Free hotel parking with AP Preferred pass?

LORIANN

Earning My Ears
I bought my first AP in March, a Preferred one. I know I get free park parking with this, but Im staying at the Royal Pacific in April to take advantage of the Express Pass, does the Free Parking work for the resorts as well?

Thanks

No - you have to pay hotel parking if you park there. It's a bummer. We are preferred AP holders but nearly always stay at the hotels so the free parking hasn't been of much use for us. :(
Not sure Id consider this, but could I park overnight in the parking garage ( using the free parking) and then just walk to hotel? Sounds like a hassle and probably not worth it even if I could

Not sure Id consider this, but could I park overnight in the parking garage ( using the free parking) and then just walk to hotel? Sounds like a hassle and probably not worth it even if I could
We did think about it, but given our short stays (usually only one night), it would be annoying and I believe that kbelle8995 is correct that they close the parking lots at night so I don't think you can do overnight parking there. I just consider it as part of the total cost of the hotel stay. A lot of Orlando hotels charge ridiculous "resort fees" in addition to parking fees, so we feel we come out ahead by staying on property for the convenience, fast passes, etc. We are both AP and FL residents so we always stay with a discount.

Yes, I had thought that too before our first trip. I was told that they tow you unless it is obvious that your car has mechanical troubles. Otherwise all of us Preferred holders would leave our car there.

But, it does make staying offsite more attractive if you have the preferred pass, since it is easy to find a nice place without parking fees.

Not that there aren't benefits to on-site. Our upcoming trip is onsite. But, I tell myself that the passholder hotel discounts more than pay for the parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter