Free gifts when staying at DVC resorts?

PrincessKL

Mouseketeer
We are DVC resale owner for two years. when we stayed at VGF this month, it was the first time that I learned that we get small free gifts from DVC kiosk at the resort. It’s just a little pixie dust that brightened my daughter’s day.

I have some questions about how it works. Do you always get something when you stay at the DVC resorts? Do you get something every day like on the Disney cruise or is it just once per stay? We did get two gifts, is it because we stayed for two nights? Does the gift change from resort to resort or are they mostly the same like on every cruise? Do you just go to the DVC kiosk to ask for them every time?

You can stop and see what they are giving out it’s pretty much the same

We go the magnet and Riviera print this time..well, we didn’t take the print as we have those already.

One place had a button with VGF and Alice. It’s just whatever they have on hand to give out!

They had the sliders last month and were doing the bracelets but I didn’t have luck finding those this week when I was there.

So resale people can get these little gifts too?

Anyone know if VGC has them?

Don’t know the rules for VGC but I think the other things are available to all..some are the same they give out to non members who just ask questions.

We were waiting for our table at Grand Floridian Cafe last Saturday and sat next to the DVC table. We were looking at their pin trading board and started talking. They asked if we own and we said yes and they gave us the DVC Member magnet. We bought resale so they also helped assign us a guide.

I had lunch at Craftsman Grill yesterday and stopped at the desk in the lobby as I was heading home, and the CM there said they didn’t have anything (and I got the feeling they aren’t too happy about it, what with the gigantic new tower going up across the street). VGC, for all its point value, is always the tow-headed step child when it comes to SWAG. For the past two years, most of what they had was surplus cruise-specific gifts that had zero to do with the resort. Seems like in the past DVD forgot there is a West Coast. Hopefully, with the new tower and the 100th Anniversary, they’ll remember this is where it all started.

Last edited:
You can stop and see what they are giving out it’s pretty much the same

We go the magnet and Riviera print this time..well, we didn’t take the print as we have those already.

One place had a button with VGF and Alice. It’s just whatever they have on hand to give out!

They had the sliders last month and were doing the bracelets but I didn’t have luck finding those this week when I was there.
We got magnets and sliders in Jan/Feb.
There were 2 magnet designs; Gold DVC, Pink Dumbo
We love them all. The CMs told us that the DVC sliders were coveted among the DVC faithful. Funny; its the first time I had heard of them, and we’ve been DVC since 2011😀

We got magnets and sliders in Jan/Feb.
There were 2 magnet designs; Gold DVC, Pink Dumbo
We love them all. The CMs told us that the DVC sliders were coveted among the DVC faithful. Funny; its the first time I had heard of them, and we’ve been DVC since 2011😀

They used to send the DVC ones with your MBs…can’t remember when they stopped! I got the new ones in February too!

I've been lucky at VGC. We always stop by the DVC office when we are there. This last time we were there, I got a beautiful DVC jewelry case and we got an Aulani print. We also got water bottles. During our recent visit to the Boardwalk Villas, we got a Riviera print, 2 sliders, and a magnet.

Not the same, but when we did a Disney cruise several years ago, we received a free gift every day if we stopped by the DVC counter - cups, lanyards, cupholders for the sand, etc.

I had no idea of this. New activity on resort days, see how many trinkets one can get in one day.
I had no idea until my little one happened to hop to the DVC cast member and she asked me if I got my gifts. They did ask my phone number to check I am a member and I am staying there. Then they probably check you off that you already had the gifts.

I feel kind of odd asking for stuff, when it comes to that? How do you approach it w/out feeling like a "Mooch"? LoL

At WDW DVC kiosks (resorts and parks), recently they’ve been giving out sliders or a slap bracelet. They look up your membership number and give you a specific number per account. They’ve also sometimes had a magnet, but in the past they didn’t always have something to give out, besides stickers.

If you do a room tour, you’ll usually get a small gift like a print or button (that’s what I got for stopping by the new GFV resort studios last year).

When I was at Aulani in Dec it was totally different. They had a booklet to stamp and every day you’d stop by the DVC booth for a new small gift (magnet, pop socket, button, drawstring bag, etc.)

I feel kind of odd asking for stuff, when it comes to that? How do you approach it w/out feeling like a "Mooch"? LoL
I just went to the booth and said something like hey, I heard you had DVC sliders! But that’s only because I knew from other people posting that they were giving them out.

At WDW DVC kiosks (resorts and parks), recently they’ve been giving out sliders or a slap bracelet. They look up your membership number and give you a specific number per account. They’ve also sometimes had a magnet, but in the past they didn’t always have something to give out, besides stickers.

If you do a room tour, you’ll usually get a small gift like a print or button (that’s what I got for stopping by the new GFV resort studios last year).

When I was at Aulani in Dec it was totally different. They had a booklet to stamp and every day you’d stop by the DVC booth for a new small gift (magnet, pop socket, button, drawstring bag, etc.)
We've been members since 2011 & to be quite honest, All we've ever gotten were stickers.... Didn't even know bout the extra stuff? But I still feel odd asking.lol

We've been members since 2011 & to be quite honest, All we've ever gotten were stickers.... Didn't even know bout the extra stuff? But I still feel odd asking.lol

I think the extra stuff is a recent thing. I only knew to ask about specific items when I saw it posted here or on Facebook, otherwise I didn’t normally stop at the kiosks. I would also feel odd just asking about free stuff in general!

So interesting. We were at Aulani last month and no booklet was mentioned. They gave us DVC lanyards with cards about referring friends to join... And a reasonably hard sales pitch (as far as DVC goes) to add on points or refer a friend to DVC. We're used to stickers and a print, but this was a very different experience!

They don;t have promo stuff to give away.

Back in Ye Olden Days some of the gifts were pretty nice, like DVC theme photo albums, mugs, hats....but I hadn't gotten anything in years, until the magnets showed up while I was checking in at OKW for my last trip. They verified my membership, and wanted to make sure to assign me to a guide, since my other 2 had both retired over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter