a 4 day ticket it is only a few dollars per day to add more days so even if you just hit the parks for the fireworks or dinner you don't have to feel guilty about not getting your "money's worth" spending every possible second in the parks. It allows for some relaxation and a slower pace. Enjoy!

I think we just got this pin, but I haven't read the details. We spent Christmas at WDW with free dining (regular, not quick service) and think we may go for the quick service sometime. We like table service, but it does take a lot of time away from "doing stuff." :banana: Plus, now that you have to pay tips, it's just not as good a deal as it used to be. And we feel stuffed after table service even if we don't finish the meal.

We always have tons of counter service left over if we use all our table service. We did the math and figure if we used free quick service dining, we could pay OOP for a few table service meals and it wouldn't be that expensive. At Yak & Yeti, we each got the mahi mahi and it was so huge we could have split it. So if we split an entree, get a dessert or two, pay for a kid's meal for DD....it's not so bad. And we don't have to do it every day.

Anyone else tried this?

I think we just got this pin, but I haven't read the details. We spent Christmas at WDW with free dining (regular, not quick service) and think we may go for the quick service sometime. We like table service, but it does take a lot of time away from "doing stuff." :banana: Plus, now that you have to pay tips, it's just not as good a deal as it used to be. And we feel stuffed after table service even if we don't finish the meal.

We always have tons of counter service left over if we use all our table service. We did the math and figure if we used free quick service dining, we could pay OOP for a few table service meals and it wouldn't be that expensive. At Yak & Yeti, we each got the mahi mahi and it was so huge we could have split it. So if we split an entree, get a dessert or two, pay for a kid's meal for DD....it's not so bad. And we don't have to do it every day.

Anyone else tried this?

We have decided that on our next trip unless we get offered the free basic dining plan that we will be doing the quick service plan. For many of the same reasons you mentioned. If we end up doing the basic plan again we will be using at least half of the table service meals for breakfast vs dinner. This way we can get the ts meal out of the way first thing. Leaving us with more time for shows/parades etc. Without having to plan ts out around parades/shows etc. in advance.

I received this pin code today as well but will not be using it. After our Christmas trip we have decided we will be going back around that time from now on. The weather is so much nicer and we enjoyed the atmosphere in the parks at that time of year.

I checked my pin code. You need to purchase 4 night/ 5 day non discounted vacation package.

You have to stay at LEAST 4 nights/5 days. However you don't have to purchase that many park tickets. We had the same wording on our PIN offer in Dec and I only purchased 1 park ticket per person and got free dining for the entire time. When you call and talk to a CM just tell them you only want 1or 2 days of tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter