Free internet in Mods?

Not sure about POFQ, but we just got back from a stay at POR, and while there was nothing stating that we would have free WiFi, we were able to access the wireless internet from our room, without any issues. It was a pleasant surprise.

:goodvibes

We stayed at POR in the Alligator Bayou section last week and we had free wifi in the room. There was a card in the rooming stating it was free. The signal strength was strong and I didn't have any problems connecting with my iPhone or my iPad.

We stayed at POFQ 2/12-2/19. We had FREE wi-fi in our room and on property. The only internet you pay for is if you plug into the thing in the room. Worked well too~! I even picked up spotty wi-fi connection in all of the parks!:yay:

I just asked this on the WDW mom's panel a few weeks ago and the mom that replied (who had contacted Disney) said that POFQ did have it for now as a free trial but they did not know how long the "free trial" was going to last and then after that wireless access would be $10 per day.

I'm hoping it's still free at the end of March when we go!

I just asked this on the WDW mom's panel a few weeks ago and the mom that replied (who had contacted Disney) said that POFQ did have it for now as a free trial but they did not know how long the "free trial" was going to last and then after that wireless access would be $10 per day.

I'm hoping it's still free at the end of March when we go!

I really hope this isn't true. It's 2012 after all and other hotels I've stayed at offers free wifi, so Disney should too.

It is amazing how many answers you can get on one thread.

There is a sticky at the top of the board regarding changes to internet service. This website has updated their information regarding wifi at the mod resorts, as well as the official threads for each mod resort has updated their info regarding wifi.

It has been in use since mid_December.

There was a comment about they were "testing" wifi. Seriously, you don't run thousands of feet of wiring and then test if it is successful. I was at POR when they were working on it; it is a huge commitment of cost of both labor and material.

This is huge. They arent just going to give it, then take it back. And they wont give it and then make you pay later. They're going the way of most hotels and it's FREE. And as I said a few posts ago, it is a strong connection. We were able to watch NetFlix without interruption and download music. So nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter