Free Parking DVC Guest?

DVCjj

DIS Veteran
Booked daughter with my points. Cannot remember if she gets free parking?

From Aulani website:

Policy: Disney Vacation Club Members will not be charged an overnight parking fee when using their Membership to stay at a Disney Vacation Club Resort, regardless if they paid Vacation Points or cash, as long as their reservation was booked by Member Services or online at disneyvacationclub.com. This is also true for Guest-of-Member reservations and RCI Inbound Guests. Members also will not be charged an overnight parking fee when using Vacation Points to stay at an Aulani Resort hotel. This is also true for Guest-of-Member reservations. Disney Vacation Club Members will be charged for standard overnight parking when staying on a reservation booked through a travel agent, the Disney Reservation Center or disneyaulani.com.

If your budget allows for it, I highly recommend valet parking at Aulani. I *never* valet park at Walt Disney World, but at Aulani it always feels worth it to me.

Not answering the question posed, but here’s something of note:
  • If You Booked a Vacation Rental Through Member Services in a Disney Vacation Club Villa or Studio: Please provide your Disney Vacation Club Membership Card information at the time of booking. When checking in at the Resort Front Desk, be sure to show your Membership Card and corresponding photo ID for validation.
    (If you booked through the Disney Reservation Center, simply show your Disney Vacation Club Membership Card at the Front Desk to have the parking charge removed.)

Not answering the question posed, but here’s something of note:
  • If You Booked a Vacation Rental Through Member Services in a Disney Vacation Club Villa or Studio: Please provide your Disney Vacation Club Membership Card information at the time of booking. When checking in at the Resort Front Desk, be sure to show your Membership Card and corresponding photo ID for validation.
    (If you booked through the Disney Reservation Center, simply show your Disney Vacation Club Membership Card at the Front Desk to have the parking charge removed.)
hmmm... so, a little confusing.. do renters get free parking or not? I told mine they do.. now not so sure...

hmmm... so, a little confusing.. do renters get free parking or not? I told mine they do.. now not so sure...
That's not what this post is referencing. This post is referencing CASH reservations booked by DVC members.

Everyone staying on points gets free self-parking, full stop.

Yes, this is the way it's supposed to be, other than one time I did have a CM at the front desk who interpreted her training in-correctly, and that you need to be a DVC member for free parking and laundry tokens. What a pain to need to argue that point when you are on vacation and just not in the mood.

But to the OP, yes, guests of units booked with DVC Points do and should get free parking, it just depends on CM checking you in. It was more a problem a couple years back when they started offering free parking to DVC members for cash reservations, that some CM misunderstood the parking policy, hopefully that is largely gone away by now.

Great3

If your budget allows for it, I highly recommend valet parking at Aulani. I *never* valet park at Walt Disney World, but at Aulani it always feels worth it to me.

I have to say, I do feel the parking lot to your room at Aulani feel like the longest walk ever in Hawaii :), about on par or just slightly better as the parking lot to your room for most hotels in Vegas on the Strip.

Great3

I have to say, I do feel the parking lot to your room at Aulani feel like the longest walk ever in Hawaii :), about on par or just slightly better as the parking lot to your room for most hotels in Vegas on the Strip.

Great3
I haven't stayed at Aulani on points yet, and for cash guests the valet parking and self-parking is the same price, so it's a no-brainer. But I loved the valet parking so much I'll absolutely be using it on my upcoming DVC stay.

Yes, this is the way it's supposed to be, other than one time I did have a CM at the front desk who interpreted her training in-correctly, and that you need to be a DVC member for free parking and laundry tokens.
We had a similar problem when we extended a points reservation, for cash, because of volcanic activity on the big island. The front desk tried to charge us parking for the extra days, but the concierge kindly removed the charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter