Free DLR hotel upgrades?

Yea, I don't think it would be worth it for just two of you. The least we've had is 6. It's worth it then.

I can see how it would easily be worth it for groups of 4+, even 3 if eating in park isn't a big deal.

We are booked at the Anaheim Plaza right now but I think I'll book a few nights in a theme room view at PPH as a treat for DS!

awdsmama said:
I can see how it would easily be worth it for groups of 4+, even 3 if eating in park isn't a big deal.

We are booked at the Anaheim Plaza right now but I think I'll book a few nights in a theme room view at PPH as a treat for DS!

Ask for one of the higher floors for the best view... not many people request the 13th floor (some request not to stay there), so if you are not superstitious ask for that. The views are amazing.

Ask for one of the higher floors for the best view... not many people request the 13th floor (some request not to stay there), so if you are not superstitious ask for that. The views are amazing.

DS's favorite favorite FAVORITE attraction is Tower of Terror - so asking for the 13th floor would be perfect...thanks for the tip!:thumbsup2

I think if you're staying for a short period of time (one or two nights) you have a much higher chance of getting upgraded than if you were staying for a longer period. Free upgrades means they have nicer rooms that aren't sold. They may be sold for the next night, but open the night you check in. If you only stay one night, they may move you up. This leaves the cheaper rooms open for last minute check-ins, people who don't have reservations who just show up.

halfwaynowhere said:
I think if you're staying for a short period of time (one or two nights) you have a much higher chance of getting upgraded than if you were staying for a longer period. Free upgrades means they have nicer rooms that aren't sold. They may be sold for the next night, but open the night you check in. If you only stay one night, they may move you up. This leaves the cheaper rooms open for last minute check-ins, people who don't have reservations who just show up.

This makes sense. We rarely stay less than 4 nights.

We've been upgraded three times. Twice at the PPH and once at the DLH when the renovations just started.

At the PPH we booked a standard room. It was my son's first trip at 10 months and my moms bday was that week. They upgraded us to a view corner room! It was AMAZING! The corner rooms are much larger and my son had plenty of room to crawl around =) Pretty sure that was the year of a million dreams. And they asked about my son's first trip and if we were celebrating anything......

The following year we stayed at the DLH because it was cheaper then the PPH. They had just started the renovations. We at that point had my son, 22 months and my youngest, 2 months and my mom. We went to check in and then when I asked if my mom could buy her ticket at the counter, the CM asked if my mom was staying with us (she was), but for some reason it wasn't noted on the reservation. She disappeared for a long time.......I got concerned, but she came out with balloons and signed autographed character photos and told us we had been upgraded to a suite! I felt like I hit the lotto! It was SO amazing!! The room was so nice! An entire living room area with a wet bar and half bath, then a full bath separated from the bedroom with two queen beds! the bedroom was large enough for two pack and plays, and the extra room was nice for us adults to hang out after the little ones were in bed! And at that point, there were still balconies, and we had a pool view! We couldn't have asked for more! It was the best =)

And the last time was at PPH....this time I think it was just because they made an error. We got a standard room and went up to it...but it was a handicapped accessible, so there was no couch that turns into a bed and no tub, just a roll in shower. My mom was with us so we needed the little couch for my oldest to sleep on. And my kids refuse to take showers! LOL. It was a very nice room other then that. So I politely called the front desk and asked if we could move.......she asked if a King room would work, which if my mom wasn't there it totally would have.......so after explaining 3 adults, she moved us to a corner view room! (again) I didn't ask for a view room, just for a regular room with 2 queens and a tub ;) And I'm always super nice to people when I interact with them because I treat them how I would like to be treated-even though in my mind I was stressing if they didn't have another room to move us to (it was Xmas time).

I think we've been really lucky and I am always so grateful for our upgrades! And for some reason, I think my mom being there has something to do with it. Maybe she's our good luck charm!

We've been upgraded three times. Twice at the PPH and once at the DLH when the renovations just started.

At the PPH we booked a standard room. It was my son's first trip at 10 months and my moms bday was that week. They upgraded us to a view corner room! It was AMAZING! The corner rooms are much larger and my son had plenty of room to crawl around =) Pretty sure that was the year of a million dreams. And they asked about my son's first trip and if we were celebrating anything......

The following year we stayed at the DLH because it was cheaper then the PPH. They had just started the renovations. We at that point had my son, 22 months and my youngest, 2 months and my mom. We went to check in and then when I asked if my mom could buy her ticket at the counter, the CM asked if my mom was staying with us (she was), but for some reason it wasn't noted on the reservation. She disappeared for a long time.......I got concerned, but she came out with balloons and signed autographed character photos and told us we had been upgraded to a suite! I felt like I hit the lotto! It was SO amazing!! The room was so nice! An entire living room area with a wet bar and half bath, then a full bath separated from the bedroom with two queen beds! the bedroom was large enough for two pack and plays, and the extra room was nice for us adults to hang out after the little ones were in bed! And at that point, there were still balconies, and we had a pool view! We couldn't have asked for more! It was the best =)

And the last time was at PPH....this time I think it was just because they made an error. We got a standard room and went up to it...but it was a handicapped accessible, so there was no couch that turns into a bed and no tub, just a roll in shower. My mom was with us so we needed the little couch for my oldest to sleep on. And my kids refuse to take showers! LOL. It was a very nice room other then that. So I politely called the front desk and asked if we could move.......she asked if a King room would work, which if my mom wasn't there it totally would have.......so after explaining 3 adults, she moved us to a corner view room! (again) I didn't ask for a view room, just for a regular room with 2 queens and a tub ;) And I'm always super nice to people when I interact with them because I treat them how I would like to be treated-even though in my mind I was stressing if they didn't have another room to move us to (it was Xmas time).

I think we've been really lucky and I am always so grateful for our upgrades! And for some reason, I think my mom being there has something to do with it. Maybe she's our good luck charm!

Would your mom like to meet us there in October? ;-)

^LOL, I know right!

We always try to get her to come along with us....sometimes she doesn't and it's just not the same without her! She loves DL as much as we do and I think she really enjoys going with the kids ;)

We have been many times without getting upgraded too. I don't know how they decide who gets an upgrade and who doesn't.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter